Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Also, give the Tiffany Aching series a chance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Xander77 posted:

Raising Steam is a bad book which lacks the charm and humor of Pratchett's work. But it's still a book, at least.

Shephard's Crown is basically a conversation with a late stage Alzheimer's patient. Just... ideas and plots and paragraphs going nowhere.

I cried like a baby when I read it, though. which admittedly was right after PTerry died. It was a good send off, even if it’s not a good book.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
I started with Thud!

I’m also ready to fight anyone who says I Shall Wear Midnight is bad.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
I’ve read The Shepherd’s Crown once right after it was published, a couple of months after Sir Terry passed, and I tried like a baby through most of it. I’m trying to add it back into my regular rotation when I reread the Tiffany Aching series but I’m going to need like a good week of time during it where I can just bust into tears without people seeing me.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
I feel like a terrible Pratchett fan for enjoying UA now.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Listening to We Shall Wear Midnight by Steeleye Span and it’s giving me the same feeling that reading The Shepherd’s Crown did.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Yeah, the Night Watch and Jingo audiobooks are hard to find on US sites. I had to :filez: my way into Night Watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
My first Discworld book was a Thud! because it was in my college bookstore’s display and I picked it up on my scholarship’s book allowance.