Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Haven't read a Pratchett book in years and years but he was, ultimately, pretty integral to who I am as a person. I'm fairly sure a lot of my moral instincts come from his books. I wept so so much the day he died, I remember just sitting at my desk in my job at the time and I was shattered. He was diagnosed near the end of my adolescence and he died just before I transitioned and started to unfuck my life a bit. I miss him.

I guess this is my way of saying - what should I reread? I've reread my favourites so much over the years I don't quite know what the revisit, and I'm terrified they won't hold up to my memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I had always assumed that Rob was doing a lot to help him over the line at the end. One thing I do remember is that at some point the characters stopped sounding like themselves, presumably because it just got harder and harder to hit that consistent character voice, and I suspect that's more true when you have someone acting as amanuensis and live editor or whatnot. I don't mean any shade to Rob over that to be clear. It must have been impossibly hard.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

sebmojo posted:

The biography will make you cry a lot but in an extremely good way, it's excellent.

Got like four pages in before I started crying a bit. This is going to be a rough ride, isn't it?

lines
Aug 18, 2013

DreamingofRoses posted:

Listening to We Shall Wear Midnight by Steeleye Span and it’s giving me the same feeling that reading The Shepherd’s Crown did.

This song fucks me up every time.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I was a teacher at the time and I just remember hearing after my last lesson of the day and sitting at my desk in the shared staff office sobbing my heart out. GNU Terry Pratchett.