Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Doesn't Ridcully debut in Moving Pictures, actually?
Reaper Man, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Maybe the Fools' Guild maintains a roving street mime patrol to find people to throw in the scorpion pit.
Under Vetinari? They'd end right in the scorpion pit next cell door.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 14, 2023

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Discworld Noir is probably the best one. It has some innovative gameplay (the notebook, you can use smell to solve puzzles) and most of the puzzles makes logical sense. The fact that it is an original story also helps.
Fantastic voice work* for such a tiny cast, too.

*We don't talk about Vimes.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

citybeatnik posted:

Except for Pyramids. I think that's the only one i've not found the desire to revisit.
The Assassins' Guild exams are hilarious, but I generally tend to put the book away after that.

Mort was my first Pratchett and I've been hooked ever since. It's not so strong when compared with the laters but it's still a leap ahead from Equal Rites (even if just because it doesn't involve The Dungeon Dimensions Plot). I do think the book where Discworld comes into its own is Wyrd Sisters, though.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 25, 2024