Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furril
Apr 26, 2003

by Ozmaugh
The scene where Vimes meets the dwarves that tried to kill his family, in the underground mine. Vimes had been ratehr beat up and wasn't in the most sober state of mind. He starts quoting "Where's My Cow?"

This scene makes me think of Vimes everytime I see the main actor from "There Will be Blood"

On a side note, does anyone have the quote form the same book i believe, about dwarves and religion? The one where it ends... "... and when you hit your thumb with a 12 pound hammer, it's really good to be able to blaspheme."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furril
Apr 26, 2003

by Ozmaugh
Chiming in to say Feet of Clay was the book that got me back into Discworld. One of my favorite scenes with Sgt. Colon is in that book, where he's hanging onto a ledge for dear life:

Corporal Buggy Swires: It's all about being the right size really. I mean a mouse could fall that far and only be stunned. I could survive with a few cuts and bruises. You'll make a big mess, And I imagine an elephant would...

Sergeant Fred Colon: Oh gods! :cry:

Furril
Apr 26, 2003

by Ozmaugh
Same dates as PAX, arrgh

Actually, I've gotten so much joy from all his books, TP can write about whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. If he wants to spend his last lucid days writing non-fiction about bird watching I'll never complain,