Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reverend Werewolf
Aug 14, 2004
I got a fevah
I think that the books reached a zenith on humour, but continue to rise in actual literary quality with occasional bumps and dips.

For example, I think Soul Music and Hogfather are much funnier than both Color of Magic and later books like Night Watch, but Night Watch is a better book overall. Going Postal and The Truth were both funny and good books aside.

Monstrous Regiment I disliked. It felt forced and "angry" somehow, as if he didn't enjoy writing it or like any of the characters. I thought that it might be a "beginning of the end" book that signified a decline in quality, but he was back on form later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Werewolf
Aug 14, 2004
I got a fevah

LooseChanj posted:

Anyway, a question: Didn't Gaspode die at the end of Moving Pictures? I know the answer is probably that the series isn't really in any sort of chronological order, but it just bothered me a little.

Gaspode does not die at the end of Moving Pictures. As the magic of the clicks fades away, he loses his powers of speech and awareness and becomes a normal dog again.

In later books, its explained that he regained the ability while scavenging around Unseen University - the residual magic energy there brought it back.

Reverend Werewolf
Aug 14, 2004
I got a fevah
I always pictured Vimes as Pete Postlethwaite