Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
I liked Making Money a lot, Mr Bent's origin is cool and the Golem standard (I take it this was a reference to marxism and the value of labour?) is awesome. The highlight of the book had to be the blind letter office, the twisted logic of it all and the reminder of just how clever the Patrician is was great. I know it was just setup for the Patrician adopting Mr Fusspot but I was sad to read that Wuffles had died. Moist is a wonderful tool to show how various large institutions works in a humourous manner and always making you wonder about why a con artist is so very suited to running said institutions. I hope we get to see his next hinted at adventure.

I do have one plot question though, When the gold starts raining into the vault Moist laments that things had "been going so well..." surely extra gold is a good thing now the currency is based on Golems, its just a large amount of a valueable tradeable commodity? Or is he just upset the moment with Adora has been ruined?

icenode posted:

Books like Masquerade, Jingo and Hogfather were real duds though
I really like Jingo and Hogfather, and Masquerade isn't bad, what did you find so unappealing about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU