Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I like Pratchett (hell, I have every single Discworld book), but some of his books are too much "there's some evil thing that I'm not going to explicitly mention until the main character in the end does something that I'm also not going to really describe and then it's finished." I think Hogfather was one of those; not really having a plot, but just people running around to stop Something Evil.

Or maybe it's just me not understanding everything because English is still not my primary language. I should really start reading his latest book though, I've had it for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Dammit, another Discworld book means they won't all fit anymore on one row of my bookcase. (The main-line DW books, Tiffany's adventures and pals are living on another row already.)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

GhostDog posted:

Not quite poo poo, but certainly pretty low on my list. The two plots felt half-assed and didn't mesh together at all. Nutt would have been a better fit for the watch environment, and the soccer plot should've been a standalone "sports satire" book.

I'm also not a big fan. It felt a bit all over the place, a bit disjointed. I think there were some good jokes, but overall it was pretty 'meh'.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Nobby posted:

Jeff from Coupling is an excellent Moist. I'm actually exited for this.

I wonder if I'd be able to watch this without constantly expecting him to say something horribly perverted.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Buy Snuff on Kindle or buy a physical copy to keep my collection complete. Decisions, decisions...

Another advantage of the physical copy is the footnotes, which I really don't like on Kindle.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
This may be a stupid idea, but can't someone just mail his publisher and remind them that they should do a better job of editing? Maybe they just don't realize there's a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

AlphaDog posted:

Just finished Dodger. I really liked it. The last paragraph was awesome.

It wasn't funny like the Discworld books, but it was a pretty neat idea, and it was executed well. The underground scenes are awesome - as someone who frequently went into my city's drainage system in the past, I can say that the descriptions are really well done.

How's the editing on it? Better than on some of his latest Discworld books?