Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I really used to like Pratchet, but personally I consider his earlier works superior to his later books. Especially the early Rincewind stories are way more fun.

However, this might also come from the fact that once you have read a few books you get used to Pratchet´s way of story-telling. He always used the same loop, take some underdog character, an evil villain and his henchman, some unlikely allies and put them into a typical deus-ex-machina rollercoaster.

This is especially disturbing during some of the Guards as well as Witches books, where you get villains who are described as immensely evil and powerful but in the end go out with a whimper instead of a bang.

But as I said, as a reader you most likely get this effect once you get used to the typical Pratchet plotline, for someone new to his works the books provide real good entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU