Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Krinkle posted:

Who else is going to the booksigning tomorrow? They sell books there right? Because I haven't bought a copy of making money yet so that I could get it signed and not get told I have to buy another one, or whatever. I have never been to a book signing and am just guessing how it goes.

I was at the signing and got the book signed. The line was huge -- I had no idea he was that popular!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Krinkle posted:

what kind of line are we talking about here? This thing is at 1 and I'm planning to be there by 11:30. Is this the stay-up-all-night-hope-they-got-more-than-two-wiis-last-december type line or is it more a "wow I can't believe I spent an hour just to get an autograph" line?

It's more of the second kind. It was just weird because the DC book festival was the largest I'd ever seen, and yet on the mall, most of the people in line were for his signing. This thread showed he was fairly popular on the SA forums, but the magnitude of his total popularity in the DC area amazed me. The signing area would have been about 1/4 the size if he hadn't been there.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

bewilderment posted:

It's always been my opinion that Night Watch is the best Discworld book, but only if you've read the majority of the other Watch books. Guards! Guards!, Men at Arms, and Feet of Clay, at least. Jingo is pretty meh, but Fifth Elephant was good for seeing what went on in Uberwald.

Jingo was actually one of my favorites (I liked Vetinari when he was off his leash) whereas I didn't care for Fifth Elephant as much. I guess I thought it was cooler for the Watch to be in Klatch rather than Uberwald, but that's just a matter of opinion.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

David Tennant is awesome as the Doctor.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

I really liked The Last Continent, but for the wizards of UU, not Rincewind. I agree Rincewind has run his course, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of the wizards at UU by themselves without him around.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Ah, DWCon. I haven't been in a long time

At first, looking at your avatar, I thought this was Doctor Who Con. Then I saw the thread title and realized which universe I was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

freelop posted:

I'd enjoy that plot.

Also you can read in a dream? Whenever I try the words don't sit right and I get very frustrated

If I'm thinking of a word that I'm supposed to be reading, my brain will generate it but if it's just random text, it's unintelligible. I have to be concentrating on a specific word.