Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

Posted this in BYOB recently, but decided it might have greater potential than a mere thread.

http://www.phoenixgamesgroup.com/uk/index.html

This is a collection of the worst European knockoff games I've ever seen. The titles range from the vaguely familiar...

...to the borderline copyright-infringement with hilarious subtle changes (whether to dodge a lawsuit or to be politically correct I'm not sure)...

...to the, um...this...

There are scads of other Disney knockoffs, as well as games that look suspiciously like "real" games right down to the design of the title logo. And a surprisingly large portion of the "games" are described as "cartoon films" with accompanying activities like puzzles and coloring books, so they aren't so much games as they are (presumably) crappy little cartoon movies with interactive special features.

To find out what REALLY makes Phoenix Games different, you can go straight to the source:

quote:

With a small elite team of 6 people specializing in licensing, marketing and publishing of value priced games, development and manufacturing are bundled through outsourcing and collaboration. This approach suppresses our fixed costs and enables a revolutionary low price strategy.

We boast the shortest time required from development to product release in the industry. Ordinarily the average development period for a game is 18 months, whereas Phoenix need a mere 3-5 months. With integrated standards in production and packaging it is now possible to realize low costs through stabilization of variable costs and suppression of fixed costs. In the case of fixed costs we are suppressing development costs per product unit by maximizing the sales volume through a low cost strategy and also both diminishing advertising and promotional costs and maximizing operating profits by securing a dependable fan base through an identifying packaging of a series.

I posted this in the ALOD thread because I don't see any other feature article suggestion threads around, but I have this crazy pipe dream that it'll be worthy of a Fashion S.W.A.T. Ah well, use it however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU