Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Twobits posted:

I hope someone records adam's loveline appearance tonight because I need to go to sleep early tonight :(

Anyone?

Does anyone know of a site that has current loveline episodes other than the official paid site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Magnificent Quiver posted:

Cranberry sauce is the counterpart to the MAIN MEAT, so no I don't accept your excuse. On Thanksgiving, my mom would just stick a wooden spoon in my hand and tell me to stir the cranberries until they were done. That's all the effort you need.

Uh cranberry sauce is the lowest of all side dishes on the totem pole. Its disgusting mush you use to fill in the last empty part of your plate no matter how you make/buy it.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

zVxTeflon posted:

Uh cranberry sauce is the lowest of all side dishes on the totem pole. Its disgusting mush you use to fill in the last empty part of your plate no matter how you make/buy it.

You can't judge. Nope, you can not judge.

Kingsbury
Mar 28, 2010

by angerbot

Brekelefuw posted:

You can't judge. Nope, you can not judge.

recockulous

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Current episode on the random stream is the one with drew taking the PSATs in his mother's womb

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

EnsGDT posted:

Current episode on the random stream is the one with drew taking the PSATs in his mother's womb
http://home.comcast.net/~beefypapal/Pages/DFauntleroyo.htm

Godspell
Jan 8, 2005
Welding is fun!

CatchrNdRy posted:

The worst guests were English rock bands and starlets under 25. Kelly is/was

Funny I just listened to an episode with Kelly Osborne(An episode way after the ww2 incident) and she was really good. She was actually calling out callers with lovely attitudes and questions as much or more than Adam.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Not to get too GWS here, but you can take that basic cranberry sauce recipe and doll it up in a few ways. For those that like things sweet, add orange zest and walnuts. For those that like it hot, add cilantro and sliced jalapeņos, and it becomes sort of a salsa. Warning: be sure to label the one with peppers in it, grandma doesn't like to be surprised like that. In both cases, it's better if you make it the night before and let the flavors meld together.

On topic: Haven't really enjoyed any of the replacements for Teresa, and frankly I just prefer the episodes with Adam and one guest shooting the breeze for a while. The whole news thing has become a joke, between guest readers and the fact that Adam stomps all over anything the poor girl tries to say.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

zVxTeflon posted:

I know I must not judge, but stuffing that dry rear end cranberry-less turkey in your mouth is an affront to everything that our GIs died to preserve.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

whatsabattle posted:

Paul Rodriguez (aka 80s George Lopez) is another one, he seems like just a crappy stand up comic but then he was talking about being in the navy and a dude dying in his arms and poo poo.

Not long ago I listened to an 03 episode with him and I thought it was really terrible, I mean I guess he was trying but he was giving out bad advice left and right and wasn't funny in the slightest

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I'm pretty new to loveline - only listened too most of 2002 so far, but so far probably the best band I have heard come on the show is Def Leppard - so not all English rock bands are terrible. I think it's a July 02 episode.

The guests are usually a pain in the rear end to be honest. So many times you KNOW Adam and Drew are desperate to tell a guest that she/he is just talking a lot of poo poo - but they so rarely do.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Magnificent Quiver posted:

I know I must not judge, but stuffing that dry rear end cranberry-less turkey in your mouth is an affront to everything that our GIs died to preserve.

Why is your turkey so dry? Are you microwaving or deepfrying it or some poo poo? :cmon:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Yup, love that cartoon.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

WDIIA posted:

Not long ago I listened to an 03 episode with him and I thought it was really terrible, I mean I guess he was trying but he was giving out bad advice left and right and wasn't funny in the slightest

I mean he wasn't setting the world on fire with comedy or advice or anything, but he at least had some actual real background and life experiences, not "HAY I AM KELLY OSBOURNE AND I AM FAMOUS" or "MY DAD IS DR PHIL SO HEY I WROTE A BOOK"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alright, I haven't heard back from my new hosting company yet or even paid them but they already setup a new stream for me and it's been live for about a week now. Until I have access to the admin area I'm not rolling it into the main site yet, but if you goons want to try it out first go here and have a listen.

http://lovelinestream.com/goonline.html

It's now a 64kbps AAC stream and has unlimited listeners on it. The flash player is a beta but I'll try and make something nicer once everything is finalized. Any comments are welcome.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

BorderPatrol posted:

Alright, I haven't heard back from my new hosting company yet or even paid them but they already setup a new stream for me and it's been live for about a week now. Until I have access to the admin area I'm not rolling it into the main site yet, but if you goons want to try it out first go here and have a listen.

http://lovelinestream.com/goonline.html

It's now a 64kbps AAC stream and has unlimited listeners on it. The flash player is a beta but I'll try and make something nicer once everything is finalized. Any comments are welcome.

This is excellent. I can skip that low-quality Everclear episode on the main line. Thanks!

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Does anyone else love the new Stinky Pinky game as much as I do? I find myself dancing every time that catchy theme comes on.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

gabrielx posted:

Does anyone else love the new Stinky Pinky game as much as I do? I find myself dancing every time that catchy theme comes on.

It is a hell of a game, no doubt. I am waiting on Spencer to call in with one. Did you hear the SP last night from the 72 year old man? What the hell...

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

I heard it being teased but was called away and missed it :( Do you remember it at all?

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
It ended up being the man reciting an entire sentence and then having to have the rules explained to him twice by Drew and Mike. He still did not understand but went on to explain that he dressed up as Drew for Halloween... 72 year old man.

XBurritoXLogicX
Jun 26, 2005

by T. Finninho
I'm listening to the Bill Nye episode, and while Adam is being pretty annoying, it's one of my favorite episodes. Anyone know of any other podcasts/shows with Bill Nye? Preferably with a layman focus?

I like having Adam there to ask questions, but goddamn he steps on everything Bill says.

Kingsbury
Mar 28, 2010

by angerbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxRouyOgeCI&f

holy poo poo...

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

Kingsbury posted:

holy poo poo...

A fantastic tribute.

Also, Stinky Pinky is a great game but god drat some people are dumb when it comes to making them up. What I'm waiting for is a brawl or something between Rudy and Spencer or some sort of other conflict between characters that he does.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

zVxTeflon posted:

Why is your turkey so dry? Are you microwaving or deepfrying it or some poo poo? :cmon:

Your turkey could be sopping wet but it would still be 100x better if you put a tiny bit of god drat effort into decent cranberry sauce

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Kingsbury posted:

holy poo poo...

OK what the hell is that sampling because it is driving me a little nuts.

frobert blamble
Feb 6, 2009

by T. Finn
I'm not 100% sure, but if I had to guess I'd say it sounds like something from the Black Eyed Peas. It has a will.i.am vibe to it.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Woohoo! Called in for the first time tonight with Rainn Wilson as a guest! I feel guilty for not having listened for so long, but Psycho Mike's voice really threw me because he sounds more like Rainn's character from The Office than Rainn himself over the phone.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Willsun posted:

Woohoo! Called in for the first time tonight with Rainn Wilson as a guest! I feel guilty for not having listened for so long, but Psycho Mike's voice really threw me because he sounds more like Rainn's character from The Office than Rainn himself over the phone.

I hope you were not the last caller of the night, I mean :wtc:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

No no no, I'm a dude. They took my call about a half hour into the show. My real question was about sexual thought being linked with sneezing. Then I asked Rainn about whether or not he likes Japanese stuff like Dwight does in The Office, in which he corrected me first on how to pronounce "karate" and that aside from liking to eat sushi and getting a certificate for yellow belt in karate when he was a teenager, he's not into it.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
My only experience of sneezing on loveline was some guy phoning in who sniffed pepper to sneeze while orgasming in order to shoot semen amazing distances. So there's that.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Mine wasn't that weird. I asked about sneezing when fantasizing about something sexual and Dr. Drew told me it was pretty common and normal and that it's caused by the same kind of reaction from being turned on and your pupils dilating and etc.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

Willsun posted:

No no no, I'm a dude. They took my call about a half hour into the show. My real question was about sexual thought being linked with sneezing. Then I asked Rainn about whether or not he likes Japanese stuff like Dwight does in The Office, in which he corrected me first on how to pronounce "karate" and that aside from liking to eat sushi and getting a certificate for yellow belt in karate when he was a teenager, he's not into it.

Haha, I knew that call had to be a goon.

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

Today's news girl was great and looks exactly like a younger Teresa, I think I'm in love :swoon:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

gabrielx posted:

Haha, I knew that call had to be a goon.

Guilty as charged, haha. I really had been wondering since I started watching The Office whether or not Rainn was the one to add those touches or if it was written for him.

And because I haven't listened to Loveline for a long time (found out now that I could listen to 107.7 The End from Seattle online), I was confused as to what "Stinky Pinky" was. At first I assumed it was some stupid inside joke the new Psycho Mike guy came up with, but it's fun, even if it is gimmicky. I would still prefer "Germany or Florida" though, but I take it people pining for anything from the Drew/Adam combo is beaten to the ground here.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Willsun posted:

And because I haven't listened to Loveline for a long time (found out now that I could listen to 107.7 The End from Seattle online)

You can also listen at lovelineshow dot com. They have an uncensored preshow starting 10 minutes prior to the radio show nightly, talk during the commercial breaks or at least play music, and on Thursday nights there is the Loveline After Disaster show with Anderson and hid friend, and occasionally others.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

CatchrNdRy posted:

The worst guests were English rock bands and starlets under 25. Kelly is/was literally both.

The Darkness was of course the penultimate example, but it seems like almost all English rock bands had this smug, quiet distaste for the nature of the show. Yet hypocritically enough most seemed hungover or coming down from something.

The one, single exception to this was Def Leppard. Those guys were funny, down to earth, relaxed and totally got the show. That was a great episode.

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."

CatchrNdRy posted:

The worst guests were English rock bands and starlets under 25. Kelly is/was literally both.

The Darkness was of course the penultimate example, but it seems like almost all English rock bands had this smug, quiet distaste for the nature of the show. Yet hypocritically enough most seemed hungover or coming down from something.

Turns out most English bands are the exact same as American bands.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Calling in with a stinky pinky. Shinoda is a decent SP player.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Can anyone tell me which podcast let us know Teresa was done for good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1943749
Star of the Week Interview: Adam Carolla on CollegeHumor

• Locked thread