Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
Without Loveline I never would have realized how much greater pie is than cake. I love Adam Carolla's inventions like Germany or Florida, Ace's Mexican Ranchero Accordion Countdown, ricockulous, the behymen, adam carolla/marco polo, Shame-on, the lighting round, etc.

I've also started saying "I said good day!"

...and she had a vagina the size of a mason jar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

caffeinefree posted:

Adam Carolla didn't show up to his radio show today because he was sick, which doesn't sound like him. Regardless, if you want to hear how truly awful Bonaduce is I suggest you give today's podcast a listen

Also Dr. Drew has a new radio show :cool:

http://www.1260.am/programming/hosts/bios/?host=7

Adam calls in around 8ish minutes into the second hour :neckbeard:
"Reunited and it feels so good!"

quote:

There's not much discussion about it, and I don't even remember Adam talking about pot brownies.
He had been talking about how Jimmy gave him a pot brownie in the airport for at least a few minutes.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
Anybody else catch Drew on Inside Edition just now? He was defending one of the American Idol contestants in court and commented on Britney Spears. They also mentioned his new show, Celebrity Rehab.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
Does anybody know the source of Drew's peyote drop?

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Well the difference is that Adam is so concerned with self-preservation, he wants to stop EVERYONE from having kids so he doesn't have to pay for the screwed up ones to get fixed, which is why he agrees with the abstinence advocate. The pro-life chick is against the morning after pill but not the normal birth control pill, even when Drew tells her they are exactly the same thing, so Adam is pissed because she's just a "bitch" who "can't get laid and wants to stop everyone else from getting laid."
I love how Adam totally rips her apart. The best thing is it's totally legitimate. He's a little bit of a dick at times, but Adam, Drew, and the other lady are clearly the voice of reason.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Adam will be on Loveline on the 13th. Should be an interesting show and no callers.
Why no callers? Isn't that still the premise of the show?

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
e: Show starts at 1 am EST.

Also, has anybody seen the trailer for Adam's new semi-autobiographical movie? It's about a boxing instructor, who is also a construction worker, who tries to make it big at age 39. It looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kIXXCSwt8
https://www.myspace.com/thehammermovie

subscreet fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 14, 2008

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
Goddamn I love it when the callers have theories.

e: It would be sweet if they used some old bumpers and the classic drops. What's that bumper with the kids singing that Drew always sings along with. A caller mentioned it once but I can't recall it.

subscreet fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 14, 2008

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
Somebody needs to do a mason jar call.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

Omnicarus posted:

Adam really tore into Loveline this morning on his show. I had always imagined that everyone there had an overall liking for one another, and even Anderson and Adam got along in a bizarre friendship way. This wasn't the case apparently. According to Adam this morning, no one ever liked him and he battled Producer Ann, the Production Manager, and pretty much everyone else minus Drew for the entire ten years.
I bet the fact that he loving made Loveline the legend it is today probably makes up for it. I, too, imagined that everybody at KROQ sort of got along. I thought the Adam/Anderson thing was sort of a gag.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

Jagfire posted:

We need more of this. An Adam Corolla rant/analogy index!
What a coincidence. I was just going to suggest we create some sort of wiki where people provide a list of calls with a short description of the call as well as any notable funny moments, quotes, or soon(I know there's a quote archive but I'm talking about something more comprehensive.) I hear funny poo poo all the time, but I never write down what show it was from and I forget.

Most fans are familiar with the classics like the Fletcher incident, the holocaust call, and the Culver PD sobriety test, but there are lesser-known moments that are equally if not more hilarious. For example, some of my favorites include Adam's atheist serial killer robot rant, Adam completely owning that Right to Life bitch, and that kid "Dice" calling about using weed as a contraceptive.

If everybody in this thread volunteered to basically make a cliff notes version(not a transcription) of two episodes we would have about a year's worth of episodes. I imagine some dedicated nerds will pick up the slack.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

Galler posted:

Any chance that's not one of the funny moments you forgot to write down? I'd love to listen to those episodes.

I'm going to have to start making notes as well. I've only listened to a few and I've already forgotten which ones had a few hilarious moments.
The Right to Lifer show is 2001-4-8 and it's a discussion about emergency contraception, and also the source of the "No! Not alright!" drop. I don't remember what show Dice was on but it was a no guest show. Drew basically said "If you're not using birth control and you're ejaculating inside her she will get pregnant." and Dice is just like "...Oh," and then Adam is like "Dice, you weren't a genius before you got into the weed and now you're practically retarded because you're getting baked all of the time," at which point he goes on a rant about weed.

To use the EC show as an example for a possible loveline wiki layout:

2001-4-8(Nancy from Planned Parenthood and Jenny from Right to Life)
This episode focuses on Emergency contraceptives and is also the source of the "No! Not alright!" drop.

This section would be the highlights or a quick overview of the show. It may even be unnecessary for some shows.

Calls

15:52(Maria) - Caller states she would have had an abortion if it weren't for EC.

and so on

Basically this section would contain the time, name, and questions for each call as well as anything notably funny about the call. Possibly quotations, but ideally not a transcript.

Notable/Funny Rant/Quotes/Banter
This could possibly be divided into two sections: one for a checklist of common rants. Something like "this episode contains: -left arrow rant, -pie rant, etc . The other would be quotations of any particular funny moments or whatever. This particular episode has an arrow rant but it's in the second hour I think and I'm too lazy to find it.

11:18 - Jenny: I don't have that statistic, that percentage.
Adam: Why not?
Jenny: I don't have (stutters) I just don't have it.
Adam: You want to know why you don't have it? It's nothing. :owned:
Jenny: Well,
Adam: If it was something you'd have it. Don't you think so?

60:03 - "No! Not alright!" call
Adam: ...just out out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? You drive a cab, right?
Dominic(with thick columbian accent and obviously pissed): I work with computers, Mr. ...construction worker!

Drops
64:00 - "No! Not alright!"

other shows with this guest
none

I don't know poo poo about making a wiki though but I think it would be extremely convenient if there was one. I would definitely be down for a couple carolla episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

quote:

Nice. Let us know when it's done. I think we should have catchphrases, in-jokes, personalities, etc. on there too.

We also need pages for inventions and words like cankles and the padded condom.

• Locked thread