Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE

TDJEmpire posted:

I live in Australia, and I'm currently listening to late 2005 with the end of Adam. He's been guessing people are Jewish and never getting it right. Now I don't think I know any Jews. In fact everything I know about Judaism comes from Seinfeld and The Nanny.

Does he really think those people are Jewish, or is he being ironic? Like, is that a Jewish stereotype?

Edit: Ironic. Many episodes involve Adam talking about the differences between cultures, religions, etc. Jews are assumed to be well-off financially with very tight-knit families so yeah...he's being very ironic when he guesses "Jew" wrongly for the 400th time :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007

Ernst posted:

I've never heard him do that before. So is he mocking the typical white trash caller by sarcastically suggesting they're Jewish?

Exactly. How you haven't heard him doing this is mysterious to me...have you listened to any episodes between 2002 and 2005? He drops that joke once or five times every other episode.

SoftBoiledLife posted:

Also, I'd love to hear about any calls to Loveline that goons have made during their lives.

I called in for the 2002-01-23 Unwritten Law episode @ 0:41:35 (Chris). That was probably as nervous as I've ever been. Imagine; you're sitting there listening to the episode through the phone, alone in the basement and maybe playing PS1, and then suddenly wham you're on national radio talking to the people you idolize. I can't even listen to that episode because I sound like such a spaz, but that's probably symptomatic of a bigger issue ;)

Azzmo fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 29, 2007

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007

drummer101 posted:

Page two and nobody has mentioned how big of a human being Stryker is!?

Isn't that kinda like page two of any given thread that nobody has mentioned how painful being stabbed must be? Some things go without saying.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
Oh the Michael Narren you GENIUS!

The Romeo and Drewliet flash is...funny.

Azzmo fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 29, 2007

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
Here are the episodes that I've "5-starred" in iTunes. Usually they get a rating solely because Adam was particularly funny that night:

Loveline-20011011 Save Ferris
Loveline-20050313-Goldfinger-Talkin-Mexican
Loveline-20050913
Loveline-20040823 Too Late For Breakfast
Loveline-20040923-Rich Eisen (Jax GOF)
Loveline-20041005 Bonnie Sommerville (New Dear Dear Friend)
Loveline-20041130 Dude Translator & Judging Dudes

• Locked thread