Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elb
Jul 23, 2007

"It is unusual," hissed Izlyr, "to celebrate such an event with the execution of a planetary ambassador."
This is weird. I used to catch bits of this show on the way home from work sometimes, and got so disgusted with it I eventually started just turning the radio off or changing the station when it was on.

It seemed like it was all about listening to people get made fun of, who were too stupid to realize that calling people whose job was to turn their personal problems into public entertainment might be a bad idea.

And now I discover the show's been on the air forever and has an enormous cult following.

Hmm.

Well, the Goon Hive Mind is rarely wrong. Perhaps I shall download a couple episodes and investigate.

The Man Who Wasn't There webcomic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elb
Jul 23, 2007

"It is unusual," hissed Izlyr, "to celebrate such an event with the execution of a planetary ambassador."

MaxxBot posted:

I remember him in all seriousness calling a 16 year old with a 13 year old boyfriend a "sexual predator" and basically saying "eww gross" and other homophobic poo poo when some caller was talking about their gay relationship. I also remember him spreading all sorts of misinformation about drugs, it reminded me of 5th grade DARE class or something.

Exactly -- that's the kind of thing I remember. I just started pulling the episodes Jubs listed from a big torrent, so we'll see. I don't remember the name Adam either -- just Dr. Drew.

The Man Who Wasn't There webcomic

• Locked thread