Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
I can understand why some folks don't like DAG but listening to the episode where he does his impression of him in bed with a woman ("Don't you look at me, don't look at me, zzzz"), I could not stop laughing.

Combined with the prescription medicine names ("Norethindrone! Put down that wiffle ball bat and get in the house!") he is by far my favorite guest star.

That winamp channel is great, but it's always full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007

Absolut Mike posted:

Adam's rants really make the show for me. On this topic, try listening to the 04-08-01 show.

Adam uses pretty simple questions in response the "Right to Lifer" guest that's on the show. He makes it clearly obvious that the woman, and her organization, are full of poo poo, especially their "data." It actually kind of pisses me off that Dr. Drew says almost nothing during their debates and kinda leaves it up to Adam. Adam obviously has no problem holding his own, but the guest doesn't really take him seriously. Dr. Drew, as a medical professional, holds so much more clout that I think she would have been forced to retract some of her statements, at least for the purposes of the show.

Drew is like that with so much in his life; you start to learn this as you listen for a number of years. Sometimes he seems a lot more concerned with how people perceive him than with actually standing up to them.

Also, on topic of Adam's rants, I find the rants about life in Southern California funny, but seeing as how I've never been to L.A. or Orange County, I don't think I can truly appreciate them. But I guess Southern California goons can support those statements (All cities in L.A. with nice names are actually dumps, Bakersfield is a MASSIVE dump, North Hollywood sucks, the police there write the most chicken poo poo tickets i.e. Burbank should change its name to RAPEBANK, never have the traffic signs on the highways EVER given any useful information, the L.A. Unified School District is a disaster, etc)

All that you speak is true. The one thing you didn't mention is the left turn red arrows. He constantly ranted about them on the show, and being a LA native myself, I of course took his advice to heart. Look around, are there any cops? No? Blow through that arrow. If I can make a turn using my judgment of incoming traffic, who's to say I need that red arrow to babysit me?

Drives home at 2am getting on and off the 405 were made alot quicker that way.

It's a good thing Adam ranted about them so much.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Oh god, I just remembered Pedif-isle. The place where he would send all the pedophiles.

And the motherfucking ATTACK CROWS.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Adam explaing Germany or Florida to a guest:

..You know, headlines such as "Man chops up his 4 year old for chum to catch hammerhead sharks" or "Man teaches German Shepherd to hail Hitler"

I laughed pretty hard.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
2005-08-07

No adam, but Ralph Garman from kroq's lovely morning show. While the show is quite unevenful, Ralph does a hilarious 10 minute interview as the Governator, talking about powersquatting, steroids, childrearing....i laughed pretty hard.

Also, Adam on airlines...always awesome.

Money Walrus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 11, 2007

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Oh jesus christ, i'm listining to the loving episode with Leon the Jackass.

This guy sounds as if he was born from the internet.

"Do you have a black belt in tai-kwon-do?"

"I'm polishing my brass knuckles right now"

It's almost hard to listen to this neckbeard talk to Adam, who was a boxing trainer for chrissake.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
2004 - 12 - 06 - Cathy Griffin

"Has a trailer...ever burnt down...because a menorah tipped over?"

Amazing.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
I remember there was a torrent of 50 gigs of loveline once upon a time, does this still exist somewhere?

Not sure if this falls under :filez: , please don't kill me.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Just saw the Hammer at the Laemmle in Santa Monica, I really enjoyed it. Not only me being a fan of the Ace man, but because it was a good, humorous, enjoyable movie. I'm gonna recommend it my LA friends, in hopes that it gets a wide release.

Adam was goofy as poo poo in the movie, but it really helped with the story. The female lead was a bit.....off to look at, but it felt genuine, had just the right amount of rants for me (loving Tar Pits), and I appreciated all the Los Angles / construction humor. (toggle bolt :argh: ). The whole thing felt heartfelt, and to fans of Carolla who know his history / personality, not far off. You guys who are lucky enough to have it playing in your cities should go see it /tell your friends in those cities to see it.

You know, I couldn't help but think about what he said over the air on his last episode about him not knowing how to respond to all the nice mail and the stories from people who he had helped over the years when I watched the movie. I guess I came into it with a bias, but knowing how Carolla feels about himself and his story really made the movie much more for me.

And MajorMajor, I am so jealous of you right now. I wish I was listening to that show that morning, I live in LA! Gah.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Can't leave out hobo power, either.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Heard one today where he was talking about a "Carolla move" where he's taking a dump and peeing at the same time, and his dick isn't quite dangling right, so the piss goes in between the toilet seat and the bowl, hugs the side of the bowl, and dribbles into his pants. He calls it a "silent killer" because you can't hear anything and by the time you notice it's too late, so he suggests some sort of catch at the front of the bowl that prevents piss from dribbling into your pants. I believe this episode was 9/13 or 9/14 in 2001, just a few days after the attacks.

I would buy this so fast you have no idea.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007

Absolut Mike posted:

God that's right too. Totally forgot about those two.

They really needed one more:

"But you can't judge, Drew! You can't judge!"

"Slippery slope" shoulda been thrown in there too.

I know I've heard the virtual adam / DAG breakup shows on the random loveline internet radio station, I just need to get some free time to set up that 50gig torrent so I can go to town on my mp3 player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007

Econosaurus posted:

Is there some goon torrent of all the episodes? I just discovered the thread

Seconding this request, there used to be a huge fuckin 50 gig torrent, does it still exist?

Also: What I say? What I say? I got feeling for you! Can I prolapse your anus?

• Locked thread