Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I'm pretty new to loveline - only listened too most of 2002 so far, but so far probably the best band I have heard come on the show is Def Leppard - so not all English rock bands are terrible. I think it's a July 02 episode.

The guests are usually a pain in the rear end to be honest. So many times you KNOW Adam and Drew are desperate to tell a guest that she/he is just talking a lot of poo poo - but they so rarely do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

gabrielx posted:

I think Adam is pretty funny, but I find him really abrasive and he doesn't really get to the callers very often, which I see as the entire point of the show. Mike is also really sincere sounding and brings a pretty positive spin to the show.

Answering the callers repetitive questions all night is extremely boring though - see any Drew solo episode where he must try to get through 15 callers a segment.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
They completely misrepresent Adams position on gay parents. He has only said it about two dozen times over the years.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

IceLicker posted:

Emphasis added.

Bought Adam's new book, looking forward to reading it. Even though I heard most of the content of "In 50 years..." it was still a good read and pretty funny and I expect most of the same from "Not Taco Bell Material."

Yeh I am about a third of the way through it and yes quite alot of it is stuff devoted fans have already heard. But the delivery is still good.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Did miss mama Pinsky put her lil pinky in Dr Drews lil dumper?!

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Im not sure if it was posted in this thread, but just incase it wasn't - go grab the loveline drops iphone app and you too can pretend to be Anderson.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/loveline-drops/id419274782?mt=8

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
That's why you make the big bucks.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

vote_no posted:

Awesome to finally see it. My favorite part is still the PSA that comes on. "You don't remember when it got out of hand, but you know there's a problem. The bad news is you might be an alcoholic."

I liked hearing the famous airplane turbulence psa.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Hey can anyone link me an old loveline clip - I'm a bit hazy on the details but it's basically DAG doing DAG stuff whilst either Drew or Bruce tries to tell a guy walks into a bar joke.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Since this thread is getting some love at the moment - does anyone know of or have a link to a clip where Drew tries to tell a man walks into a bar joke. I know DAG is there, not sure about Adam.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I don't listen to it all that often but yeh I'd agree Adam is mean as hell to Drew. It's odd that a guy as busy as Drew still makes time in his week to be browbeaten by Adam for an hour.

Also Adam was better when he had producer Anne in his ear telling him to wrap up the rant and get to the calls.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

CatchrNdRy posted:

He'd be ecstatic. I don't think he'd care at all about his lost "integrity".

I assume he makes in the 8 figures now, is completely free of rules in his podcast (he plays by his own rules!). The more educated and technically more successful (in all facets of life) Drew STILL depends on Adam at some weird level.

Would he trade all that in because he once had a nearly transcendental level of amazing banter with some abused 14 year old girl from the Midwest? Just for his loser fanbase? "KISS MY rear end", he'd tell us, from 1995 to now.

How'd you figure he is making that sort of coin? He has his podcasts that I doubt bring in a great sum of money, contractor which might be worth 500k to 1 mill a season(???), and his books. Feels like it would be well short of 8 figures to me.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSDC3cHoZs

Love that intro.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Drew was replaceable. Dr Spaz episodes are great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Does anyone know episodes where I can find a good example of Adam quizzing girls about WW2? The one I keep finding on youtube isn't the funniest one I can remember hearing.

• Locked thread