Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Hey! Hoping someone can help me out. I am a die hard Adam + Drew era LoveLine fan, and I'm looking for some links to a series of shows that occurred after Adam left the show. I remember hearing them for the first time maybe 5 years ago or so, Adam came back to guest host with Drew for a week. I would really appreciate those.

The main reason I'm so interested in them is because they talked (a little bit) about why Adam left, and I remember it being partially about Drew not having Adam's back in a raise/salary dispute. If anyone just has any more info in general about Adam leaving that goes beyond what he talks about in his last proper LoveLine episode, or knows of other podcasts he's talked about it on, I would be super grateful.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I would love to know what you're talking about! Please post a link if possible.

And again if anyone has more detail or knows where I can get more detail about Adam leaving lovline I would love it

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

There's nothing real complicated or dirty about Adam leaving. Their contracts were up for renewal and they were low balling either Adam, or both he and Drew. Trying to hold out, Adam asked Drew not to sign in hopes they could strong arm Westwood None into giving them better deals. Instead of waiting, Drew signed and Adam had no options.

Around that time, Stern was headed to Sirius and they needed a replacement in the LA market. Adam, feeling I guess betrayed by Drew and not having a good a deal as Drew, chose to jump to morning radio. He seems over it for the most part now, but I think he held a grudge for a good while.

As far as the meltdown, Anderson made a comment about Bryan being a kiss rear end to Adam (which he is), and Adam didn't like it, so he turned about a half hour of Loveline into a pissing match with Anderson to the point that the guest--Dagaroni baby, whoo--walked out. Adam ultimately looked like a jackass.

I guess what I'm asking is where did you get this info etc I want to listen to these episodes

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
So does everyone here listen to the Adam and drew podcast?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Can anyone find me drews first appearance on Adams podcast

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Scudworth posted:

Episode #2
https://archive.org/details/2009.02.24acp-Pinsky

You keep asking for things in this thread that are readily available through Google searching.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm trying to find an episode where Adam confronts Drew about why he signed his Loveline contract early/didn't back Adam up. It's not that episode, but I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Zahgaegun posted:

Loveline podcast, episode #527, Oct 06, 1997 is *really* good.

Goofy first few minutes, which culminates in Drew laughing hard enough to cut his own mike.
Adam gets a testimonial to his advice over jacuzzi enemas, which suitable horrifies Drew.
Adam recounts wetting the bed and laments that he'll never get a girlfriend after that pair of stories.
Drew gets paged on the air.
They read a fax asking for the story about when Adam built a closet in the wrong house
Snoring caller.

Very good show, check it out.

How'd you listen to this? It's not on phils love line archive

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
That's awesome dude congrats i have listened to an ep or so a day for at least a decade I should go in order.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Drew is not really a great guy.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I think there are a bunch of people out there that'd
Do the same thing if they'd have the same
Opportunities with the same paycheck. Drew is a paper chaser and so is Adam. I've become more and more disenchanted with them as I get older. I think they both just wanted to be celebrities as they became more and more celebrities.

Adam says a lot of harmful poo poo to women and abuse/rape victims on calls and drew very rarely if ever disagrees, or steps in and says "hey shut the gently caress up, moron." Most of the time it was just silence and it would have been nice if drew, especially with a daughter, had been more of a spokesperson or role model and stood up to Adam's harmful idiocy a little more.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to, and will only listen to, classic loveline all the time. I think adam and drews Dynamic is amazing and something neither has been able to duplicate since with anyone else (and that's why I never really enjoyed loveline without Adam or Adam on any other podcast or radio). I feel like they keep each other in check. But Adam would victim blame/Shame and so other lovely things sometimes and drew never really checks him on that poo poo and its lovely.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I really don't see what the big deal is he has like a 10 second Intro that sets the table and them stays out of the way.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

That's what it should be. Instead it's anywhere from 5-15 minutes of needless details on the content of the episode you're about to listen to.

This is just not correct but sure ok.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
You should post that last paragraph somewhere to Adam and drew or something. Well said.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
What time and what station in la?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Anyone got a link I can dl

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
That show will never be good because they are only taking calls from the choir.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Don't you understand the show will never be the same because now only fans can call in? The funny came from the open masses.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Adam has literally only ever cared about money and improving his station in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
What makes you think Adam was ever "leftist," whatever that means to you.

• Locked thread