Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Daryl DBD posted:

Turn on your PMs, I have a good place. That goes for anybody else, just PM me.

dunno if you're still doin' this, but if you are

WEH fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Daryl DBD posted:

Check your e-mail!

thanks!

Jubs posted:

I don't understand this...I could have sworn the hint in the OP was good enough.

probably the only one who didn't get it, I'm sure it's a fine hint

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

this makes me wish my city still got loveline, the episodes right after adam left with just drew and anderson occasionally chiming in were pretty sweet.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

they're yammering about it at mahalo or whatever the fansite for him is. says he's gonna be one of the guest hosts

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I would be very surprised if adam didn't saunter back in for good the day his contract expires

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

UltraRed posted:

I would be very very VERY surprised if he did do that. Unless they agreed to pay him a boat load of money.

he's always gone on and on about it being the easiest job in existence, and there isn't a second radio show that will pay better now. even if it's a fraction of what he was pulling in from TACS it'd be unlike him not to accept if they offer.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

How long has the PSA stream had GTA:SA radio ads on it? I just heard an ad for "logger beer" and am listening to an ad for "my five uncles".

could I have lupus? std's for 21st birthday? these rule

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Just About Done posted:

Sorry, should have been more specific. All I have at the moment is my iPod Touch so I'm looking for another stream that will work on it. The KROQ one is fine when it works but it cuts to PSAs half the time, even while the show is going.

98KUPD works aok on wunderradio.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

"where's striker?"
"striker is gay and got fired"

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

if you dudes aren't listening to this on 98 KUPD you're missin' out on some great PSAs

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

haha what in the gently caress

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

haha bruce telling it like it is and then pussing out

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

yeah I dunno I usually side with anderson when it comes to adam but taking your personal vendetta out over national radio using a guy with inoperable cancer as leverage is in pretty horrible taste

adam should have called him horrible and moved on

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Bamm Bamm posted:

What's funny about a lot of the complaining that seems to be coming up is that people get mad at him for stuff he has done ALL ALONG. His blissful ignorance of technology, his unwillingness to learn/adapt to new things, his political and social opinions (as uninformed as some seem to think they are). He has been espousing the same things (to varying degrees, especially post-9/11 and around the Iraq War) since the mid-90's.

I'm absolutely certain that his views of homosexuals and torture have taken a 180 and I'm sure those aren't the only things he's conveniently changed his mind about

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Bamm Bamm posted:

Honest question, how have they changed? I thought he had pretty right wing views on torture during the Loveline era (post-9/11 at least).

there was a pre-2000 episode in which he went on a huge angry rant about how much better the US was than the Japanese or Nazis or what have you in WWII because "we" never tortured anybody. how "we" didn't pull that kind of crap. compare that to today where anyone who is against waterboarding is a gigantic bleeding heart liberal pussy who should be brought out back and shot, the traitor.

as far as homosexuals go I could have sworn that he would frequently state that they'd be better parents (among other positive things) and today he wants them to stay the hell away from his kids.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

haha I mean thanks for the wall of words but he wasn't speaking in specifics, just torture in general.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

rally9x posted:

Yes. I am very sick of the fact this is the third out of like twelve GBS thread I've been in the last month where someone said something as stupid as this. Yes, the American left is correct about everything and have never been wrong.

I dunno I'd say that the left is right about more things, not 100% for sure but

quote:

You are 1000 times worse than Adam ever will be and should really just gently caress off. At least he comes to most of his opinions on his own and at least attempts to explain them other than "I do what the American Democratic Party tells me to do".

Well, no. Adam has an audience and is essentially a child in most of his views because he has no education. He is far more capable of doing damage than some dude on loving something awful; the fact that he managed to pull a few idiotic opinions together all by his lonesome is highly irrelevant. a strawman ends your paragraph. fantastic

quote:

People that say he should stop talking about politics should shut the gently caress up too. You are only reinforcing the belief that the left is a bunch of whiny pussies. It offends you so much that someone might disagree with you on something?
Yeah bro he's offended because someone's disagreeing with him, not that some uneducated retard is spewing poo poo that actually hurts society. Let him keep spewing his backward troglodyte opinions, it's not like he has an audience. :smug:

quote:

bunch of misguided poo poo about healthcare
Hey yeah we get bunches of nobel prizes and do a lot of research but gently caress you if you're poor and have no health insurance.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

NeverRamza posted:

Isn't the for-profit nature what drives new development?

There's just as much money in finding new drugs and treatments under government provided healthcare as there is under private. They'll get paid well for their research regardless.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

rally9x posted:

Really, what the gently caress are you doing in this thread if you hate the guy so much?

There is no way a person could actually appease you guys. Attack Adam because he doesn't have enough education, and Drew because he has a lot and should know better.

I listen to and enjoy the old loveline shows, back when his more damning opinions were either unformed, muted or unspoken for whatever reason.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Riptor posted:

that's awesome; you're brilliant; good times

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Magnificent Quiver posted:

What the gently caress makes you think people want to read this in this thread
Yeah how dare he call out the former host of the show this thread is about. Totally off-topic.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The fact that he's a bit over-zealous about pointing it out doesn't invalidate the fact that conservatives are currently the go-to side of politics if you're morally bankrupt and/or willfully ignorant. For example if you are any of these (generally all but there's always some cognitive dissonance),
Pro-torture
Pro-Capital Punishment
Anti-womens choice
Anti-same-sex marriage/homosexuality
Pro-War
Anti-UHC or
Anti-welfare/BOOTSTRAPS
I would hazard to guess that you're probably a conservative! Any one of these views individually is already pretty bad, but once you stick them all together into a big loving ball of hate, as most conservatives are happy to do, I begin to question the intelligence of anyone that would try to say that neither side is objectively in the right. There is a time and place for the "grey area" argument but I regret to inform you that this is neither!

Is there some cross-pollination? Absolutely. Does the left harbor equally abhorrent views? Yessir, however they are insignificant in number to the hateful and backwards views of the right. That isn't to say that the left is excused for the lovely views they have, or that those views are any less wrong, mind you.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Sorry to disturb the thread in an to attempt to clear up some notions that hurt a lot of people guys!

WEH fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 13, 2009

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

XBurritoXLogicX posted:

Whew, you shook those loving reds to the bone man. Thanks for being alive to make them see the error of their ways. I want you to gently caress the nearest thing with a vagina in an attempt to spawn more enlightened crusaders for truth.

Heh, who needs ripostes? I've got an awkward and ultimately confusing insult for just the occasion!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The derail's been over for at least a page, homeslice.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Phone posted:

He put her up for basically a year. Got her an apartment/condo, car, etc for the break year.
that is depraved as gently caress

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

i dont get jokes

WEH fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 17, 2010

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

'I'm a comedian!'
'Wow that's really cool what's your best act?'
'Racist.'

YEAH BUT STILL

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Pzykotic posted:

I think everyone should idle in the IRC channel and discuss whatever hilarious things are on the stream!

If it's not on the same or previous page you should post the info (#loveline on irc.synirc.net).

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I couldn't even make it through the first episode of the Adam and Drew podcast, jesus christ. On the other hand, I'm liking Drew's solo podcast, probably because it's a literally the Dr. Drew show. Crossing my fingers for Dr. Spaz as a guest!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

It's hilarious how uncomfortable and/or unwilling Drew was in the Riki era when it came to off-color stuff. Riki and Adam were making sexual jokes about Disney characters or something in one episode and Drew was freaking the gently caress out.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I was cool with it until the latest one. It was just a quick bit of trivia and then onto business, but in this latest one he did a synopsis and brought up his favorite jokes. It's horrible. Just throw it in the show notes, dude.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

What's it like to be out of your goddamned gourd, gio (or should I say "gio-lactus")??

ps did you seriously refer to yourself as "gio-lactus" because lol

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Oh, that's precious. Was anyone else beyond you and that other guy needling him? I can't wrap my head around someone making their profile private after a grand total of two jokes at their expense.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Just in case anyone had lingering doubts of narcissistic personality disorder, I guess. Thanks for clearing that up, gio.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

He feels persecuted and narcissists hate feeling persecuted, so he's flipping his poo poo because people will reaffirm that they don't hate him. Giovanni literally is incapable of working through those kinds of feelings by himself, so he has to do this kind of thing to regulate his emotions.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

CaptainViolence posted:

I wonder what he'd score on that narcissism questionnaire that Adam always yelled at Drew for giving to the guests right when they were coming back from break. I bet he would score "total nutbar," because holy poo poo. I used to think he just took himself and Loveline a little too seriously but now he seems genuinely mentally unbalanced.

What set all this off? Just complaints about his intros or whatever on iTunes?

Two people said a thing at him on twitter (one of which only seems to have made a single passing remark to giovanni and has nothing to do with anything), and he took a screenshot of the review I left on iTunes in the next page of that thread. As far as I know, mine is the only negative review on the site.

He is projecting really severely, especially evident on the next page where he literally claims a tweet he made was in fact made by the loveline stream guy.

I don't think he has any real away on the podcast one effort, seeing as he wasn't involved with it until recently, so I imagine he's feeling inadequate on top of everything else (another thing narcissists cannot stand).

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Looking at the dates, I'm amused that the entire review meltdown seems to have started the same day I posted my negative review, unless I'm missing something. I presume (and hope) that there were other less than polite bad reviews around before that ended up being deleted, and that's what made him snap.

WEH fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 26, 2013

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Jubs posted:

"The funniest part, the Real TV's frank, Frank Coniff, T's pal, follows me on twitter, keep sniffing little boy."

:psyduck: What does this have to do with anything? I kind of want to tell Frank to stop following him.

I think my review name is TV's Frank or something like that on itunes, and he appears to have cropped out that distinctly relevant bit of information. "T's pal" is beyond me, however, as is "keep sniffing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Brekelefuw posted:

If this was Adam-era, they would have hung up the phone on her 30 seconds in.

You could tell that Drew was frustrated with her.
I was pissed at Drew more than anything. The poor woman clearly had (absolutely understandable) cognitive issues and couldn't track at all, and then Drew kept pushing her way too far to the point that she cried. It felt like he was using her to make some stupid point, but lacked the finesse to pull it off so it just came off as awkward and distasteful. He probably should've just said something like “yeah celebrities can be blowhards but there are scenarios where you should just let it slide because holy poo poo did you hear what this person went through?” at the start of a show and left it at that.

• Locked thread