Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I tried looking up info on it a while back too, I couldn't find any actual research or experiments or anything done on the subject. Really the most official observations on the subject seem to be from Dr Drew on loveline itself. I hope someone here can correct me and post some actual data on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
5-15 minutes is definitely an exaggeration, but they can be 1-2 minutes long, and often will spoil all the good calls of the episode. Some of the fun of listening to the episodes is not knowing exactly what will be coming up, and when it's all laid out at the very start it kind of kills that.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

CatchrNdRy posted:

So...how was the finale?

I'm listening to a random no guest from 2001, is it better than that?

Ehhhhhhh

Depends what you mean by “better”. Funnier? The 2001 episode probably has it by a mile. The last episode didn’t really answer any calls or anything, was just talking about the show and its history and reminiscing about some of the funnier moments. It wasn’t particularly funny on its own, but it was somewhat sentimental and nice to listen to.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Jubs posted:

Some episodes of Loveline on MTV have finally surfaced. Just think, there's hundreds and hundreds of hours of unseen Carolla-era Loveline still out there waiting to be discovered.

Edit: It would be wise to create back-ups of these before Gio gets them taken down.

The fact that they ask the audience for answers is hilarious, because you can always see Adam and Drew immediately trying to backpedal the horrible advice given to the callers.

My favorite is a girl called in to ask about a creepy guy who wants to be her sugar daddy, and she wants to know if she can take the money and then not sleep with him. Audience advice? GO FOR IT, IF GUYS ARE WILLING TO GIVE MONEY YOU SHOULD TAKE IT, I DO IT ALL THE TIME. It's like when guests give bad advice, but somehow even worse.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 13, 2016

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

hiddenmovement posted:

It was such a shame that they didn't look out for that nuclear armament truck on their way home from the studio that night back in 2006. They are sorely missed.

They should have looked out for breaklights on the 405.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Riptor posted:

which is the one where anderson plays the super drawn out "yyyyoooooooooooouuuuuuu'rrrrre gggggggaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy" drop? i think it kills drew

I really want someone to post this too, it's one of my favorite loveline moments.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I really wish we could have heard some of them, especially on the shows where you can tell they just hate the guest or the guest's answers / advice. It'd be great to hear them talk poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The one thing that the human body isn't built for... :smith:

• Locked thread