Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Tainen posted:

I have this memory of a show I heard when I was little but I cant find an references to it anywhere. There was a guy who called in and was talking about how he had sex with his dog. They kept him on the phone and the rest of the show people called up and yelled at him for being sick. Anyone know if this show is on the archive?

That would be James from some point in 1999, one of the more infamous calls that got referenced back to many times at later dates. It took a shitload of digging to find this one. It was actually an interesting show in the end, too. One of the things to note is Producer Ann getting on the line and yelling at him, ignoring everything that he'd talked of to that point.

RapidShared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Bender posted:

I'd still like to know why that guy said there was bad blood between the two. They always talked about how much they liked each other. It make me sad for some reason to think they might be feuding about something.
There is no overt bad blood other than Adam thinking Drew is a complete and total puss (which he really is) and Drew thinking Adam's show sucks (which it really does :shobon: ) and that he's not as dedicated a father as he could and should be, seeing as how he spends practically all his time away from his family. Could be worse, all things considered.

Quick request for information: Anyone remember which episode it was where the entire first 30 or so minutes was a single long story Adam (and Drew, but mostly Adam) had about the previous night's drive home, complete with an on-ramp backup and the harrowing escape from it over a female traffic officer's bullhorning otherwise (SILVER TAURUS DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MAKE A HOOOOOOOLE)?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

spl00zer posted:

Adam + Dr. Drew on Loveline was the best thing in radio history and I'm glad I have almost all the 2000+ episodes archived!
:aaa: Now that's quite the impressive collection. If that all your own compilation?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

EnsGDT posted:

I know you guys like lightning rounds...well, this one's amazing.

And, it's in REVERB!

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202003-01-09.mp3

Yeah, that's one of my favorite ones. I think I posted that in one of the Loveline threads, it was so good.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

TylerDurden posted:

Not mine, just Googled it.
Hahahaha, I had no idea that was a Goon. That's almost the perfect Loveline call; the perfect one if it's a dude. VERY great stuff.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Google Ron Paul posted:

Does anyone know the context for the "human being better run" Drew drop?

I still think the best out-of-context drop of all time was Dr. Bruce's 'I've had anal sex and I've passed out a couple of times.' I'm also curious what the context was to Drew's 'human being better run' was.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Ultimos posted:

Everyone needs to listen to this, it's the December 12th 12:00pm show. Adam is on with Drew for basically the entire hour and they talk about how much they hate the seventies. Also, not only is it strange enough for Adam to ever call in sick, he brushes it off and says he feels better when Drew asks him about it, even though it's only a few hours later.
That was absolutely amazing. I've missed having new Adam and Drew shows so badly.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

RandolphCarter posted:

Anyone know the shows with Miriam calling in? I remember hearing those being crushed because of what was going on with that girl. And I was loving pissed when I found out it was bogus.
You can easily recognize her by voice after you know. Some of the episodes in March and April of '03 had her.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Dr. Dos posted:

It really got me in the mood for Christmas. It also features Adam ranting about why it should be acceptable to give cash as a gift, instead of going around and giving out gift cards that will just expire and only work in certain places.

A great sidebar to that, apparently someone in the California state legislature was listening to Adam rant about his $1000 gift card that he was left with a $2 balance on, to which he made the store personnel run around and find some shoelaces to match the exact balance he had remaining on the card because they wouldn't let him just have the $2 in cash for what he had on the card.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/16/BUNNTU1VN.DTL

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Maarak posted:

I guess this is a derail, but things like this are going to be a major boone to future historians. All too often we rely on second or third hand sources telling us how it "really was" back in the day, and even less data exists about the average person. Even with readily available primary sources, some are already working hard to twist recent history like the vietnam war. Fifty years from now, I can barely imagine how 9/11 and the war on terror will be viewed, but at least people who didn't live during the events will be able to hear what Adam and Drew thought that night.
The most interesting part of history recorded on Loveline has to be the run-up to the Iraq war, wherein a female caller whose family was from Iraq called in and gave her thoughts on it. She said that everyone hated Saddam; her own family had uncles who had been killed under his regime. She then followed it up stating that, in spite of that, it wasn't Bush's place to police the world and to tell other people how to run things.

Oh, how insane that sounded at the time.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Bender posted:

I'm listening to a show from Sept. 13, 2001 with New Found Glory as the guest.

Imagine the stupid Loveline callers trying to talk politics, and stack on a stupid band trying to explain their viewpoints. It's hard to sit through.

"Um... like... um I'm like... um... Arabian... um and like um... I um like... um don't think... like um that... um... people... um should be um like um angry at like... I mean... um... it was um a um... tragedy... and um like I'm like... um Arabian... um and like... everytime... um like um I turn the TV... um... like.. um... on I see... um... Arabianics... being... um... killed... um... and... like... um... you... um.. shouldn't."
That caller pissed me off because I picked up on her saying 'Arabian', which is a term that has shown disuse as the alternatives of 'Saudi' and 'Arab' are far more precise in indicating either nationality or race. Retard.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

ace_beef posted:

Speaking of Bruce.

2000-08-01 - Chris Malloy + Kelly Slater + Dr. Bruce.

This is the one where Dr. Bruce says his famous drop "ive had anal sex a couple of times and passed out" it is near the end of the show.

I think Dr. Bruce likes to annoy Adam, because Adam always makes fun of Bruce / Drew. Doesnt Adam mention a few times that they play basketball together, so i guess they are friends off the air as well.

Yeah, there was a week there where Drew was gone and Bruce, apparently, ended up spending most of the days doing stuff with Adam or sleeping at his pad. It was kinda funny to hear them talk about it on the air, because it made them sound like really great buds. :unsmith:

I don't care what anyone says; I absolutely love Bruce on the air. He DOES do terrible radio, and he so often walks into humiliating himself long-term. See: "I've had anal sex and passed out a couple of times" and his hilariously slurry "If this is true, you're going to go to jail, buddy." He's really just a great source of drops.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Un-mode posted:

Duuuuuuude, I remember Mary Carey called into loveline on the 2003-07-27 show when Me First and the Gimme Gimmes were the guest, and talked about her grandma and stuff. She sounded batshit insane, do either of them mention her loveline call?

Downloading it now, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Yep, I remember that. Didn't she use her grandmother in her wheelchair as a prop at the adult video awards?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

bigbowlowrong posted:

'Why you buying so many condoms Don Juan? Wait a minute... I know you... you PINSKY boy! Wait until your father hears about this!'
Whashoo do wit' all dem connum?! You sell to frens?!

...Uh, no. I--I'm horny.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Saerdna posted:

Thanks! He ripped into them pretty good. I guess he's not planning on coming back in the near future.

He shits all over Drew pretty regularly yet cross over to the other's show really frequently. Besides, I somehow doubt that everyone at Loveline cares much about listening in to the morning show.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Malachi Constant posted:

I think she was busted on a series of calls about living with a step-father who was currently sexually abusing her. One of them was a show when some cops were guests, but I don't remember the date.
It was supposedly her grandfather, but spot-on. It was one of the Sober Graduation guest spots for the two LAPD guys.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Shiggen posted:

Westwood done
I believe that's supposed to be 'Westwood None', a disparaging play on the name Westwood One. See also: Westwood Two.

edit: Oh, quick request: Can anyone recall the date when Anderson randomly jumped into playing back this commercial Adam did where he was very emphatically plugging some Mountain Dew discounted entrance to an amusement part, I think Six Flags?

Alexandr fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 11, 2008

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Oh, Jesus. On a quality hunch, I listened to 10-18 of 2001 after the other 2, and it was ALSO an excellent one. The call where Adam made up vagitarian and then called Jimmy about it, and then the airhead who kept asking Adam and Drew random questions, and then came up with the drop, "It's just that you guys SEEM like teenagers, but your voices are like old."

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Loveline has officially ruined me. I have now told someone, during customer service call, that their smoke detector needs its battery changed.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

This is one of the more amazing pieces I've heard.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

ANGRY VIRGIN GAMER posted:

Wasn't there an almost identical caller once, where she was 18 or so and was dating a 40 year old guy who met her in a parking lot?

Brian Posehn and Patton Oswalt on 2001-06-14. JUST finished listening to it, completely coincidentally.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Token Female posted:

I was listening to the 9-1-03 with Seth Green on it. They played a drop of "I'm 5'12", not quite 6'." Does anyone know which episode this is from?

A previous Seth Green episode, check the wiki for the specific one, but that's a good start!

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
I'm telling you guys, the 5'12, almost 6' caller was during a Seth Green episode, POSSIBLY one where it was only him and Adam, with Drew missing. And the annoying laugh girl, who also gave the 'You want a blowjob or do you want a girlfriend?' line was Caprice. I think.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Absolut Mike posted:

Wasn't the Seth Green episode about the height of a door frame that Adam was berating a (female) caller for not even being able to make a reasonable estimate of?

Aha, that's why I was so absolute in my belief of that. It's because they used that drop DURING said doorframe call. Good show, now back to the search for the source of the drop with ONE possibility out of the way!

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Graham Wellington posted:

I remember listening to an old Amber Benson show and heard that cruel laugh from her, and I think Adam and Drew sorta got confused on the history there.

Amber Benson's laugh was that of a crazy, energetic, virginal young 20-something. Seriously, she was nutty but in a fun way!

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Ramzi posted:

Anyone ever listen to Loveline - 2002-06-04 (Guest - vampiresses Gentry & Dida)?

That was crazy, but I can't seem to find anything on those guests online.

Yeah, it's one of the more popular ones that've been discussed in these threads due to the flakiness of them.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Kickus posted:

Not as annoying as being stuck listening to three Larry Miller segments in a row.
WHAT?! I love the Larry Miller bits! He actually gets the show and has a lot of fun doing it, and generally has interesting stories, like when he was hauling around a shitload of his books that were going to be mulched. Plus, that stupid Old Roman Republic music that they use for the bits he does with Adam.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Snap Your Fingers posted:

Please tell me you're joking. His stories go loving nowhere and very slowly at that. And every time they start the "segment" he makes a joke about that drat music. It's not any funnier than other music - particularly Gay Walking (which is hilarious)
I disagree, and I like Larry Miller and his frequent presence on TACS.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Baser Instinct posted:

On TACS this morning, Adam talks about his departure from Loveline. He had a payment dispute where KROQ cut his Salaray by 1/3 and continued paying Dr. Drew the same. It seemed like it was probably the reason he left the show. He devotes his entire 3rd segment of How Say You to it and I suggest anyone who is interested listen to it.

He actually said that they cut it to just below a third of what it had been. Which is just ridiculous no matter the circumstance.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Okay, after listening to the whole behind-the-scenes-at-Loveline bit on TACS, this is absolutely hysterical just how crazy the entire situation was. Between the Drew absenteeism and the Katrina relief thing and the contract signing after he just wanted to know beforehand, absolutely crazy. And yet, Adam ISN'T somehow trying to have Drew killed in spite of it all. Pretty amazing stuff, shows what Adam's made out of, in spite of the fact that he's a dick to a lot of people on the air.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Speaking of TACS, I've been blowing through the recent poo poo left and right while playing WoW. Anyone know if someone put an archive up of full episodes, or of all the segments of each day as they're posted on the freefm Podcast section? It's rather incomplete and loses its notations of which day a particular segment falls on after a few weeks back, which is upsetting. Unless there's a huge archive on there that I'm missing.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Dr. Who posted:

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=7519

It's the TACS message board, just sign up for free.

Ah, right. I think I remember asking this exact same thing before and getting the exact same link and then forgetting to actually register. Most appreciated for reminding, I'm actually going about doing that this time.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Dr. Who posted:

this link is to the thread with all the years shows so far

Rockin', absolutely perfect. Again with my thanks.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Wow, first I'd heard Isaac Hayes died was in this thread. Pretty great news for the world, one less Scientologist. And it happens to have given the best excuse to use the Isaac drops on TACS. Good times!

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Nemo posted:

Chris left the show of his own accord to go work at a hospital or something.

Michelle left Loveline to engineer for TACS, but since she's not around now I assume she was let go.

She was the original engineer on TACS and was let go for not being up to snuff supposedly. I miss her, too, as I liked her on Loveline.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Alright, to everybody who hates TACS, just listen through 2008-01-30, Adam deals with a news story called, "Are CraigsList Hookers Safe Anymore?" It's probably the funniest drat bit I've ever heard in my life. A few days later, he does a huge bit about a woman named China who, during a blackout phase after drinking a quart of high-proof rum in 90 minutes, microwaved her 1-month-old baby to death. Similarly amazing.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
01/31 of this year's TACS. EVERYONE needs to listen to this one. Punch in at about 1:45. First is Gay Disney Radio, then it kicks in to the loving woman named China. Absolutely loving hysterical.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

LetsDeauxThis posted:

Haha there are a lot of jews in America, where the show is recorded. The concept that a jew might call is not mind blowing.

After years of experience on the show, they realized that a lot of the crappiness in the callers' lives is due to their upbringing, and that Jews and Asians TYPICALLY have extremely stable and strong families that preclude them from such terrible lives.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

MajorMajor posted:

Hmmm, you're right. As recently as a few months ago that page had episodes going back to early 2006.
Oh, who cares. He should use the malaho.30.forumer.com archive, that's complete for this past year. And, let's face it, the show didn't exist before 01/02/08.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
For anyone wanting yet another exceptionally amazing TACS show to listen to, do 03-06 of this year. It has Dana Gould on and they talk about Huell Howser and it just goes on and on and is amazing for the entirety. Punch in at about 2:17 in and go from there to the end. It also has Joel McHale on it, so the entire thing is worth listening to.

Alexandr fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 5, 2008

• Locked thread