Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I've been addicted to this show for the past week. I watched the TV show casually when it was on, but never had access to the radio show. I've been going through and just listening to random no guest shows, as that definitely has my favorite dynamic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Hormones posted:

Go Down Gamblin' was just on the radio and I thought of you guys!
"It's an important song about gambling, Drew!"

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I've been listening to a lot of this show lately (essentially just starting at random in 2002 and listening sequentially from there on), and sometimes I can't believe how many of the same questions they get every night, sometimes all night. At least twice a show there's a "I can't have an orgasm" girl, or the "why am I slutty? ps I was molested" girl. Most times they even say "I love your show, I listen all the time" and then they proceed to ask the same question that gets asked every single night. I finally just heard Adam mention that, after a prostitute called. She asked why she does what she does and is so disconnected from sex. After about a minute of talking, she finally comes out with the fact that her uncle had sex with her from 5 until 9. Adam just says "...so you listen to the show every night, and we're the ones that have to tell you this? Do you people absorb ANY information that we give out?" They really do have some of the stupidest callers in all of radio.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Also, one of my favorite Adam "windbreaker" lines:

A woman is calling up saying she has no maternal instinct/attachment to her two year old daughter.

Caller: I dunno, I just don't feel anything toward her. I mean, I don't beat or abuse her or nothin'...

Adam: Oh, that's big of you, we'll send you out a windbreaker.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 4, 2010

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Come on, let's break it down - get a hand in. Hey, that helmet? Not a chair. Grab a knee gentlemen - ha ha, and I use that term loosely.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Just how many incarnations of the Adam Carolla Podcast are there now? I know there's the regular mp3 one, then he's got some subscriber-based Ustream video one, then the AOL thing, and doesn't he also have something on SiriusXM? Is it all the same show just in different locations?

That said, I enjoy his podcast when it's him and guest (such at the Kevin Smith show). But I absolutely cant stand the morning zoo poo poo with the sound effects and the broad co-host. Makes it unlistenable to me.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

The April 7th, 2004 episode with Dave Attell is so great. There's this quick little segment toward the end where they riff on conspiring with crime scene/airport drug dogs to commit crimes, it's hilarious.

There's also another part, I can't remember the exact conversation, but at one point Adam asks everyone if they're in with him on an idea:

Adam: ...Are you guys with me? Dave?
Dave: Absolutely.
Adam: Drew?
Drew: Whatever.
Adam: (Engineer) Chris? - No, I meant go get me a coffee.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

RitualConfuser posted:

Anyone remember what episode this is from:

A guy calls in, he was maybe 13, and he wanted some advice about asking out a girl that he knew from church or something. Adam decides to do a mock call where Adam plays the girl and the caller is supposed to ask her out. Adam does his fake girl voice and also plays the girl's father who interrupts the call and interrogates the caller regarding his intentions. Adam switches back and forth between playing the interrogating dad and the girl doing the embarrassed "daaaad, haaaaang uuuuuup!" thing. While this is going on, the caller doesn't get what Adam is doing and you can hear the caller saying something like "what is going on?" in a confused voice in the background. I think it was probably before 2003, maybe 2001?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtzbSFd2BLw

For some reason, just Adam's "brrring" cracks me up.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 1, 2011

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Last night I heard an episode from 2004 where they watched a listener-made animation video of Adam's Chief Running Bear character. They keep saying they wish they could give people a link to it, but it's just hosted on some guy's comcast site and the url is impossibly long. They're toiling saying "if only there were some kind of website where we could easily upload this video and send it to people." Kinda funny that this was less than a year before youtube. Eventually someone called up and recommended tinyurl, but still, it made me realize how much I take youtube for granted these days.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

UltraRed posted:

Maron said he felt a bit of animosity at the beginning of the newest WTF. ... The again, this is Maron we're talking about. He'll find some stupid asinine reason to have a beef with anyone.
And 97% of it will be in his own head. He said he was embarrassed about having Carolla over because he has cats (which I guess isn't "manly"), and Adam was just like "...I love cats."

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Omnicarus posted:

Maron is pretty much hosed as far as relationships go, and this is coming from someone who loves his podcast. A vast majority of his problems with celebrities seem to be imagined or grudges held for twenty or thirty years now.
Yeah, definitely. Maron and Bill Burr were once both on Opie and Anthony, and Maron says to Bill "Well, before you did my podcast, we had some tension between us." And Burr just goes "Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about." The incident in question was from Bill Burr's open mic days in the early 90s, and he did eventually remember it once Maron jogged his memory, but Bill had just clearly forgotten about it and moved on.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

*typical chaotic teenage girl call*
Adam: Okay, well, you've got some stuff to work out. What about a therapist?
Caller: Going to see one?
Adam: No, killing one.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Is the richman/poorman bit from the Loveline days, or something from his morning show/podcast? I've never heard it before.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Atticus Bongman posted:

Not a RM-PM, but another of Adam's insights that I've found to be true:

You can gauge how well things are going in your life by how often you have to go to the post office.
I honestly don't get this. Do wealthy people have a lot of business to tend to at the post office? Or is he saying that when you're wealthy you can have someone go for you?

Also, I've been listening to Carolla's podcast more regularly, and while I don't mind commercials during the show, I think literally having the first 5:30 of the podcast being commercials, live reads and plugs is a bit much. I can't think of any other show (be it TV, radio, podcast, whatever) where there's more than 5 minutes of ads before any content whatsoever.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 5, 2011

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Instrumedley posted:

If this is true, you're going to go to jail buddy.
What's the context of this? I know it's Dr. Bruce but I've only heard the drop.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

djnkro posted:

Ok, question. What's the music that they play after Adam's theme song? The cartoonish sounding thing everyone else hears.
It's from Laurel and Hardy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIhBJ9Xify4

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

butitwontgoaway

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I like this one, the guests really get a kick out of it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm1i4PKdX84

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

So is there a go-to place for decent-sounding Loveline episodes now? Lovelinetapes is the weirdest poo poo, the episodes that are streaming sound great, however the web-player will stop every 5 minutes or so, and won't let me resume. If I log in for the download option, the mp3 sounds like complete poo poo and is jumpy and sped up, and is definitely not the same file that's streaming. What's the deal?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I'm gonna stay out of trouble.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

hiddenmovement posted:

EDIT: poo poo I'd listen to Bill Burr and his wife take calls from the Loveline clientele. If only Monday Morning Podcast just took live calls instead of letters.
I still feel like something would be lost by having callers being devoted fans of the hosts. Yeah, a lot of Loveline callers were regular listeners, but so many were just people who turned on the radio one night. A superfan who follows Bill Burr (or whoever) on twitter isn't nearly as ripe for comedy as the weirdo who stumbles upon the show flipping through radio stations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

All this talk of Old-Adam and Future-Adam, I prefer Cyber-Adam.

Whaddaya gonna do?

• Locked thread