Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Instrumedley posted:

Giovanni's outbursts aren't surprising. Listening to him bring up stories about Adam and Drew on their podcast as if he were there always felt a bit creepy.

I think him writing up synopses of 2-hour chunks of radio 15 years old detailing the PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENTS between Adam and Drew is the creepy thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This seems like the place to bitch about the modern Dr. Drew: He complained on Piers Morgan (a really loving awful person himself!) about how Edward Snowden is not doing what he's doing for the sake of the American people or to expose that the government is doing something illegal and awful and which will (has, really) ruin our standing world-wide and all this for no actual practical benefits against terrorism, but for fame. Dr. Drew calling Edward Snowden a fame whore. What in the gently caress, there's no irony that can be greater than that.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jubs posted:

As if Gio would allow a Loveline episode to be heard without his riveting commentary spoiling what you are about to hear.

That aspect is just so amazingly stupid. It's one thing to enjoy listening to a funny show, but it is another thing entirely to go about creating a loving index of every single call ever made and record loving SHOW SYNOPSES to be bundled into the MP3s of an older radio comedy show. Oh, this episode has a caller who has genital warts. I shall need to add this to the database!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Not only that, but that book report would've needed corrections. DAT, not dat. It's an acronym. Knott's Berry Farm, not some bizarre combination of all the words. comma wow exclamation point

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The thought of Drew diving in front of the President to save his life from some gay assassin always makes me laugh.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, if you want to hear a great interview with Drew where there isn't even a trace of shittiness, http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-dr-drew/ was really fuckin' great. Turns out Drew went through having prostate cancer recently, which sucks.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, he's one of those guys that Drew helped who lived through the experience. Ba doom boom pssh.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I have a tiny request to make as well, though it's TACS and not Loveline: Pete Holmes was on the show in early July, and I missed the episode by a few days (it was just yanked from freebie status) and was hoping someone could throw it up on YouTube, or Dropbox it or something? I love Pete and was told the episode was actually really great and all, so I wanted to give it a listen. Thanks!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Awesome, thanks! Humorously enough, your username is applicable for the Dropbox links you posted!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Don't worry, I know of YMIW. I agree with the regular episodes being less interesting, though. He really is restrained, unless his guest is a friend he knows well from being a stand-up, that community's close-knittedness breeds interesting conversations. One of my favorites of late was with (AMAZING stand-up) Jared Logan. But, yeah, his live shows are a goddamn ball and a half. I've got all of them saved and have heard them all a few times. He has smaller stand-ups on there that he hasn't gotten to yet for a full interview, who tend to have a good story to share that fits the format, as it's usually only 10-15 minutes for a guest to be the focus, then they move on to being a part of the group who's interviewing the next guest and shooting the poo poo among each other. Kurt Metzger, who is a motherfucking genius and everyone needs to check out his stuff and podcast, was on a live one and was able to talk about being a minister before becoming a comedian and atheist, so he knows his religious poo poo and can tear down how retarded it is, and how retarded people are because they don't even loving know basic things like pronunciation of names. "Everyone I knew taught me the guy's name was SHECKUM, but my girl is a Jew and she laughs about that, it's actually supposed to be pronounced as though you're clearing your throat and poo poo." Also, the story of Dinah. The whooooooole thing about Dinah going to town and getting raped and her rapist marrying her and then her brother loving slaughtering her rapist's whole clan, all that because DINAH DIDN'T DO WHAT SHE WAS TOLD. That's right, everything bad was because this DUMB BITCH got raped and now nobody'll ever trust Jews again. Amazing morality to be found there. Religion really elevates us.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Brekelefuw posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ghhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~

Sorry for being so darn confusing. I'll indicate that I was quoting RightClick.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What was Drew doing wrong, or what was Adam freaking out about?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's not a condition, but your voice qualities like that are considered a part of your affectation.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I guess the answer we've all been waiting for has finally come: What's actually the Colonel's secret spices? Black children named after birth control drugs.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
HULLOW MY NAME IS TYRONE WASHINGTON

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Welp. End of an era, I guess.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Scudworth posted:

Drew announced several years ago that he considers entertainment/advice his career now and he's letting go of his various medical commitments.

That seems almost like selling out.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You're gonna pass up a party?

Sounds more like trouble than a party!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
CHILDBIRTH! Nobody's EVER died doing THAT!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hi, this is GRAHAM WELLINGTON...

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Please, it was Fat Chris Hardwick.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Skyscraper posted:

Good advice generally, but does he do that?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're new here, aren't ya. YES. HE DOES THAT. IT'S NO JOKE. HE REALLY DOES THAT.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I read these like they're said in the voice of IRON SHEIK.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Honestly, I like David Spade. He wasn't bad on Just Shoot Me, and he was great on SNL and in Tommy Boy and Black Sheep.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Checkin' in with the news, weather, sports, sports, news, weather, weather, news, and spoooooooooooooooooorts every half-hour, 5 of the hour, 10 of the hour, 15 of the hour, 20 of the hour, 25 of the hour,

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
WHATSHOO DO WIT ALL DEM CONNUM

YOU SELL TO FRENS?!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yes, if only she were committed to Dr. Drew's care we could really see her dead and buried before the year's out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Where's Dr. Drew?

• Locked thread