Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978
I remember when I was working overnights in 2003, Loveline got me through a lot of nights. Specifically, I remember one episode where Drew wasn't there (I think. He might have, but I seem to remember that he was gone), and a gay caller kept getting the "You're gay" drops from Anderson. I swear to god he must have gone through ten variations on it. Like 3 different "You're gay," a couple of different "He's gay" and a "They're gay" were all thrown in.

I also remember another caller that kept dropping the word "STEPFATHER" in every few seconds. Adam and Drew ripped her a new one, and it was the last soundbite at the end of the show as well.

Good, good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

MaxxBot posted:

I find Dr. Drew extremely annoying and rarely funny at all. I haven't listened to the show in a while but I seem to remember Dr. Drew making some pretty ridiculous comments. I remember him in all seriousness calling a 16 year old with a 13 year old boyfriend a "sexual predator"

Remember that Drew's point there is to give advice rather than be funny. He cares much more about spreading good advice than making an entertaining show. THat said, he does have his moments. As far as the 16 yr old dating a 14 yr old, that could esssentially be a Sophmore in HS dating an 8th grader. Though I wouldn't call it a sexual predator situation, I would consider it to be inappropriate. But I doubt he called that from that situation. He usually only gets on the ones that are like 18 dating 14 years old (or worse).

But if you think Drew is annoying/not funny try to avoid shows w/ Dr. Bruce.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

double gulp posted:

no guest = extra awesome.

except d.a.g.

Totally depends on the guest.

And what's really a bummer is when you go to an episode with a guest that you have just discovered or really find to be an interesting performer and whatnot, you listen to their loveline show and they're a dead loving fish.

Other times, they are totally jazzed about being there and get along with Adam/Drew and really add to the show.

The nice thing about Drew and Adam being alone though is that it's ALWAYS quality. There aren't any bad shows with just the two of them.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

spl00zer posted:

Plus, Danny ruins everything.

If you think that, thn thank god you never heard it when Dave Damachek (or however the gently caress it's spelled) was on...

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

I love T, having the group back together is the best possible outcome. Maybe when Loveline finally becomes untenable he can bring Drew over for a Loveline podcast and we will all be happy. :)

Didn't Adam do like a week of shows about a year ago?

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

A Glum Plum posted:

Quick question for those of your who have seen Adam live: it looks like he's doing 5 shows over 3 days in Tempe soon. Does he normally hang out after the night's last show for autographs and all that?

Mother. Fucker.

Did I miss this?!

Edit: Nope. I'm so loving there.

Psimitry fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 26, 2010

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Magnificent Quiver posted:

I think Adam's mentioned this before, but it's seriously annoying when comedians come on for an interview and just do their act instead of being themselves. It's mostly the younger ones that do it, too.

Oh jesus never was this more apparent than when Jay Mohr was on Loveline the first time. CHRIST he was annoying. Made worse that he kept bitching that Adam/Drew weren't laughing at his act. Oddly enough though, subsequent appearances he wasn't doing his act, and he was a pretty enjoyable guest. He was actually what made me aware that panic attacks (which I get on occasion) weren't necessarily triggered by anything, but can be completely out of the blue.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hormones posted:

Listened to Vanessa Carlton's episode today.

I remember listening to that episode live and thinking to myself that I wasn't a fan of her music, but she had an amazingly sexy speaking voice.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

As much as Tosh would have been amazing as Adam's replacement, if it meant that I couldn't have Tosh.0, I'll make that sacrifice.

However, I believe in a quantum reality in which Tosh does loveline AND Tosh.0. Lord do I wish I lived there.

Also loving how Anderson is playing around with the drops (speeding up and slowing down and whatnot). Just about spat my drink out when the dude calls up and is talking about anal, Anderson drops "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY."

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Bamm Bamm posted:

I deleted every Stryker-sitting-in-for-Adam episode that was in the torrent

Heh. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I dunno. I think he's largely looking at that with contempt. He's like "Yes... this is what I went to medical school for. You fuckers. Now pay me and let me get back to something that actually matters."

• Locked thread