Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

2010: Year of M&M
As much as I love Carolla, his morning show stinks. Teresa usually adds nothing to the conversation other than "Yeah" or "I agree" and Bonaduce is the most annoying man I've heard in radio. He snorts loudly and very frequently, and ALWAYS has to bring any conversation to his drug use, ex-wife, some whores he had sex with, or some dude he was about to fight.

It has its moments, but its mostly garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Jay Mohr bombed so spectacularly that its worth listening to. He just kept going until he realized that he bombed and just spent the rest of the episode mocking himself with Anderson dropping in canned laughs and applause.

I forget the guy's name, but the lead singer from Smash Mouth was a great guest. He talked pretty openly about pretty personal issues (death of his child, tucking his penis between his legs and dancing around the house - very personal). Anderson tore into him by dropping in "And I saw her face now I'm a believer!" song that he covered. Pretty much any episode where Anderson tears into a guest is good comedy.

The drill instructors Leo & Tony (2001-05-10) were awesome (YOU GOT ANOTHER QUESTION WEIRDO HURRY UP PUSH PUSH PUSH YOU NASTY THING) and Violent Jay because most of the drops are from his one appearance.

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Phone posted:

I wonder if he ever got that statistics between birth control and increased risk of getting an STD. :rolleye:

He bitches about that later on and no he never does

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

1000 umbrellas posted:

"This Wiccan thing, it's just a bunch of fat chicks that sit around"

Why you actin' stupid like that?

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Just a reminder for Thanksgiving :)

quote:

“This is a classic recipe,” Adam states. “I’m not going to F it up.” Thanksgiving is supposed to be simple, he says. This is a simple holiday. Keep things nice and simple. Don’t even play around with pies, he says. “Stick to the pumpkin, or the apple.”

All of this started because Adam was tired of people spending ten hours in the kitchen cooking, and then just popping open a can of cranberry sauce.

Step One: Get yourself a sack of cranberries. If you’re going to have eight or ten people over, get two sacks. Just buy them — they last for over two months.

Step Two: Take a cup of water per sack, and a cup of sugar as well. Adam prefers to go lighter in the sugar, though, because you can’t take sugar out. Start with a half-cup of sugar, and add more to taste.

Step Three: Boil the sugar and the water in a sauce pan, and once it comes to a boil, pour in the cranberries. Then put a lid on it, and let it simmer. That’s all you do. It’s as easy as cooking a can of soup.

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Malachi Constant posted:

It's interesting to hear how Drew has grown into a more pro-active role as a radio host, and how the Andy-Dick-on-Loveline saga continues nowadays. Drew seems much more comfortable dismissing the callers after he gives them his advice.

It still seems really off. Drew needs that bitter rear end in a top hat to make the show complete :(

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Adam Carolla didn't show up to his radio show today because he was sick, which doesn't sound like him. Regardless, if you want to hear how truly awful Bonaduce is I suggest you give today's podcast a listen

Also Dr. Drew has a new radio show :cool:

http://www.1260.am/programming/hosts/bios/?host=7

Adam calls in around 8ish minutes into the second hour :neckbeard:

caffeinefree fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 13, 2007

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Adam missing again from his show today. I think he's making a stand, which only took him a year. I'd kill for the show to be just T, Bryan, and Adam. Bryan has good chemistry with both of them and is retardedly quick with drops

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

"A party? Sounds like trouble..."

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Is anyone at all interested in Drew's new show on VH1?

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Conaway was a loving mess. Jesus Christ was that depressing.

I didn't have high hopes for this show and am only watching it for Drew, but it's pretty interesting and entertaining thus far. I would prefer if Drew spent an hour yelling some sense into them (some of them are downright retarded) but we're only one show in. What I did get right away is that Drew must have the patience of a saint to deal with these types of people on a daily basis.

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Dr. Drew was on Adam's show this morning, as was Mary Carey. Drew/Adam was good as usual, but Mary's interview was the most depressingly hilarious thing Adam has ever done - ever. Go download the podcast, you won't be let down.

Here's a tease: Mary Carey's mom is mentally unstable and her dad is retarded. They met in a mental clinic while her mom was undergoing electroshock therapy.

They both get interviewed.

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Absolut Mike posted:

One of the funniest bits Adam and Drew did was "Drew's Fantasy Answer" where Adam would impersonate a dumb caller with a dramatic problem and Drew would give the worst advice he could.

They rarely did this and Drew playing off Adam's ridiculous scenarios without skipping a beat was priceless.

Does anyone know the dates of some episodes where they featured this?

Early 2002, like March, April and May, Drew did this a few times an episode. Sorry I can't give you specifics, but I definitely remember this being used quite a few times during that time span

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

mfaley posted:

What is different about Adam's voice in TACS? Is it deeper?

It sounds like he's depressed and tired constantly; not to mention his fake laugh

"Heh heh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Bizarre to see him apologize over basically nothing when he's spent the last several years spitting massive racism every time the Middle East comes up. But really, who cares.

let's not forget about his lovely attitude towards Mexicans :)

• Locked thread