Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I love Adam and he manages to be really funny and still give out good advise, but I find Dr. Drew extremely annoying and rarely funny at all. I haven't listened to the show in a while but I seem to remember Dr. Drew making some pretty ridiculous comments. I remember him in all seriousness calling a 16 year old with a 13 year old boyfriend a "sexual predator" and basically saying "eww gross" and other homophobic poo poo when some caller was talking about their gay relationship. I also remember him spreading all sorts of misinformation about drugs, it reminded me of 5th grade DARE class or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Judakel posted:

Would you care to share with us what some of this misinformation was in the first place? Otherwise I am just assuming you just have differing opinions.

Well as I said the last time I listened to this was around 2 years ago, but I think I can remember one little bit that stuck out especially. Dr. Drew said something like "well have you used x drug more than 2 times? If you have you most likely have serious brain damage."

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

vkeios posted:

I remember that call. It was a 18 year old male with a 13 year old boy. And the older male was a textbook predator, straight down to telling the younger that no one must know their "special secret."

Hmm I'm pretty sure it was 16, if it was 18 and 13 I would agree that it's pretty loving creepy.

• Locked thread