Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
There seems to be a ton of interest for a TACS archive starting from their beginning. Anyone who mentioned wanting one in this thread, feel free to PM me.

Dana Gould is starting to become my favourite TACS guest. Not only is he funny, but I now have a man-crush because he mentioned Husker Du and made a Bob Mould joke on one of the Music Monday bits.

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

The Pantheon posted:

Daryl I'd PM you but I don't have the PM superpowers.

Whoops, didn't think about that, sorry. I just enabled my e-mail, so just go to my profile and e-mail me.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Graham Wellington posted:

Also don't forget the latest PSA's informing us that 38,000 people a year die from second-hand smoke, compared to 37,000 a year dying from car accidents. Which makes sense, because everyone knows a lot more people that have died from sceond-hand smoke than in a car accident.

Hi, my name is Tyrone Washington, I was wondering if you took the apartment I was looking at?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

BAM! posted:

This was very entertaining - I'll have to check the rest out. Also, Anderson used to work with autistic kids? Paint me surprised.

Adam's "Anderson works with autistic kids to give him free reign to be more of an rear end in a top hat" theory was always funny.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Revol posted:

Fans of TACS are in mourning after finding out that Isaac Hayes died today. He's become a great part of the show recently, after giving a phone interview months ago where he was.. not very lucid. Ever since, Bald Bryan's been using clips from that interview to great affect.

"It's- it's... it's a good thing."

No, Isaac! It's not a good thing! You're dead now!

"Naw."

Yes, you are.

"It's good!"

Isaac, you're in denial.

Here's a link to the TACS forums with a soundboard of some of the drops. (Although, the 'What' drop is incorrect.)

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=4415&view=findpost&p=136602

This is the first thing I thought of. I was always hoping that he would sometime be a guest again, and they could pull some even funnier poo poo from the interview.

Isssisssa goodthang

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phone posted:

HEY GUYS DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY

RICK ROLLING HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

I loving cringed when it was brought up. I wonder if next week we'll get to hear about how funny an animated dancing baby will be...

I've been happy that Dana Gould has become semi-regular, he's probably my favourite guest, but I agree that the Shotgun-McCain thing gets old fast. Definitely not repeat material.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't do it for something like 10-20 minutes every time. I don't listen to the shows live so I can just skip ahead, but it's still a pain in the rear end to listen to.

Yeah, the last one went for an entire segment. Again, don't get me wrong, I love Dana Gould (a few appearances ago he did a Bob Mould impression and I fell in love) I just think it's way better when they use time with him to make fun of Huel Howser.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Dameshek loving sucks, he's such a massive loving tool. I'm so glad he's not around anymore. Just because we had to put up with a year of Danny Bonaduce, don't let it cloud your judgment into thinking that Dameshek didn't suck hard. People are way too hard on Teresa. Unless they replace her with Dana Gould or something, I'm perfectly happy with her in that seat. The show has been on the right track since 2008. Nemo pretty much nailed it on the head.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Scudworth posted:

So who else felt really odd listening to Teresa give an in-depth description of the Uwe Boll boxing indecent on yesterday's (1/20/09) show?

I'm glad someone called in to say "yeah, but you don't understand how much of a douchebag Uwe Boll is".

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I just about poo poo myself during the Dana Gould show on Wednesday, god I love that man. Maybe one of my favourite shows ever.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Please tell me you people are loving kidding.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Alexandr posted:

Not as much as we would hope, I'm afraid.

I am so devastated right now... :smith:

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I have listened to every single show that's been on the air since the show started, listened in full every day... I hope to all that is holy that he returns to radio in some daily format, because even though I love Ace Roccola like a family member, I've never been a fan of anything he's done on TV (except the Adam Carolla Project). I didn't even like the Man Show, when it first came on, I would yell at the screen for Jimmy to go away and let Adam talk.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phone posted:

Like clockwork, another year of TACS, another shake up.

also, shrew, etc

It was never canceled. It's hard to get canceled when you're not picked up.

Yeah, but every year the shake-up always made me happy instead of sad. I was glad Rachel Perry was kicked, I was glad Dameshek was kicked along with that retard of a producer Bruska, and I was EXTREMELY psyched when Bonaduce was given the boot.

I don't care what anyone says, the current format that they had going between January 2008 to now has been almost perfect, I feel like they hit a groove that really worked.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Nemo posted:

That happened to WHFS in DC a few years back, and it was far from awesome.

I'm listening to yesterday's show right now, and they just let Larry Miller win a Hypothetical Question. I think they know the end is near.

Wow, you're right. I'm trying to think if there have been any other subtle hints recently...

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phone posted:

Bryan wearing a "GAME OVER" t-shirt subtle enough for you?

I've never watched the webcasts. That's funny though.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Wishlist scenarios:
1. Adam goes back to Loveline
2. Daily podcast (I would pay for it if I had to)
3. 4 hour show on Satellite radio

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phone posted:

1. Unlikely, but my god is it a pipedream :ohdear:
2. "Twatter"
3. Hahaha

Obviously none of that poo poo is going to happen, I just wish it would happen.

Oh well, this must be a dream to most Adam Carolla fans that he is going off the air because they're the people who hate him the most really. Stern fans are the same way.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

JGdmn posted:

Really? I love Carolla, I hope he's on forever in some medium. But radio is his best showing. The ACS was my favorite thing he's done, but it's miles above almost any other morning radio show. To think, Mark and Brian still have a job.

Oh I agree with you man, but I feel like he has the same sort of "glass half empty" fans as Stern does in that nothing is ever good enough, etc., etc...

I hope Dana Gould comes on one more time.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

JGdmn posted:

Yeah, I guess it shouldn't be shocking that a guy who constantly complains has a fan base that... constantly complains.

And considering Gould showed up for that last Bonaduce show in 2007, he should at least show up now.

Robin....... please..... pullover..... stomach.... BROILING

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Something makes me think that article is just "CBS Radio Undergoes Carolla-ectomy" spin.

Yeah I think it's lame too. They're making it seem like he's the failure, when really the whole station is going under and changing format.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Scudworth posted:

Due to their contracts being renewed for this year and Adam's cryptic reference to them still being "around" (in regards to podcasts I think?), I have some possibly empty hope that they'll switch to podcast only since that seemed to be their listener base and the figures they gave last week for podcast subscription hours was in the millions.
Oh god I hope so. I'm so distraught, it's almost comical. :smithicide:

I've had tv shows I loved canceled before and that's one thing, but this seems so much different because this was 4 hours EVERY DAY. It was a part of my workday and the only decent morning show I've ever heard. I just can't think of starting work without hearing that peppy Bosstones trumpet intro. I'll have to download that song.
Bad times.

You nailed it on the head for me. Work is so easy for me when I have the show to listen to.

If they finish it out with a podcast, that'll be ok for me because I never get to listen to the show live anyways. I have a feeling we aren't going to be that lucky...

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Nemo posted:

Here's something that wasn't just posted in a Howard Stern fansite:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/02/klsx-going-top.html

Doesn't look too hopeful for an all-podcast version for the rest of the year.

At least Joel McHale is on the calendar for Friday's show.

I'm digging the new avatar.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
As if there wasn't any convincing needed that Jack Silver is a monumental retard, Adam cemented that fact today by stating that Jack hated Dana Gould and didn't like him on the show. Every time I knew Dana was going to be on the show, I'd be so excited. Way to not know the audience.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

elwood posted:

I don't have high hopes for that sitcom, because quite frankly Adam sucks on everything that requirs memorizing lines and especially TV. It always just sounds forced and not natural.

It pains me to say it, but I agree, I don't give a poo poo about any TV or Movie work he does. Hell, I'm not even a fan of The Man Show. I said "Aceman, you're better than this" when it first aired.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Arrrrchimedes posted:

oh my god, this dr. drew one is awesome.

I love him talking about hypothetically beating Lynette.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
The end of the podcast is loving hilarious, it's so unfair they left it at that point. They need to do 18 hours.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Jubs posted:

http://cioffi.cachefly.net/2009.02.26ACP.mp3

It hasn't been posted yet...so get it while it's hot.

Cool, thanks!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Is it just me or did Carolla say he was going to try and do the podcast every day as opposed to just monday to friday?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

j8910 posted:

He said he would try to get a podcast done every day, but then immediately clarified that he would "at least" do it five times a week. Dunno if we'll see weekend podcasts, but I hope we do.

He's been really on the ball about getting guests. I'm glad he's really gung-ho about this.

It'd be a nice surprise to get a new show randomly on the weekend sometimes.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Holland Oats posted:

Are we getting one tonight?

Probably not.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I've been spoiled by the early postings now! I'm itching for the new one.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
It's up
http://cioffi.cachefly.net/2009.03.04ACP.mp3

28 minutes... sigh...

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 4, 2009

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

The Pantheon posted:

INCORRECT.

It's 55:41.

55 MINUTES BRADA. You got an incomplete file.

Oh god and funny thing? I had a DREAM I was listening to the latest podcast last night and it was Dr. Drew & D.A.G. as guests, and they were all just chatting jovially about the good old days and I thought "Phew. I'm glad Drew and DAG have patched things up since DAG's podcast, I was worried there."

Yeah I just finished it and am happy to see that i was wrong!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
74 minute podcast with Greg Fitzsimmons up! Get it onnnnnnnnnnnnnn

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

just keep scrolling posted:

This is kind of a last-minute emergency and it's probably too late for me to do anything, but I am expecting about 26 hours of driving this week and it would be GREAT to load up my Ipod with some classic (Adam Corolla) Loveline episodes to listen to during the drive.

Where can I go to find a good selection of these? I know LovelineArchive got taken down because the IP holders decided to "cancel" the permission they gave, so I have no idea where you go to acquire/pay for this stuff now. Someone mentioned ITunes, do you think I could find a handful of Adam's episodes on there? Or should I look elsewhere?

Again, is not a piracy post... I'm not asking for free episodes if episodes aren't supposed to be free. I'd buy them on Itunes if I have to.

\/\/\/\/ Much appreciated, what are some highlights / ones you would recommend if I only am able to do a few?

Check your PM.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

ChaosMonkey posted:

Ah, poo poo, Adam and Norm Macdonald talking about "Coward of the County" is the best.

I feel this an underrated segment, nobody talks about how loving funny it is. It's easily a top 5 moment for me, including the Loveline years.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

ChaosMonkey posted:

We're hella talking about it now, broseph.

I also heard the original segments where they revealed Norm's anal sex tale. That poo poo should be carved into diamonds and shot into space, along with Coward of the County.

Wait until you hear Adam interview Kenny Rogers about all those songs.

"They took turns at Becky... there were three of them!"

Kenny told Adam that The Gatlin Boys actually went on tour with him and that there were indeed three. I'm still pissed Adam didn't bring up the interview results with Norm the next time he was on.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Phone posted:

What's the Coward of the County?

It's this song Kenny Rogers sings about a horrible rape of this guy's girlfriend and in the song he doesn't have the balls to stand up to the rapists. Put to a nice little ditty! Apparently it was a radio hit at one point. The rapists in the songs are named as "The Gatlin Boys", and Norm and Adam thought that was funny because at the time there was a country group called The Gatlin Boys.

quote:

Evryone considered him the coward of the county.
Hed never stood one single time to prove the county wrong.
His mama named him tommy, the folks just called him yellow,
But something always told me they were reading tommy wrong.

He was only ten years old when his daddy died in prison.
I looked after tommy cause he was my brothers son.
I still recall the final words my brother said to tommy:
Son, my life is over, but yours is just begun.

Promise me, son, not to do the things Ive done.
Walk away from trouble if you can.
It wont mean youre weak if you turn the other cheek.
I hope youre old enough to understand:
Son, you dont have to fight to be a man.

Theres someone for evryone and tommys love was becky.
In her arms he didnt have to prove he was a man.
One day while he was workin the gatlin boys came callin.
They took turns at becky.... there was three of them!

Tommy opened up the door and saw his becky cryin.
The torn dress, the shattered look was more than he could stand.
He reached above the fireplace and took down his daddys picture.
As his tears fell on his daddys face, he heard these words again:

Promise me, son, not to do the things Ive done.
Walk away from trouble if you can.
It wont mean youre weak if you turn the other cheek.
I hope youre old enough to understand:
Son, you dont have to fight to be a man.

The gatlin boys just laughed at him when he walked into the barroom.
One of them got up and met him halfway cross the floor.
When tommy turned around they said, hey look! ol yellows leavin.
But you coulda heard a pin drop when tommy stopped and blocked the door.

Twenty years of crawlin was bottled up inside him.
He wasnt holdin nothin back; he let em have it all.
When tommy left the barroom not a gatlin boy was standin.
He said, this ones for becky, as he watched the last one fall.
And I heard him say,

I promised you, dad, not to do the things you done.
I walk away from trouble when I can.
Now please dont think Im weak, I didnt turn the other cheek,
And papa, I sure hope you understand:
Sometimes you gotta fight when youre a man.

Evryone considered him the coward of the county.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Watommi posted:

but...in those lyrics he does stand up to them. In fact, it sounds like he killed them, or at least kicked their asses.

Any chance anyone knows where to find the Norm McDonald anal sex episode, or this Coward of the County episode?

Also, Adam's tortured "What the gently caress?! when Joel McHale asks if yams are a seperate vegetable from sweet potatoes is hilarious.

I think it was one of those things that started at them laughing at the fact that the subject matter is so gruesome, and then the thread kept getting pulled and they thought it was funny that in the song he initially doesn't do anything about it, etc., etc... I had forgotten that Tommy FINALLY does something about it.

They also thought this one was pretty funny:
Ruby

quote:

You've painted up your lips an rolled and curled your tinted hair.
Ruby are you contemplating going out somewhere?
The Shadow on the wall tells me the sun is going down -
Oh Ruby
Don't take your love to town

It wasn't me that started that old crazy asian war
But I was proud to go and do my patriotic chore
And yes, it's true that I'm not the man I used to be...
Oh Ruby I still need some company.

Its hard to love a man whose legs are bent and paralysed
And THE WANTS AND the needs of a woman your age, Ruby I realize,
But it won't be long i've heard them say until I'M not around
Oh Ruby

She's leavin' now 'cause I heard the slammin' of the door
The way I know I've heard it slam one hundred times before
And if I could move I'd get my gun and put her in the ground
Oh Ruby
Oh Ruby
God sakeS turn around

The riffing on both of these songs lyrics are some of the funniest moments ever.

I'll have both of these shows soon for people to listen to.

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 16, 2009

• Locked thread