Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Grifter posted:

I said this in the last thread (and some people disagreed) but Jay Mohr was terrible. I didn't enjoy Gary Busey and Adam De La Pena either, mostly because Busey obviously hates Adam Carolla and the show just didn't go well.

Well I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Busey and de la Pena account as well. That show is great because of the way Adam pushes Busey's buttons a bit and slyly makes fun of his retarded rantings. The humor in that episode is very subtle but very very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Malachi Constant posted:

I found an interesting contrast. Listen to these two shows back to back.

(April 8, 2001) Compare the "Pro-Life" vs. "Pro-Choice" debate on this famous show.

with

this show with an "Abstinence Only" advocate, about two months later.

I love Adam's attitudes to each of these guests. In the first he holds almost nothing back since the "Pro-Life" advocate is really lying. In the second show he busts her chops heartily where she leans on religious ideas, but freely agrees with her when she makes sense ("We agree . . . good luck, but we agree"). Also, the second guest is much more willing to go with the flow of the show, which helps.

I think Adam is a skeptic even thought he doesn't know it.

edit: I think forced "Abstinence Only" education is pretty much useless, but I appreciate this person's general idea of teaching it though private funds, though I don't doubt she'd be happy to receive public money.

Well the difference is that Adam is so concerned with self-preservation, he wants to stop EVERYONE from having kids so he doesn't have to pay for the screwed up ones to get fixed, which is why he agrees with the abstinence advocate. The pro-life chick is against the morning after pill but not the normal birth control pill, even when Drew tells her they are exactly the same thing, so Adam is pissed because she's just a "bitch" who "can't get laid and wants to stop everyone else from getting laid."

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

So apparently Adam is supposed to be on Dancing with the Stars next season....what?!

hahahahah get ready for gold

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

Because Adam's going to be there for the first time in three years. If they take one call I will be shocked.

Why would you be shocked? Do you think Adam's just going to sit there and do material for two hours? Don't get me wrong, I love Adam's conversations with Drew, but half the fun of Loveline is when Adam yells at callers.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Malachi Constant posted:

Okay, here's last night's show, commercial free. Right click and Save As. It's on my own hosting.

Thanks a ton.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

subscreet posted:

What a coincidence. I was just going to suggest we create some sort of wiki where people provide a list of calls with a short description of the call as well as any notable funny moments, quotes, or soon(I know there's a quote archive but I'm talking about something more comprehensive.) I hear funny poo poo all the time, but I never write down what show it was from and I forget.

Most fans are familiar with the classics like the Fletcher incident, the holocaust call, and the Culver PD sobriety test, but there are lesser-known moments that are equally if not more hilarious. For example, some of my favorites include Adam's atheist serial killer robot rant, Adam completely owning that Right to Life bitch, and that kid "Dice" calling about using weed as a contraceptive.

If everybody in this thread volunteered to basically make a cliff notes version(not a transcription) of two episodes we would have about a year's worth of episodes. I imagine some dedicated nerds will pick up the slack.

You forgot Pan Pan.

Saw The Hammer tonight, it was really a good movie. Not a GREAT film by movie standards, but very solid and lots of classic Carolla humor. If you're a fan of Carolla, go see it.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Heard one today where he was talking about a "Carolla move" where he's taking a dump and peeing at the same time, and his dick isn't quite dangling right, so the piss goes in between the toilet seat and the bowl, hugs the side of the bowl, and dribbles into his pants. He calls it a "silent killer" because you can't hear anything and by the time you notice it's too late, so he suggests some sort of catch at the front of the bowl that prevents piss from dribbling into your pants. I believe this episode was 9/13 or 9/14 in 2001, just a few days after the attacks.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Phone posted:

10-01-2001 (Guest - Jimmy Eat World) has a fair amount of Drew singing opera with a slight jab at Ben Stein by Drew.

That's funny, I just listened to this one and it's one of the funniest episodes I've heard in a while. Adam's "entrance music" that Anderson plays in place of the Jimmy Eat World song is priceless and worth the listen by itself.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Phone posted:

Is there any place online to watch the Dancing with the Stars bits with Adam in it?

10-16-2001: Guest is Steve from Smashmouth who has a foul mouth and loathes Anderson's existence because he keeps on playing "I'm a Believer". It becomes punishment after he lets his second s-word fly. That wasn't his last offense. Not worth an entire listen, but it was hilarious to hear him say that he wants to kill Anderson.

10-17-2001: Night of absolute idiots, with a couple of brilliant callers, and a bonus secret at the end! (Worth a whole listen)

I think you and I are psychically linked or something.

The Smash Mouth episode has another golden nugget when a "British" girl calls in, Adam calls her out on her accent and it turns out she's Steve's girlfriend and she tells the world how he tucks his penis between his legs to look like a girl when he gets out of the shower.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

UltraRed posted:

I think of all the women who have never gotten their molestation issues treated because they don't listen to Loveline because of Stryker.

This is definitely true because it tends to be the nutty abused ones that have Adam Carolla written all over their shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

I'd say Loveline golden age doesn't end until Adam leaves.

Pretty much this, I've listened to just about all the 2001-2005 eps and never noticed any drop-off. I'm listening to the SuperFuckface Giovanni stream now and the 1996 episodes are kind of hard to listen to in comparison. Drew barely talks or even laughs and Adam tries a bit too hard to be funny. He also hasn't started abusing the callers yet, which is my favorite part.

• Locked thread