Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Arf posted:

I'M THIS CLOSE TO DROPPIN TROU

don't do it.. Don't do it...

(I think Drew really makes that bit)

Also, listening to some of the Drew only episodes with guests really shows his comedic timing, he seems to have picked up some from adam.

Also, 6gb torrent of extra episodes

http://www.alluvion.org/download.php?info_hash=0440d73e0512976dd8c76c6442a6d240bac136f5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

Well as I said the last time I listened to this was around 2 years ago, but I think I can remember one little bit that stuck out especially. Dr. Drew said something like "well have you used x drug more than 2 times? If you have you most likely have serious brain damage."

Actually the line he uses is referencing a paper where it said for most people, 20 doses would do serious brain damage, but for some it could be as little as 2. I think it was LSD

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

2002-07-14 episode is excellent. Adam visited a prison over the weekend and keeps riffing about that.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

2004-05-25 No Guest

Excellent rant at the start about tickets. Drew does quitea bit too. excellent. Also, Anderson was in jail for the weekend before. Very funny. Lasts pretty much the first full segment too.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

UltraRed posted:

Is he rotating segments of each month now? No fair posting about shows I can't get. :mad:

I do apologize. I just tried to buy a dreamhost account to host some episodes and maybe spread the load, but it didnt accept my maestro card, so I can't help :(

Are there any equivilant hosts which accept paypal or the such, and have huge traffic limits?

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

TheBigBad posted:

You know who I hate? Anderson. I hate his rear end so much. He plays those loops a billion times and their funny like twice out of that billion. Otherwise he's just loving with the caller and annoying Drew with them. He's also a pretentious prick who hangs up on people for no good reason, even if it's getting interesting.

On the contrary, I Love anderson. Every time he speaks the entertainment value goes up loads. Same with engineer Chris. The drops are brilliant too.

Rushmore fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 15, 2007

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Malachi Constant posted:

I've heard people mention this, but I'm about 20 episodes from listening to everything in the archive and I haven't heard it. Either it happened before those shows, or it never existed, or it was a dream. There were one or two episodes where Drew came in a few minutes late, so maybe that's where it came from.

And P.S.: Anderson added a huge does of humor to the show. He was very quick-fingered and his banjo-music drops and "Liar, liar!" drops are almost always appropriate and give Adam a laugh. His passive-aggression toward Adam is also funny.

Check my torrent. Its on alluvion.org. It has the adam only show plus a few other memorable ones.

Ok I finally caved in and bought hosting to throw up some loveline episodes. I'm going to start with the episodes which aren't in the archive.
Here is the adam only episode

http://lovelinecentral.com/Loveline%20-%202002-01-06%20(Only%20Adam).mp3

Rushmore fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 15, 2007

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Ok so here is the dealio with the site. I've bought http://lovelinecentral.com with 600GB space and 6000GB bandwidth. When the bandwidth is used up, the site is suspended to the next month. There is an unlimited bandwidth option, which I may switch to if the usage is that bad, but this isn't too pleasing a prospect.

I'm (slowly) uploading episodes (19k/s) Starting with episodes from the 90s, then going year by year.

If anybody wishes to help, give me a mail (stephen_mccune at hotmail.com) and I'll see about setting something up.

I'll hopefully get some sort of front end put up soon (Assignments due)

For now, I have uploaded a few select episodes. I'm going to create a script to allow people to upload a single episode for any recommendations.

For now, just browse the files and right click/download. Please try not to leech too much

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Jubs posted:

Want me to add the link to the first post? Or would you rather not have your bandwidth eaten up?

Sure, work away.

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/mp3/ for mp3's
http://www.lovelinecentral.com/upload.html to upload an ep

jvsclapius posted:

So, are you interested in only hosting files that aren't in the torrent? Or can we recommend/upload shows that we think make up a good "cross-section" of the show archives?

I'm aiming to have them all uploaded, but starting with shows that aren't in the archive. If you have any recommendations, tell me or upload them with that script.

UltraRed posted:

I'd recommend saving them as zip files, if you can.If won't help you with file size, but they will have to be downloaded and can't be streamed. Trusting people to download them never works.

I think i'll leave them as MP3. It'll cost the same bandwidth either way, may as well let people use it how it suits best

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

jvsclapius posted:

Ok, I'll upload 2001-10-15 (with Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne) as a test; pretty much all of Anderson's Ozzy drops come from this show, and it wasn't in the big torrent I downloaded way back when.

edit: I don't know if anybody uses the direct connect hub, but that is where I got a lot of episodes from 2001-2002 that weren't in the torrent/archives.

e2: I seem to be getting an "Invalid file" error from the upload form. Are there any requirements vis-a-vis naming the files, or anything like that? It could just be my spotty wireless.

I put on a thing to verify it is mime type audio/mpeg. I'll take that off

Try again now

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

jvsclapius posted:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/rushm0re/public_html/upload_file.php on line 25"

:(

That'll teach me to modify scripts without testing them. I uploaded a file with the new one, should work. Sorry bout that

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

I just found the ADAM...... CAROLLA episode. 2005-05-15. about 38 minutes. Also Drew is in New York... because somebody dropped a nickel.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

EnsGDT posted:

Hahah I just listened to that one yesterday, and it's amazing.

Also, the "because" is very important.

Holy poo poo that girl just miaowed at them. She thinks she's part feline. Drew gave the best "whatever" ever.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Jubs posted:

I also recommend everyone listen to the July 23, 2002 show. It has the funniest call from a guy in Oklahoma who wants to get married at 16.

Edit: And is lovelinecentral.com/ down for anyone else?

they automatically put up an index page. I've removed it, but if you use http://www.lovelinecentral.com/mp3 it should always work :)

I'll get to uploading more of them soon, my connection is being a temperamental piece of poo poo

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Ubitquitin posted:

Does anyone know the date of the episode where Drew bet Adam $100 that he had genital warts and he put acetic acid on adam's junk?

I remember laughing harder than I have ever to this show and I espeically remember it because our power had gone out and I was listening to a battery power radio with a flashlight. It was a while ago so it could be before 2000 but I'm not sure.

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/2000/Loveline%20-%202000-07-19cf%20-%20Molly%20Sims%20-%20wart%20exam.mp3

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

I have found one of the fabled episodes:

Loveline - 2002-11-27

A drunken 23 year old college drop out challenges Drew to a dictionary contest (who can find words the fastest) and wins. Heroic.

Legendary episodes always seem to appear around System of a down (which are legendary by themselves) - Between this one and the wart exam, its great.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Ultimos posted:

The Fletcher incident occured before Adam was on the show. In 1999 Pennywise came on again and Adam explains that it occured 5 or 6 years beforehand, and then plays the old clip.

https://www.ngsam.com/ultimos/Loveline - 1999-06-07 (Pennywise - Fletcher vomit clip - poo poo city).mp3

If someone could spare my bandwidth a little and put that on lovelinecentral that'd be awesome. (I can't seem to upload it)

Sorry, I was in hospital. I've put this up on my hosting if you want to take it off yours

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/1990s/Loveline%20-%201999-06-07%20(Pennywise%20-%20Fletcher%20vomit%20clip%20-%20poo%20poo%20city).mp3

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MHxG9fwKG8
I found this interesting, along with the other two linked in the description.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Bumpon10s posted:

The no guest shows from may 2003 are gems of blood, sweat and tears goodness. Hearing adam belting out go down gambling makes me cry laughing.

The DAG go down gamblin show is one of the best.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Anyway, is the "Anderson" Dr. Drew mentions in his radio show The Anderson?

Yes, the anderson on the drew show is anderson cowan, and the engineer from ll was anderson cowan. Also, anderson is doing engineer, I believe, for the drew show. He is certainly the one on the mics, which is obvious when adam calls in.

Adam on drews show was top notch, and drews show, even without adam, is excellent. it is a midpoint between adam and drew loveline, and adam and stryker loveline.

I am just happy to hear drew and anderson talking, forget the rest of it. I also enjoy hearing drews opinions on matters, and hearing drew rant on subjects. Drew himself even said that thats the best thing about that show, they can sit and rant all they want about any subject they want, such as the 70s rant. It feels like drew has taken a leaf out of adams book as regards ranting. he doesn't necessarily have the comedy of it, but it is drat entertaining. I already find myself a huge fan of his show. He may hold back from insulting guests or whatever, but when he gets going, he is very entertaining when angry. It's like the drew epidsodes from 2006 before stryker, but unrestricted, and not rushing through calls. Like he has realised what adam added to the show and done what he can to follow it.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Ultimos posted:

A couple of times there were shows where Adam or Drew went a little crazy because they were big fans of the guest's music. The only ones I can think of however were when Cheap Trick (Adam was ecstatic) and Offspring (Drew seems to be a big fan) came in. Anyone know any others?

mighty mighty bosstones and cake

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Bumpon10s posted:

Carolla is good friends with Dicky Barrett, so yea. WAAAAAGGHHH. Hearing andersons dicky drops never gets old.

When bad relgion came in Adam was real excited also.

Yeah, i'm listening to 2003-02-26, the day before dicky is on, and anderson keeps playing the drops.

They also love system of a down. Hilarious shows.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

HumanCropcircle posted:

Does anyone have 2001-10-10 (Save Ferris) available for download? I've seen numerous references to it being one of the greatest episodes and haven't had the pleasure of hearing it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'll upload it soon for you. thanks for pointing me at it, I'll be sure to listen after TACS is over

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

HumanCropcircle posted:

Awesome, thanks. I'm really looking forward to this.

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/Loveline%20-%202001-10-10%20(Save%20Ferris).mp3

I forgot to post the link - sorry!

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Bona Weiss posted:

Forgive me if this was already asked, but does anyone have the episode with Leon the Jackass? Or perhaps a date for that show? I see that the episode was mentioned but didn't come across a link.

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/2000/Loveline%20-%202000-05-07.mp3

I believe its there, about 30 mins in

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Fryedegg posted:

Ah, the archives are down until February. I was just getting addicted to this poo poo again too, damnit.

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Ultimos posted:

There already is a Loveline wiki linked to on the very first post in this thread.

http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/

...problem is it looks like it was abandoned soon after its creation 3 years ago, and not anyone can edit it. It might save some time if someone got a hold of that guy and used it as groundwork though.

I'm in the midst of creating one at lovelinecentral.com. It's taking a while for i have university work et al. but this is in the works. Just keep posting episode reviews and I can put them up when the site is done.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Ooh thanks very much everyone. I'm going to try to get the site working tonight.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I'm missing the Clive Barker show, where did you get it? I wanted to hear it :(

Anyways...

You won't see it coming.

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/index.php?search=barker&dir=&searchMode=f

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Judakel posted:

Is there anyway to download these? I can only get them to stream and every time I try to download them I get index.php.
right-click - save as?

otherwise you can strip out the index.php part of the url

or go to http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/YEAR

year can be 1990s, 2000 - 2005

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Grifter posted:

I see there's now a wiki up at lovelinecentral, but I don't see a link to create accounts. What's the word?

A devestating lack of free time has crippled productivity. I'll have a blast at it now for a bit

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

1000 umbrellas posted:

I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet right now that sort of mirrors what the proposed wiki would do. Anyone interested in contributing to it? Here's the format that I'm working with right now (sorry for any table breakage in advance):

AIM is riot for kanada

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/loveline%20-%20freetruman%27s%20update%20to%20puck%27s%20list.xls

someone has already started this. I've created a wiki, but I haven't the time or the know how to configure it. If anybody does, reply to this (no PM) and I'll give them admin on it.

it's at http://www.lovelinecentral.com

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Moist von Lipwig posted:

So Adam finally got kicked off Dancing with the Stars. Kinda sucks.

Right now I'm working on a script to export all my mp3 tags to an excel spreadsheet. Since all my tags are perfect it should work out pretty well.

Also, I had to grab the 1000th post in the thread.

Check my last post. There is already a spreadsheet. It has more than the mp3's we have

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Liface posted:

I'll have a go at configuring it after I turn in this paper I'm writing tomorrow. I've created tons of Wikis before, although why not MediaWiki? I just hate the TikiWiki interface and people are more used to the MediaWiki one.

My hosting had a thing to automatically install it. I'll fire up mediawiki if i can today.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Ok I've created a basic site at lovelinecentral.com . The episodes need added to the database, and 1990's and 2000 episodes have been added. Added a few reviews too. If anyone wants to add to it work away. If the episode hasn't been added to the database, browse to the mp3 directory and there is a "Create Description" button for each file. Just use that. It will hopefully automatically populate the fields, but its worth checking them

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Grifter posted:

I just heard a perfect example of just how fast Adam's humor is. I was listening to the 2003-03-26, with the chick from Save Ferris. She asked Adam if he got married, by asking about his ring. Without missing a beat he replied in the most amazingly laconic way "I won the superbo-oh, THIS ring. Yeah, I got married."
I realize I'm a beggar being a chooser, but are we going to be able to add other topics? I was hoping to have topics where we could do things like make a topic for something like Anderson, explain what he was all about, all that stuff.

Like a separate section just like a loveline encyclopedia? I could do that aye, though I've exams, so not sure when. Anything else you think would be good?

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Grifter posted:

I think Liface had a good point with a MediaWiki. I imagine we all know how to use one, and with that we could create as many categories as we want. Off the top of my head, categories like Loveline Staff, Shows (we could put show reviews in there, and create a template for doing so), Common bits (Ace's Mexican Ranchero Countdown, Lightning Round, etc), Epic Rants. There are lots of options. I'd happily put those categories and templates together, but I don't know a thing about actually installing such a site. I just have lots of free time to contribute. I don't want to make it sound like I'm demanding things, you've already gone above and beyond with what you created. I'm just suggesting.

How about I install a mediawiki in a subdirectory, where people can store other information? The reason i created the site i did is becuase there was no easy way to archive all of the mp3 files with separate software. A wiki would be good for a subdir, and I'll try to fire one up now.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Grifter posted:

That sounds great. I will look forward to wasting company time on it.

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/wiki

Go wild

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Carthag posted:

Gives me a blank page?

http://lovelinecentral.com/wiki/index.php5

dunno why it only works with php5 extension

wierd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

Carthag posted:

Probably DirectoryIndex doesn't have it in your Apache conf (if you use Apache that is)

Edit: Working on a draft based on subscreet's post.

http://lovelinecentral.com/wiki/index.php5?title=2001-04-08

MY idea was that all this could be added into the main site... Just add anything about the episodes. But do whatever you want iwth the wiki

• Locked thread