Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I hope somewhere someone has those 1995-1999 shows. There's a lot of great material there but I think it might be lost in the before recording era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Holy poo poo 19:25 is the source of the "I'm like, 5'12"...almost 6'" line.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The most recent podcast with Ray, Chris, and Donny is probably the best one in a long time. It's a solid hour of reminiscing about they stupid poo poo they used to do and not even a second of Adam going off on awful political rants or anything. I hope they make a few more appearances.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Liface posted:

I have found the Loveline FedEx arrow. Beware: Once you read this, you will hear it every time -

Adam constantly says "is" twice. Like:

"What I'm saying is is"
"My problem is is that..."

He just does it so fast you barely notice it.

Nothing will ever be as bad as when I read a post by someone (I don't think it was in this thread but it may have come up here too) that said to pay extra attention to how often he says "by the way."

Holy poo poo it can get excruciating at times.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

spirited posted:

How long was Adam Carolla studying at the Groundlings before he broke through? His comedy was way too developed to be an outlier without some substantial time spent doing improv. His friends he hung out with have cool stories, but Adam has always seemed to gloss over whatever gently caress ton of ours he spent on his craft.

I think he's said he made it through their program but wasn't brought along as a full member after "graduating" or whatever. I think a lot of it is a natural talent he has to make good references and connections to things no matter what's being talked about. A kind of "conversational intelligence" I guess. It's too bad he has that sperg-like tendency to repeatedly harp on the same topics over and over again as well as the whole forgetting his roots and not understanding that a lot of people just aren't as gifted and driven as he was to bootstrap himself out of a poo poo lifestyle back in the day.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Does anyone offhand remember the date of the episode where a caller reminds Adam/Anderson of the singer from King Missile and there's a long, amazing derail where they play "Detachable Penis" and try to get the caller to say the lines?

I'm pretty sure there was no guest which is why I'm having trouble tracking it down.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

slipped posted:

i remember listening to the show, i believe it was with dag or some other guest. the context was they all had an offensive phrase to say on cue (it might have been something jag related?). hell if i can remember more than that though! sorry :)

That was a long time after the original use. The conversation drifted to all of them picking a catchphrase and Drew couldn't think of anything until Anderson played the rapist drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Arturo Ui posted:

I thought Adam was a bit of a dick to the Violent Femmes (when they left after the first hour). It's just bizarre that they'd be more pissed off at a band that did nothing worse than not talk, and they love Fletcher who vomited on Drew, threatened to blow them up with a hand grenade and barricaded the studio door.

I think some of it is that they like the rest of the band, too. I think there have been a couple times where only part of Pennywise has showed up in addition to the more famous Fletcher incidents, so they must get along really well.

• Locked thread