Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I just heard 2002-04-24 on the stream and I love when that girl calls in and talks about "you can do anything if you put your mind to it" and asks Adam where he gets off telling a 17 year old girl to stop having kids cause she has 2 kids herself and is supporting them full time while having a full time job and going to school full time.

Drew just tears into her and basically calls her a liar.

"Who takes care of your kids while you're at work?"
"My aunt does"
"Well you're not parenting full time"
"How many hours do you go to school?"
"3 hours"
"That's not full time either."

It's amazing. They go into this whole thing about who her kids call "mom".

Edit: I guess we hosed up the bandwidth on the archive site again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Moses posted:

Adam's junior college fixation is hilarious.

Do they put the callers on mute when they are trashing them, because they never seem to react to the criticism...?

I think so. I don't beliebe the callers are well behaved enough to wait their turn so they probably just shut them off while they rant.

I love how it always comes back to "Don't lead a lovely life. If your parents beat you, don't go out and have a kid you can't figure out what to do with. Go out and lead a great life and laugh at your parents. That's how you show them. Have a better life than they did and make fun of them!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

buttcrackmenace posted:

I stopped recording them late in 2000 or 2001, as the stations which were streaming the show were forced to stop for contractual reasons.

I just took a look in my archives. I have less than 2 months worth of files left - dating from 10-31 through 12-19. I am not sure of the year - they've been moved a couple of times, so the original timestamps are lost. I'm not sure whether the recordings are any good... towards the end I was having a difficult time with streams not connecting, or timing out, or having big spots of dead air in them. I'd certainly be willing to post them somewhere once I verify that they aren't complete poo poo. :)

You can probably figure out the years by listening to which guests are on and comparing with the llarchive. If you have some that aren't available, please do share :)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Alexandr posted:

That was absolutely amazing. I've missed having new Adam and Drew shows so badly.

It was really good, but why the gently caress did it have minute long breaks in it? Couldn't they edit those out for the podcast?

"Dr. Killjoy and his crappy AM show" :D

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ramzi posted:

I had the idea, but I'm not sure it exists, and I guess it couldn't hurt to ask here...

Are there any programs that could take an Mp3 and make a text transcript out of it? I know there are voice recognition softwares, and I think we could train it because of how much of Adam's voice we have. Even if it can't do the guests, having a program that could make transcripts of all the episodes would be really useful. I often find myself looking back for a certain call but I don't remember what episode, or what time in the episode, it occurred.

The biggest problem is the interruptions and half-words and such. I think it would probably be more work to sort through a botched transcript than transcribing manually, but it might be worth a try.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

M3wThr33 posted:

Dr. Drew has ALWAYS been known to pick his words very carefully. There may be something to that.

I think it would be much too forward to get ones hopes up based on that comment. Sounds to me like Drew is ad-libbing cause he loves being on air with Adam again, and vice-versa. Doesn't sound like an encoded anouncement of a future co-host-ship of whatever it might be radio show to me.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Getting the podcast now (from here).

Edit: No, it's the old show, I'm pretty sure. Starts at around 7 minutes into the 12:00 thing.

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 8, 2008

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rushmore posted:

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/Loveline%20-%202001-10-10%20(Save%20Ferris).mp3

I forgot to post the link - sorry!

God, this is amazing. Adam's breakdown of how the end of a relationship goes is spot loving on.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I couldn't navigate Adam's site, so here's a direct link I found with Google

http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/870591.mp3

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/

You can probably use that to add episode summaries. It'd be nice to have a short rundown of each show when you're trying to find something specific.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rushmore posted:

I'm in the midst of creating one at lovelinecentral.com. It's taking a while for i have university work et al. but this is in the works. Just keep posting episode reviews and I can put them up when the site is done.

Awesome. Once the archives are back up we can go through the older Loveline threads and grab info from there too.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rushmore posted:

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/loveline%20-%20freetruman%27s%20update%20to%20puck%27s%20list.xls

someone has already started this. I've created a wiki, but I haven't the time or the know how to configure it. If anybody does, reply to this (no PM) and I'll give them admin on it.

it's at http://www.lovelinecentral.com

I'll be glad to give a hand. What needs done?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rushmore posted:

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/wiki

Go wild

Gives me a blank page?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rushmore posted:

http://lovelinecentral.com/wiki/index.php5

dunno why it only works with php5 extension

wierd

Probably DirectoryIndex doesn't have it in your Apache conf (if you use Apache that is)

Edit: Working on a draft based on subscreet's post.

http://lovelinecentral.com/wiki/index.php5?title=2001-04-08

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 5, 2008

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rushmore posted:

MY idea was that all this could be added into the main site... Just add anything about the episodes. But do whatever you want iwth the wiki

Sure. I just like playing with wikis :)

We'll see how this develops I guess, and what kind of manpower there is.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Digged a bit in the forums (basically just looked at each year in GBS to see what started with Loveline) and searched the first couple pages of those threads for links to other threads.

Loveline - A Love Lost (started Aug 07, 2007) - short (3 pages), but has some good quotes
Let's talk about Loveline! (started Jan 18, 2007) - previous incarnation of this thread. 23 pages
Loveline Radio V.2.0 Now with less technical issues! (started Feb 26, 2006) - fan-made show

Found a couple others, but they are just people asking for links to the online streams with no content aside from that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Grifter posted:

It looks like Carthag is already doing some brilliant work with designing standards, the pages we have so far are great. I'll plug away at it tonight.

Well really I just did a rough draft based on subscreet's ideas.

Edit:

Made a template for calls: http://lovelinecentral.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Template:Call
You can see how I used it in the 2001-04-08 show

This also means that the layout is consistent and can be changed easier.

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 6, 2008

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Nice work. I'm gonna work on it a bit more. Anyone else is welcome too, so we can get a good format going.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jagfire posted:

Awesome pictures, thanks for those. But why is Adam's wife ugly? :(

Whaaat she's hot as hell dude.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Holy poo poo those vampiresses are annoying. They're the worst people I've ever heard talk. Are they high or something? Jesus christ. I'm only 11 minutes in and I want to strangle them.

Edit: Glad I kept listening, Adam is starting to piss them off. How dares he disrespect their ridiculous near death stories!

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 11, 2008

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Alexandr posted:

It's called being a good parent. Laissez faire is what Adam's parents pulled and he's not exactly great big fans of them. In Drew's case it was funny because rich semi-Jewish doctor worrying about his kids when he's proven time and time again to be a very big spazz over money. Like a walking stereotype, the poor guy.

Drew really is a caricature of himself at times and I love him for it.

Gotta say though that that is not being a good parent at least not if your kids realize you're freaking out. The trick is for the kids to move out or whatever and suddenly realize you've been making GBS threads bricks for a couple decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

There was one of those on the random stream just the other day.

It was a guest show with that guy from Dumb & Dumber-er I think? If I'm not mixing it up?

The caller was a 15 year old girl who just had a foursome and was afraid that her older female friend (who was with her and the two guys in the foursome) was having the hots for her. Drew & Adam started prodding and they went to bet on age of molestation and it turned out she was molested by an uncle, a friends' father, her babysitter (who was also her neighbor) and the older girl from school (but earlier).

I might be mixing it up though, I was listening pretty much every day at work this week.

• Locked thread