Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!
I'm glad the archives are back up, working my way through 2002 at the moment.
I've pretty much phased out listening to music at work by now, it's Loveline all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

Their advice seems pretty down-to-earth, and I mostly listen for Adam's anecdotes and rants anyhow (his ACLU vs Fundies -rant is pure gold, I can't get enough of it).

As for mocking the callers - well, those they've mocked pretty much earned it. People with stuff going on in the background, people calling for a "friend", outright insane and stupid questions kind of deserve to be mocked for that. It's just radio, and they have to make it entertaining.

But people with serious questions I've found get a serious answer as well, so it's all good.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

Well, that's it.

Listening to Adam summing up my opinions on anime and people who watch it (2004-01-07, about 45 minutes in) not only made my day but convinced me that he is, in fact, a true friend and protector of the well-being of the human species.

May he live a long and rant-filled life.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

meeelting posted:

Okay, so how can I see "The Hammer" from Sweden? :(

Swedish Loveline/Adam fans represent!
I have no idea - I guess we're going to have to start diving through obscure DVD-sections.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

Wow, Ben Stein sure is an old, obnoxious, delusional prick (2005-02-01).

Highlights include:
- There are no poor people in America, life is great!
- Those who consider themselves poor are just depressed and should realize how great everything is!
- The rest of the world is a cesspool, including Europe, when compared to even the worst ghettos in the US.
- Eating a loving pizza during half the show, but still keeps on talking!

Also, having the most monotone, dull voice I've ever heard doesn't help either.
Sadly, I'm seeing the light at the end of the Loveline tunnel as I'm almost halfway through the archive, so I'm trudging through episodes no matter how bad the guest are.

gimpfarfar fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 3, 2008

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

The Pantheon posted:

Rabbi Schmuley was a riot. He has this gentle sensibility and took Aceman's jokes and ran with them completely.

Anyway check this, didn't see it in this thread (?) so I thought I'd let it out:

How to be a Genius Without Even Trying: A Conversation with Adam Carolla

LA Times columnist Meghan Daum deconstructed Adam's sense of humour in a (positive! :-O) article, now he's agreed to come and speak with her at some cultural center.

Everything from "life hammer" rants to junior colleges. 59 minutes :-D

Holy poo poo, she is annoying. Is she supposed to be a journalist? She sounds like just a regular, messed up Loveline caller. Gladly, Adam talks a lot - thanks for this!

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

KLOWWN posted:

I cant remember the number of the show but they got a call about someone asking about hives and everytime the caller or Adam and Drew mentioned hives Anderson would drop The Hives intro to Walk Idiot Walk that he sometimes played when coming back from a break. Sounds kinda poo poo reading about it but it was loving hilarious cause it went on for I think like 5-10 mins popping in and out and adam would eventually lose it everytime he heard it.

Also Adams metaphors are loving golden.

I remember that, it was awesome :)
Downloading the vampiresses-episode now, should be interesting.

On that note, can anyone recommend a good (or the best) guest-free show?
There's a few people that's voiced interest in the show, and I'd like a nice show to introduce them to Loveline with. Preferably without too many over-the-top racist rants.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

Carthag posted:

Holy poo poo those vampiresses are annoying. They're the worst people I've ever heard talk. Are they high or something? Jesus christ. I'm only 11 minutes in and I want to strangle them.

Edit: Glad I kept listening, Adam is starting to piss them off. How dares he disrespect their ridiculous near death stories!

I like how Anderson starts getting pissed off too, though passive-aggressively. The "You're Insane!"-drop has never been more appropriate.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

I have to recommend 2003-05-08 (No Guest).
The day before Drew's hernia surgery, and pretty much all the callers are totally insane. Solid entertainment all the way through!

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

Bona Weiss posted:

I'm late into this I guess but - is the Loveline Shoutcast channel gone?

Holy poo poo, for 2 years now I've listened to this every night in the shower, while working out, getting ready for work in the morning... It's gone? Forever?

I was streaming from there not 12 hours ago.

I'm streaming from http://challenger.phil21.net:8000/ as I'm posting this - not sure if that's the one you meant, but it works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

Bona Weiss posted:

Random Loveline! Yes, that's the one! Why is it though that my bookmark of the station doesn't work, nor does searching it through Shoutcast.com?

Thanks so much for the link!

No problem!

I have no idea, though. Never visited Shoutcast.com - I found the link through this thread I think, on this page:

http://loveline.phil21.net/

• Locked thread