Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I was listening to the 2/18/03 episode and it ends on such an insane note. The call seems like a desperate plea for rescue from abuse and the caller is interrupted and there's a scary sounding guy in the background telling him to hang up, and the caller sounds really scared. Adam goes into super hero mode and they start to trace the call...check it out, it's right at the end of the episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Malachi Constant posted:

Okay, you all got me curious, so here's a transcript as well as I can make it out.

Wow, thanks for doing that! I'm glad I sparked this discussion. I thought that he said this is his son, but that doesn't make sense...I guess he misspoke and meant this is (my son) or (his father).

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

mfaley posted:

As for Adam "jumping into super hero mode", I don't really see any of that. If anything, they underreacted and chalked it up to a prank call.

It's in the way he responds to the guy asking who it is. It's a really stern This is Loveline, who's this. It's more of a feeling, he seems to get really serious for a second like he's ready to protect someone. Maybe it's just me, I was listening to it while I slept and I was half awake.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

j8910 posted:

Did you hear the episode of the TACS where Penn Jillette totally destroys his argument? He stopped bringing it up after that.

man I really wanna hear/read that

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Link for the lazy would be Aces

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Youtube link for the lazy

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Listening to the 5-12-2002 episode with 3rd strike, and there's this really funny/pathetic call with this one chick about 30 minutes in:

She brings up Gender dysphoria, and prompts Drew to kinda disappoint me by his dismissal of that condition. Adam I can understand because he's Adam, but for a doctor to just disregard that condition makes me kinda shake my head.

Anyway, the main point is that she had me laughing my rear end off when she asks if there's such a thing as RACIAL dysphoria, and says she's white but she's always felt Japanese :keke:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 23, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Paul Kersey posted:

Anyone catch Adam on the Jay Leno Show? He was surprisingly pretty funny. He's usually not very good in those situations.

what? He's usually a great talk show guest, it allows him to react instead of having to make up his own stuff.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Brekelefuw posted:

Bryan does have insurance, but his provider refused to cover the medicine he needed.

Seriously though, I can't believe people are complaining about $2. No matter how poor you are, you could get that money. I hate to use the public broadcasting/christian children's fund saying, but its one cup of coffee.
You could ask people on the street and have $2 in 30 minutes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
yeah I think a lot of the people bitchin about the podcast are just being picky faggots who don't know what the gently caress they're on about but that particular episode was super bad and uncomfortable.

edit: stop saying jump the shark by the way, it's the most overused cliche crap.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
My favorite part of reading this thread is getting reccomendations for cool loveline episodes, so thanks Solarin, I now have something to listen to for at least three nights. Getting the heads up on kenneth's first appearance was pro as well. It's hard to sift through all million years of eps, so its good to have others do it for me.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If I knew more about the situation and had heard him talking about this break thing I would be the one to call, somebody please do it I am super curious.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

UltraRed posted:

They both have the same intro music and it's really hard to tell which one you're listening to until you're about a minute in.

Yeah I am really getting loving tired of Rascal King...christ do the intro and outro have to be so long? wish there was a way to preset all podcasts to skip them. Do I have to listen to the whole thing before my ipod counts it as done and automatically takes it off my pod?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Colombian, unless he was from DC or BC or something. By the way he was some crazy wacky anomoly not the usual colombian.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Dr Drew responds all the time, you should try it. He responded to me when I asked something, its pretty cool.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

EnsGDT posted:

awesome

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I am driving to vegas and need my loveline fill, so thanks for the recommendations...I am sad that I can't use the good ol archive now though :(

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Today's Adam Carolla Podcast with Kevin Nealon filling in was either a trainwreck or subtly brilliant, but either way it was hilarious. The best part starts with Kevin Nealon calling up Super Dave Osborne, who was actually supposed to be calling in to the show 10 minutes later. I'm glad I was working by myself today, because about the third time he asks Super Dave "are you on a cell phone?" I completely lost it. I really couldn't tell if he was loving with him the entire time or just most of the time.

I had the same thought, it was either terrible or some kind of weird meta comedy, but either way I couldn't loving stand it and had to shut it off. I always roll my eyes and think goons are spergaliciously overreacting when they say they do that, but this one was just so loving terrible, whether ironically or not, that I could not stand it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

The pHo posted:

Awesome F-Bomb by Piven at 58:50 or so on 07/14/2004, made even better by the fact they thought Anderson had caught it. Glad the recordings are made outside of LA (find out later that the LA stream was caught, everywhere else wasn't). Always my favorite bits.

Yeah and I think after that he did it AGAIN

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

spirited posted:

Misty, Tammy, Angel, and especially Cammy are the ones that I have a vivid recall of Adam explicitly mentioning. In fact, I can hear Adam verbatim in my head say "Show me a Cammy, and I'll show you a BJ." If I sat and tried to take a mental sample of the people I've known in my life it's spot on in accuracy, but like most Loveline assumptions Adam was just relying on his incredible social knowledge. I would definitely like to back up more claims made on the show, because Adam knew inside and out the youth trash of America.

How could you forget Crystal? Having that name is as good as a life sentance in white trashitude

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
so Drew has been saying the male birth control pill is going to come out soon for about 10 years now, does he ever get tired of being wrong?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Liface posted:

Considering he's right about EVERY OTHER THING HE TALKS ABOUT, you should cut him a break.

uh did you think I was being serious?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It must suck to have such weak baby ears that you guys can only hear the most gentle of sounds lest you poop yourselves

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Omnicarus posted:

Glad to see that the show's mainstay of rape hilarity continued uninterrupted today. At this point I really just wish they would group it all together at the end so that as soon as I hear it mentioned I can just click on something else to listen to rather than skim through the rest of the podcast with the hope that a less juvenile topic comes up.

THIS IS WONDERFUL

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
That was the adam carolla podcast, I think it was the one with william macdonald

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 25, 2010

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Liface posted:

...no. Where did you hear that?

He posted that in his twitter, but I guess he was kidding

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Hormones posted:

On April 1.

Right but he said something like Hey, I'm leaving loveline, it's been fun!

April Fools! I was actually fired.

So it was a little nebulous.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
well is he intentionally making fun of carolla maybe? Or is he trying to act like it's his own thing?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
There were actually two sets of winners who both gave 15,000, the episode with the other couple is a constant source of poo poo from Adam due to Drew telling them on the air that they didn't know where their money was going.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
god I was laughing so hard when he was talking to the apparently semi retarded girl whose boyfriend wanted to kick her ex's rear end for beating her.

"Stop hitting my tumor, boyfriend!"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Majorian posted:

Jon Hamm is always funny. I think it helps that he's perfect at being deadpan and keeping a straight face.

very important for a podcast

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JohnnyDangerously posted:

I love Daniel Tosh, but I don't think he was very good. This isn't to say that he wouldn't have gotten a lot more comfortable in the role as time went on like Adam did, but those 4 episodes he did were kinda meh. The first three episodes he did comedy bits that I've seen on comedy central, and the fourth episode he was so busy trying to work the board that he couldn't get a word in edgewise. He's funny, but he's definitely better off on Tosh.0

human being better-run!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Am I missing some sort of sarcasm? IF I am sorry for being retarded, but for the last two shows Adam has called Glen Beck an idiot for trying to base his rally on MLK and hung up on Ann Coulter and called her a bitch. Where are you guys getting this poo poo?

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP5jQRxLpy4

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Brekelefuw posted:

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=2863&h=NTUwZjA1ZGU

This episode has some great moments in the last 40 minutes or so.
Drew gets Adam to light his farts, which occur every 5 minutes or so. Adam of course has to stop the show to announce and get the studio lights turned off.
Then Adam smells something and thinks it is his fart, but it turns out that Drew let a really smelly one go and Drew can't stop laughing about it.

thanks for this...one of my favorite parts of this thread is getting recommendations from people for shows I may have missed in the thousands of episodes there are, I'm gonna enjoy this.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Nobody really talks about the other shows on the Ace Broadcast Network, maybe that's too far removed from the original topic. I just wanted to mention that my favorite show on the network by a big margin is This Week with Larry Miller. It's awesome, he's so likable and has such great stories, it's just too bad it's usually only around half an hour long. His story about getting a hooker with a bunch of mobsters was loving great.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Jubs posted:

Daniel Tosh was the best.

"ow, stop hitting my tumor, boyfriend!"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Carson Daly was Jimmys assistant...Kimmel is a kingmaker!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Adam was on jay and silent bob get old, and it was pretty funny listening to him try to keep himself in the game while Jay had pretend sex with people onstage

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Bobby Malone posted:

No, I'm not a Mormon.

Are you a Mormon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Riptor posted:

Anyone know what episode?

It was one of the Daniel tosh ones, after Adam had left and they were tryin out potential hosts

• Locked thread