Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Was listening to some old loveline episode and they mention a video that someone did that animated Adam's Chief Thunderbear skits. I thought it was fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxSuTl-A8SI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Cached version here, no mention of the recent downtime. He just bought an SSD a few months back to resolve performance issues.

The main site is up, just the loveline subdomain is down.

I've just been playing random tracks from the other loveline archive in the mean time.
http://loveline-archive.info/loveline/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I just noticed that the loveline-archive.info site has this notice:

quote:

Update (2/12/2010): The way I've been hosting this may not be viable anymore. With the growing amount of traffic and content, a dedicated server might be required. If this is the case, I might have to ask for donations to keep the site up. I'll put a PayPal donate button here if that's the case. I'd need to come up with about $120 a month for the server (and donors would of course be given shell access!). I should know within the week if that'll be required.

Hopefully, that site doesn't disappear as well. I might figure out how to setup my dedicated server with a limited stream for a few goons.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Anyone here good with Shoutcast? I'm trying to setup a new Loveline stream on my dedicated server and having issues installing Shoutcast and AutoDJ. PM me if you can help.

My work is getting very boring without the soothing, nasally voice of Adam playing in the background.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I'm really missing Phil's Random Loveline stream so I set up a new one. It's currently streaming old Loveline episodes from 1995-2005.

I'd like to test it with a few people first so if some of you want to use the stream PM me and I'll give you the URL. I'll be tinkering with it a bit so it may be up and down in the next few days.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Everything looks good so far for the stream.

The stream is setup at http://www.lovelinestream.com. Click the Play icon to play.
There's 25 listeners max but I will up the limit as needed.

I need some help weeding out any unlistenable episode or particularly short or poor quality audio files. If you find any that need to be removed PM me or email me at the contact on the site. Suggestions are always welcome as well.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

2000-08-30 is unedited has commercials ect. I don't know your opinion on unedited shows but I will post every one I hear if you don't want want them and there has been a few played already.

Thank, I can edit them out pretty easily so thanks for the heads up.

CaptainJuan posted:

Suggestion: play a random drop under 10 seconds long between episodes.

I could put drops in between episodes, but I think I would have to built a playlist manually in shoutcast and then insert them in between episodes. If anyone knows how to do it while in random mode that would probably be ideal.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ChaosMonkey posted:

Hey, I have that one! It's:

Loveline - 2000-09-04 - No Guest (Worst Gas Ever)

Just queued that one up to play next. Hopefully it works right.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BradleyJamers posted:

Agreed, Bruce has more personality than Drew, so it leads to interesting situations where Bruce will stand up for something, unlike Drew which folds most the time.

Thanks for the stream BorderPatrol, I miss the old one, and I even donated to him :( I'll do the same for you if you need it.

I originally was crushed when Phil's stream went down. I listened to his stream 6+ hours a day (I have to use noise cancelling headphones at work) so I was pretty bummed when it never returned after so many months. I wanted the setup the stream for myself only, but figured some of you goons might want it too.

Luckily I have a few websites that make me enough money to cover all my hosting costs by the end of the month, so hosting an additional site is essentially free. Besides, I wouldn't want to accept any kind of money for something that is a copyright grey-area at best.

BTW, if you haven't noticed on the bottom of the page there's some text that shows the current episode playing along with the number of listeners. It's been growing the last few days and have been hitting 20+ concurrent users. My shoutcast limit is 25 so if there's more than 25 listeners you may not be able to connect. If we keep hitting over 25 listeners I'll bump that up to 50 but it cost me more monthly to do so.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

The 1999-11-24 episode of Loveline just came up on the stream - the interview with students from Columbine, its an interesting piece of history but loving depressing as hell. I'd probably pull that and the 9/11 episode from the rotation, they're interesting but definitely not funny. If people want them you can get them easily from http://loveline-archive.info/ but its certainly not the easy listening that I think most people want from the stream.

Yeah, I heard that too and it bummed me out so I removed it.

I got indexed on google so we've been hitting the 25 listener limit frequently now. I'll bump the limit to 50 at the beginning of the month.

Also, can we get the stream added to the OP? This thread is the #3 hit in Google.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Judakel posted:

Adam can only do one thing right: Make fun of stoned teenagers.

Listen up you screwball: Stop having kids!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BradleyJamers posted:

3 kids, lives with her junkie boyfriend who abuses her and doesn't use birth control. Now I'm never wrong here Drew, jew?

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhocking

Ah, good times :)

What ever happened to Boobville?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Phone posted:

2000-02-19 is poo poo audio that is just No Doubt and Dave Matthews Band.

I was listening to it and it sounds fine, but then I noticed there's about 25 minutes of music at the end of the episode so I'll clip that out, thanks.

I need to find a program for OSX that will list mp3 files by length, but I'm not finding much.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I pulled everything from http://www.loveline-archive.info

I checked out a few of the problem files on http://www.llarchive.com and they seem to be the same anyways.

I can't firgure out how to listen to anything on LovelineTapes.com

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 25, 2010

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A terrible, terrible thing happened last night. I tried to have Adam lull me to sleep by listening to his soothing voice on the stream and the number of connections was maxed out. I was muscled out of my own stream. :(

I bumped the max users up to 50 now so hopefully everyone can listen.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Strange Matter posted:

Streaming:

2000-02-2x (Girl fantasizes about Sonic the Hedgehog)

:wtc:

I'm going to be glued to the stream for this.

Lol, listening to it right now. Audio is terrible but sounds like it may be interesting.

BTW, a whole 2 days after I doubled the max connections, we've maxed those out too. The site got indexed in Google so we got a lot of new listeners :)

There may be some troubles connecting if the stream is full. I'll need to find some funds to increase the limit or move the host again (which I don't want to do).

Stats!

From 04/13/10 at 21:39:27 until now a total of 30366 connections were made to the server, 4609 hours were played and 121.11 GB traffic was made.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 28, 2010

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

This morning around 7:30 CST, it sounded like a really early episode was playing. It had Riki Rachtman alongside Drew. I don't know what the general consensus is, but I through it was quite awful. Any chance to remove the episodes before Adam was picked up?

I'm guessing it was this one?
07:22:33 Loveline - Loveline-1995-05-15cf - Paul Stanley - incomplete

I'll probably be working on that this weekend, alongside going through the incomplete and poor quality episodes.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdZ9eTztAcA

BTW we're starting to hit over 500 unique listeners a day :woop:

Plus, I got a really nice email from someone very grateful for the stream :shobon:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It's definitely from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I thought it was Maps, but I dont think it is.

EDIT: It's Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Y Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjPFAV1foU#t=01m10s

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 11, 2010

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If you guys wanna know what episode is playing or recently played on the stream, you can check it out here. It also lists the current episode playing on the bottom of the main page.

The stream is always full now, I'm trying to get more slots opened up without doubling my hosting rates. Might drop the bitrate a bit to do it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My host was generous enough to drop the bitrate from 64kbps to 48kbps and double my listener limit, so everyone should be able to listen now. I can't tell any difference in the sound, so enjoy!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BinaryW00kie posted:

Thanks again for doing this. Works great from home, but sadly my work blocks that streaming port for whatever reason.

Do the block the port on the site, or that port in general?

You could try http://welp.im:8135 , it's the same stream.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

drat NIGGA posted:

I know you posted this before, but just to make sure people know:

You can listen on your iPhone and probably iPod touch and iPad!

Also, Tunewiki or Streamfurious on the Android works great for it!

The stream is a standard Shoutcast stream and it's also in the Shoutcast directory, so anything that supports it will work. I have my Chumby play Loveline at night, just like old times :3:

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 14, 2010

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Welp, we hit the 100 listener limit today already :suicide:

Although we're hoving around 40-60 listeners average so it's not all bad ... for now.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

chemosh6969 posted:

Thanks for this. I also noticed a second loveline stream.

http://www.yourmuze.fm/node/36292

Yup, that's the stream for all current live shows.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It would have had Oswaldo though :(

Supposed to be a single-camera setup as well a la The Office or Sunny though, so it might have been pretty cool.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 17, 2010

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Yo dog I heard you like Loveline so I put a stream in your stream so you can listen while oh god why did I just do that?

I put a flash player on the main page for the Loveline Stream site so you don't need to download Winamp or anything if you want to use the stream. Great for pissing off the boss!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ATLbeer posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm eternally grateful for what they have given us but, I'm just insanely curious as to what the origin story is. If anyone actually knows.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/faq/

"Super Fan" Giovanni posted:

Shortly after I discovered the TV show I discovered the much superior radio show which at the time was syndicated on 100.7 the buzz in Wa state, this must have been sometime in 1997 or so.

I then began archiving mp3's of the show in late 98 and have been doing it ever since, I have been working in and around various online communities since the late 90's, I remember exchanging old mp3's on the original Napster, Audiogalaxy, too many gnutella clients to name and many other different P2P programs, I've been using the DC++ hub since the early days and would frequent all the old LL ftp's (kevin U's, lovelinehamandcheez, etc.) I used to love downloading from the Lovelinearchive (RIP) and worked on Lovelinecentral (RIP) with Adam D. and rush before it was closed down.

In the past few years my efforts have been dedicated to finding old tapes and then transferring them, I have a unique setup for the process and very specific settings, it results in the best sounding shows yet to be released, It takes me about 3-4 weeks on average for 100 shows but I have done 200 in less than 6 weeks before, these old fan made recordings are the last hope we have of ever completing the archive, if you're reading this and have any tapes please email me ASAP.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 19, 2010

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I stopped having money to host that, sorry guys. I don't have anywhere to put it now.

PM me or email it to getiton@fluxity.com

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

EnsGDT posted:

Anyone listening to this bestiality call on the random stream? A caller is describing a woman blowing a giraffe and it's amazing.

2001-01-09 with dr spaz

Oh dear god, I couldn't get to sleep listening to that last night. All the while Adam was trying to get the guy to go into more details with what was going on and Dr. Spaz was having none of it, just kept saying that the guy was sick and to stop talking to him.

The part where he was describing how the chick would get into a bay under the animal, like the kind you'd find at a jiffy lube ...

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Haha, stream right now is great. Episode is 2002-06-02 (Guest - Kennedy) .

Drew and Kennedy are talking over Adam, Adam is getting pretty annoyed.
Caller calls in to ask Adam specifically a question about religion, and Kennedy and Drew start answering it. Adam gets pissed and takes off for a few questions. He just came back and is drinking on the air and is telling them that everyone talking isn't working.

Pissed Adam is the best Adam.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

bloodynose posted:

LovelineStream is down :/

Thanks for the heads up, sometimes the stream shits itself and needs to be restarted.

Back up!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Watommi posted:

Wasn't Jimmy just some random local radio show personality at the time? Yeah he got Adam a start, but no one outside LA really listened to Loveline before Adam made it actually funny anyways right?

Jimmy was "Jimmy the Sports Guy" at KROQ in LA, and Adam was brought in to do his "Mr. Birchum" bits.

I still have my 1996 "Christmastime in the LCB" cassette with them both on there doing their respective skits.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The stream currently has the show with the people against the morning-after pill and right to life members.

This is uncomfortable.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I fixed the flash player on the site to one that isn't a pile of poo poo and crashes all the time.

Listen without Winamp! Bring down your company's network!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Premium Account posted:

I remember the site requiring less navigation than that (you simply clicked a year and the episodes were shown as one long list). But I guess it serves the same purpose.

Thanks.

http://llarchive.com/

Any browser that supports HTML5 should stream it automatically.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

LFoD posted:

Pro-tip: Open the shoutcast stream and in-page feed. Twice the loveline, all Adam, all the time. Its beautiful.

Please don't kill my poor server :(

This is why the stream is maxed at night, isn't it?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

bloodynose posted:

Man BorderPatrol,
I love the stream, but the volume difference between shows is madness sometimes. Any chance you could run it all through mp3gain or something to normalize it all?

Yeah, it's kinda bugging me too. I'll try to do what I can, but it's 50gb of files so it's gonna take me a while. I'll start it up today and hopefully I can get them uploaded again over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alright, just got done normalizing all the audio fro the stream. I'll re-upload it over the weekend, so there may be some glitches or downtime with the stream in the meantime.

• Locked thread