Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I started getting into Loveline due to the SA thread as I'd never heard of it (Brit Goon) and loved it, except it did what I'm sure happens to most people.. turned me into a drunken rear end in a top hat who started disecting 'odd' relationships of friends. Luckily not whilst they were around, but at parties and stuff. I hope none of them ever heard about it, because everything I said rang true according to the gospel of Drew.

But now things are much worse, after a recent batch of TACS/LL, I've gotten those two words into my non-stop vocabulary.

Good. Times.

The fact that Adam uses it in good and bad situations just doubles up how often I say it. It's only been the last week or two, but it's there, constantly. Normal talking, emails, SMS, it doesn't matter... goddamn you Adam Carolla, my friends probably wonder what the gently caress is up with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope they didn't play 'Teenage Suicide' ;)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bender posted:

He was also a terrible promotion whore, turning unrelated conversations around to his movie just so he could mention the title. What a douche.

Was that when he was promoting Mysterious Skin? That was an awesome movie that needed everyone involved to promote the hell out of it, given the topic it dealt with (was never going to reach mainstream attention). I like JGL, he's a good actor and seems a nice enough guy.. just poss not the best person to give advice ;)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm listening to the 1999-05-06 Dixie Chicks show, and Adam discussing an upcoming show, Adam said 'If you like Dixie Chicks, you'll love the Insane Clown Posse.'

Isn't this a line that someone like Zack Galifiankis or Patton Oswalt does? It's really familiar. Adam definitely wasn't referencing something old, sounds like he's been ripped a wee bit.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Criticize all the carpentry at the party, and take a ruler with you that goes: 5'8" 5'9" 5'10" 5'11" 5'12" 6'0" 6'1"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Today's TACS is a pretty good one;

The 3 hour TACS podcast keeps me going through work, just a shame it's split into 10 parts or so and copies to my USB key in a random order. Yesterday's was fun and quite bizarre as Adam and Teresa tried to replace random words with 'rape' for the first hour. Also had an interview with my countryman Joe Calzaghe which was nice.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Love the Ace Man, but agreed with his acting abilities. He's so much better 'off the cuff', I still haven't been able to finish The Hammer.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maarak posted:

Nearly everyone on TWiT connects via skype, and they manage to sound better than the people in Carolla's warehouse.

Not sure how they do it now, but back in the old days they used to just use skype for the sync, and everyone would record locally on $500 Tascam field recorders or similar. But yeah, TWiT is a great sounding show, and looking at the video for the Artie Lange podcast shows exactly why Adam's sounds like poo poo. (2 guys on a sofa, no mics in site (unless they're lapelled, i'm waiting for it to buffer) and no headsets on.

Nice sign tho.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Paul Kersey posted:

Looking forward to hearing Jay Leno on the CarCast. Jay is infinitely more likable when talking about cars.

He was the guest on Top Gear this week, in case you didn't hear.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just listened to 2004-01-04 and Anderson missed an s-bomb by Nate the caller at around 1hr05. Don't think I've heard many (if any) others sneak through, he was always pretty good at getting them. Neither Dru or Adam reacted either, so they all must've misheard him.

("not gonna let me go rob a liqueur store or some poo poo like that")

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Awesome F-Bomb by Piven at 58:50 or so on 07/14/2004, made even better by the fact they thought Anderson had caught it. Glad the recordings are made outside of LA (find out later that the LA stream was caught, everywhere else wasn't). Always my favorite bits.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I totally forgot Carolla had a guest part on the Sarah Silverman Program as a guy with a terrible stick on beard. Your disguise doesn't fool me, Carolla.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can't believe that security camera footage showed up, even better because I never got around to listening to the audio only version. I wasn't even sure it was going to be the infamous episode until the very end. Brilliant stuff!

The PSAs sure are awful, I now see what they were complaining about. Presuming it was the studio feed they used (hence engineer call in, pips etc) do the local affiliates just dump advertising over some of those, or did everyone get that feed? It'd drive me up the wall every night (UK radio ads are terrible too, and just as repetitive, hence I've barely listened to anything since the mid 90s...)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

e: all sorted, so I apologise for bumping the thread now!

To not make it useless for at least one person, here's the Pennywise incident on security camera that was uploaded a few years ago. Definitely been in the thread before, but I doubt everyone knows it exists and it's a fun watch of sorts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uWgQfYO7aI

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 2, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My dad installed something similar in his Cortina back in the 80s - just a little switch in the passenger footwell that disabled the ignition if it wasn't set correctly. Super basic immobiliser I guess!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Insane Clown Posse. In their own special way.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, given the whole easily understood backlash against Drew... him not taking a wage for Loveline is pretty commendable.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Amber Rose is someone who, in early 2015, Facebook trends thought I needed to hear about every movement. I had no idea who she was then, and still don't. I've never heard anyone in the real world mention her name.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Errr is it just me or has the classic podcast committed harikiri, at least on iTunes? Cos I'm getting nothing now. Giovanni is the kind of crybaby to pull the cord for no real reason, but might just be a technical error or something?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The feed view should be showing all the archive though, and the cover photo has gone too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The man truly is such a giant arse.

• Locked thread