Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
The Random Loveline feed is nothing but bleeps and bloops right now - must be a corrupted MP3.

Losing it made me realize how much I listen to it during the work day. What do I do now? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer
Ha, the 5'12" guy is on the Random Loveline stream right now. Ha ha haaaa. He 'crouches over the toilet like a baseball catcher.'

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Final Corolla Loveline on right now on the Random Loveline stream.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Get it on, everybody, get it on.

This is the golden age of Carolla Radio. 24 hour Loveline, near-daily podcasting, hell yeah. Enjoy it while it lasts, people. :)

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

exponentory posted:

Do we have a photograph yet of Adam's Dad with his afro in his double laced jeans wearing his platforms?

The Loveline the other day was had Adam talking about video of him climbing on the desk in the Westwood studios and stomping a thermostat in the studio.

Anyone seen this?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

gouge away posted:

:siren:Stryker has been kicked off Loveline!!!:siren:

It'll be just Dr. Drew and Anderson from now on, and according to the person who listened last night when they announced it, Stryker was so bummed he left the show half way through. I will actually start listening again now, I have really missed Dr. Drew Live since it went off the air, and honestly, they should have just made Loveline Dr. Drew and Anderson after Adam left.

I know it's not nice to gloat, but really, gently caress Stryker.

I love how, in a thread titled Loveline, none of us bother to listen to the current xtra-lovely Loveline and huge news like this is only available second-hand as hearsay. :)

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Binton posted:

Oooooh I just heard on Loveline tonight that Adam is coming back to do a week or so of shows in the near future. Rockin.

Mom and Dad are getting back together?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When the first "Get it on!" dropped, I was loving jazzed. I spent years listening to these guys and to have it back, if even for one week, is wonderful.

Christmas has come early this year.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

UltraRed posted:

I miss old Loveline :( It was really was a unique program.

Ain't that the truth. Being able to tune in, night after night, always something new and always the potential for something brilliant to appear.

Good times.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jubs posted:

I was just listening to the 06-02-2002 episode of Loveline with Kennedy as the special guest. She really should have replaced Adam when he left Loveline.

Kennedy, like the VJ Kennedy? Isn't she even more of a knee-jerk conservative than Adam?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, 47 listeners to the loveline stream right now with Ron Livingstone. Good times.

You, the goon who resurrected this, you are awesome.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You're fat.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PR Flax posted:

"We are not going to comment on outlandish and laughable allegations from nearly 30 years ago," said Valerie Allen. "Dr. Drew has done so much for so many and deserves more respect."

There was also this from Pinsky's agent:

"I have known and worked with Dr. Drew off and on for 19 years and I've never heard of anything so preposterous in my life," said John Ferriter. "All I see is a guy who helps people both on and off camera who have problems and the fact that anyone one would make these accusations about him would make me call into question those accusations and the people who are making them. I would also question their motivation for making such claims. Dr. Drew's 25 years of service speaks for itself."

These don't sound like outright denials. Just bluster.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BorderPatrol posted:

Thanks for the heads up, sometimes the stream shits itself and needs to be restarted.

Back up!

Right on! Just in time for the "Our guests are never impressed" rant. Batting cage? Not impressed. Korn on tomorrow? *sniff sniff*

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BorderPatrol posted:

Jimmy was "Jimmy the Sports Guy" at KROQ in LA, and Adam was brought in to do his "Mr. Birchum" bits.

I still have my 1996 "Christmastime in the LCB" cassette with them both on there doing their respective skits.

Rip that poo poo toot sweet.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Mmm... just sitting here, thinking about the Holocaust.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Random Stream: Adam's example of 'club clothes' was a tube top and culottes.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

racecardriver posted:

Anyone know the date of the show with the "Brian's penis" call where the guy creates voices for his balls? Drew dubs him the "best Loveline caller ever" or something as well.

Would a YouTube work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBarx9MdyD4

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

I'm currently listening to the span of shows around July 03 where Drew sings the lyrics of that goddamn rap song whenever they come back from break. So horrible.

Is all is right is all is right un da kizzar a doo a doo a goozgoozee is mah kizzar is all is right!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The random stream just had 'cuticle talk' and then cut to a caller that was sound asleep on the phone. No snoring, just that solid heavy breathing that means he's out. Really a great moment. 2002-06-05

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Omnicarus posted:

Glad to see that the show's mainstay of rape hilarity continued uninterrupted today. At this point I really just wish they would group it all together at the end so that as soon as I hear it mentioned I can just click on something else to listen to rather than skim through the rest of the podcast with the hope that a less juvenile topic comes up.

You're fat.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Omnicarus posted:

I only meant that some people in this thread seem to worship Adam, like a golden calf1 if you will. While they themselves lead continue their normal lives, they idolize Adam Carolla as an average man's avenue to straight forward, and occasionally crude, humor dealing with current events. This led me to put forward an idea that if they saw Adam in person they would experience a sudden sexualization of their idolization and respond by ejaculating/orgasming before they could control themselves. Since this is generally frowned upon by society, it would be embarrassing. I thought this would be funny since it was both a semi-hostile comeback to what I perceived as insults and incorporated the crude humor typically seen on the show. I am sorry if it did not translate well.

Anderson, write that down wouldja? Go-ld-en ca-lf. You know what I always say Drew? It takes all kinds. It really does.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Strange Matter posted:

Violent J is simultaneously the best and worst guest ever.

Pennywise vomits on air, chases people around trying to vomit on them, and... well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdAkEdczikw

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Liface posted:

http://www.adamdrew.com/carts.jpg

I still never understood how Mike was so fast with the drops. Presumably he'd have to take the cassettes out and play them somewhere, right?

The carts here are different from the old common cassette tapes in a couple of ways...

They were inserted horizontally, pretty much just like you'd see here. There's no turning or flipping, in-out, like an Atari 2600 or top-loading NES.
If you kept the cart audio always on, you could easily put a cart in and press play in under a second, especially if you've literally done this 1000 times or more.
The tapes were Mobius strips so there was never a need to rewind or queue.

As long as no one came in and rearranged things on him, I could see how this could be done.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Liface posted:

That's good info, thanks. Are you an engineer?

I wonder if they're still using the same system or if Anderson had his drops computerized towards the end of the Carolla days.

Nope, just a radio guy. Broadcasting a baseball game tonight. :w00t:

Almost all stations are computerized except the very smallest. It saves sooooo much work, from queuing up tunes to generating reports.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The first caller on the first show after September 11, 2001 had a smoke detector going off.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

habanero walrus posted:

Adam Curry is a total douchebag. Just download any random episode of No Agenda and this becomes immediately clear.

This is the long blonde curly haired guy, right? Cause I logged onto his loving Gopher site, bitches.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I swear to god that the only place I hear about Ontario, California is on this program. Repeatedly.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

NotWearingPants posted:

The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are mostly satire. Carolla doesn't do satire. A Fox/Carolla comedy show would fail for the same reason that all conservative comedy fails: watching a narcissistic idiot bitch and whine about the stupid liberals isn't funny.

Satire probably isn't reciprocal, just because it works in one direction is zero indication if it'll work in another. That Shouty Talk Radio method is another that only works in one direction.

e: does a kizzer, a wizzer a zu zu dee.

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 1, 2010

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BorderPatrol posted:

A fan of the stream who owns an internet streaming company contacted me and is helping me get setup with a new server. I'll be able to increase the stream bitrate and have no cap on listeners now and it'll be around the same price I'm paying now. :woop:

Hopefully I'll be setup sometime next week.

Fantastic news. Love the stream.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bamm Bamm posted:

CNN's Headline News. It's like if CNN and Access Hollywood had a half-retarded child.

Are you a Mormon?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Human Tornada posted:

I was listening to some old Loveline shows (around 1-23-01) and he mentions that the program director told him to not abuse the callers, not to tell stories or go on rants, and told Anderson to cool it with the drops.

Wasn't it pretty much Adam's personality and chemistry with Drew that made the show a huge success?

Welcome to Radio Management.

e: Dammit

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The stream had a zoo-o-phile or whatever it's call - a dog fucker - yesterday. Adam had started the show complaining about being hungover, but perked up when this guy called.

I don't know that they ever got to his question, but Producer Ann was pissed at that dude, jumping into the conversation, say she hoped he'd get 'sodomized by an elephant'. Adam kept asking about breeds (If I went dog-gay, (The caller's Akita/Shepherd mix) is what I'd choose.) and whether or not the caller would pay extra to be reamed by Adam's 'virgin' dog. Fantastic call, really got everyone worked up.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It takes all kinds.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Human Tornada posted:

Adam mentioned on his radio show that Drew did the show for free for 10 years as a public service.

Edit: Actually I think maybe it was on his podcast with Kevin Smith from the other day.

I just can't rectify that with "Celebrity Rehab Dr. Drew". People change, I guess.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm just sayin' Drew hasn't met a camera he didn't like for the last few years whereas he used to give charitably of his time in relative obscurity and rail about celebrities being literally addicted to being celebrities.

Celeb Addiction doesn't need to exist. Drew trades the limelight of reality TV to D-list celebrities in exchange for shaking their corpses for whatever cachet nickles they may have left.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Omnicarus posted:

Minka used to be number 1, back in the heyday of polypropylene string implants. However those have been replaced by other methods and are actually now illegal.

Regardless she has been surpassed by the newest generation of big boob queens. BeShine and Chelsea Charms are one and two respectively. Third is probably Miosotis. Hitomi Tanaka and Fuko Love are 4th and 5th. Minka is probably a distant 6th or lower given how poorly PSIs performed in the long run. BeShine is the only PSI-augmented model that is still around frequently and she has monthly surgery to remove the fluid buildup that results from those implants. Bad juju.

You need a hobby my friend.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BorderPatrol posted:

Yeah it was. It should be up and running now.

I'm one of the people getting bit by the Gingerbread/Android streaming bug. Any solutions?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BorderPatrol posted:

Not sure why I was never contacted, maybe they just couldn't find my site.

They were using Androids, no doubt.

e: This is a lame joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
e: ^^^ :clint:

BV posted:

What was this about? What was the first Pennywise incident?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdAkEdczikw

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 15, 2011

• Locked thread