Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davy jones
Jan 3, 2007

BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY ROCKIN EVERWHERE
Can anyone tell me where to find some good songs to play? I've gone through all the "how to play ____" videos on Youtube and I don't know a lot of songs with good piano parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davy jones
Jan 3, 2007

Another question. What would be the cheapest way to record videos of myself playing while keeping decent sound quality? Would a webcam suffice?

davy jones
Jan 3, 2007

Yoozer posted:

long post

Wow, thanks! Great information. Can you recommend me a decent, relatively cheap microphone? I'm just doing this to make videos to show my family.

davy jones
Jan 3, 2007

Found a great site if anyone's looking for sheet music.

http://www.pianofiles.com

You list all of the sheet music you have and you can trade with other people. Right now it says there are over 1,300,000 sheets for trade.

edit: Also have a question. Are there any exercises I can do to get better at playing different beats on each hand?

davy jones fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 22, 2008

davy jones
Jan 3, 2007

80k posted:

By "beats" do you mean cross-rhythms like in Chopin's Fantasie-Impromptu?

Or are you simply talking about learning to coordinate your left and right hands? If the latter, I love playing Bach's inventions and sinfonias. Play through enough of them, and your hand coordination will vastly improve.

Yeah I don't know the right term but I mean playing different things with each hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davy jones
Jan 3, 2007

Can anyone tell me what the chords are around 20 seconds into this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpcBQNG7GTI&feature=related

I'm so bad at picking out chords. Any tips?