Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fools Paradise
Jun 21, 2008
Is there a book like the Mikrokosmos that'll help me progress, while being made up of actual songs and not just little melodies? (Sure, the later ones are essentially songs, but attempting to read them fucks with me.) Or, can anyone suggest pieces that would help me out? At the moment, I can play Erik Satie's Gnossiennes, and Gymnopedies (with the exception of Gnossienne 4, because I can't get the hang of playing different melodies with both hands.)

Aside from that, is there any advice for writing prog lines or solos? It was asked before, but there was no answer, and it's something I'm really interested in. I can never find any good keyboard tabs or sheet music for bands like Dream Theater or Camel or ELP, so all of us prog people are left to go at it by ear. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Paradise
Jun 21, 2008
Could anyone post some of their favorite legato runs and techniques? I know Chopin has some very smooth ones, but I'm looking to branch out, and I want to step outside of what I already know. (I'm actually looking to incorporate these more with guitar. But I want to get away from the overused Vai/Petrucci style legato and get more into classical, more complex legato.)