Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exadus
Jan 1, 2010

I would get her SO pregnant :catholic: :ohdear:
Hi. I've been trying to learn the piano for the past two months - I haven't too much time to concentrate on learning until now. I can play the guitar and mandolin at a good level. I have a good grasp on music theory (From a Jazz perspective), because I love playing Jazz and theory, obviously, helps me play a lot proficently and allows allows me to compose better pieces. Recently, I've realised my love for classical music, and I decided to start playing the piano.

Right now I can play Bach's Minuet in G, Gymnopedie No. 1 and Beethoven's German Dance in C Major (The latter quite slowly though). Can anyone recommend me some easy, yet fun to play piano pieces just for starting out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exadus
Jan 1, 2010

I would get her SO pregnant :catholic: :ohdear:

CowOnCrack posted:

I've recommended these multiple times:

http://www.amazon.com/Lyric-Preludes-In-Romantic-Style/dp/0739050664/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1
http://www.amazon.com/J-S-Bach-Inve...s+and+sinfonias

These pieces are the late level of beginner, so they will be challenging for a beginner to learn but very rewarding. I would start with the Gillock pieces, the easiest probably being the Prelude in G Minor (Deserted Ballroom). The C Minor (Seascape) and C Major (Forest Murmurs) are both fairly accessible and fun. Seascape looks weird on the staff but its actually very easy. The linked edition has some neat introductory info on how to play each piece. The Alfred Edition of the inventions (and most other Bach) is just incredible for every purpose but especially learning. I wouldn't worry much about things like ornaments as they sound awesome with or without them and they make the piece too daunting for a beginner. The two easiest are No. 4 in D Minor and No. 8 in F Major (which has no ornaments).

Thanks man!