Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanrah
May 6, 2006
These are small, Those are far away
Sorry to derail slightly, but this thread seems more relevant than starting a new one...

I've been playing for 8 months now, with a teacher for 3 of those, and have done the whole clocks by coldplay bit, and am moving onto some Bach, Satie, the easier side of 'classical' (for technique, not really what i'd want to play). Anyhow all this time i've been using a budget £100 Yamaha keyboard, and i'm now looking to upgrade - something with weighted keys, and something 'gig-able'.
Are there any recommendations in the £2-300 range? ($400-600)? I know very little about various brands etc, and so any help would be appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanrah
May 6, 2006
These are small, Those are far away

Hughmoris posted:

There are three staffs shown. I realize that the bottom staff is for guitar, but what are the top two staffs for? I was assuming that the middle staff is what I should be playing on the piano, and the top staff is the melody, but I'm sure I'm way off. Any thoughts?

Also, the song looks to be in key of G, but on the third chord there is a symbol in front of the F note. Does that mean to play a plain F there, or still sharpen it?

Last question, I promise. On the last two chords in the middle staff, it looks like there are two G notes back-to-back and tied together. How exactly do I play that?

Your pretty much correct with alot of your answers. The top staff is melody, with the chords on the one below it. You'd usually play the melody with your Right hand, and the Chords with the left (obviously practise them seperately before doing both at the same time)

The song is in G, and your right, that is a natural F in the third chord. Dont sharpen it for the rest of that bar (so for the chord after it aswell). It doesnt come up again in that extract of music, but if later in the song you have another F, it'd be sharp again (unless theres a natural sign again).

Your right with the two G's on the last two chords aswell. Obviously you'd only play one. Looking at the guitar chords, there are two G's there (which is possible on a guitar), and so i guess someone typed in the guitar chords, and the program is just representing exactly what the guitar chords are. Just a dodgy transcription!

Enjoy Desperado!

edit: doh, spent too long writing the reply!