Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Fat Turkey posted:

I just can't break the barrier of playing both hands at the same time. My right hand i happy, but my left is still slow and lumbersome. More practice I guess, but can I have some suggestions for some of the more simple pieces to practice this kind of thing with?

I think it may be time for me to get a tutor.

It would be the most beneficial to get a teacher who can pinpoint exactly why your HT is out of sync, it could be a rhythm problem or not practicing enough HS technique before you go on to HT, etc. Without knowing what the problem is it's difficult to suggest a piece.

I will however, share what worked for me: I would learn the RH part of a measure with my RH and my LH. It's tedious but it can really help strengthen the LH as well as getting the LH used to being in rhythm and independent. I would also play random major, minor, augmented and diminished chords in every key for a few minutes every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU