Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.

tef posted:

A developer.

You are handling credit card details, so if you don't know about CGI, form escaping or the difference between "$Amount" and "Amount" it is time to give up and find someone who can.

(Sorry for the turn about, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt in missing something obvious - but your later posts expose your inexperience fully)

Aye. When in doubt, look up "due diligence" and the legal ramifications of the lack thereof as it concerns credit card information. You don't want to be holding this bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.

MrHyde posted:

So are you saying instead of the open(...) or do { die; } (it's what I use in PHP so I just intuitively used it here) I should just put the open statement inside an if? Would I just put the {die;} portion of the code inside an else then?

I believe he's referring to open(CONFIG, $_[0]), suggesting that you instead explicitly open the file only for input using open(CONFIG, '<', $_[0].

The difference is that the first one, as he pointed out, does bad things to what it opens if there was preexisting data.

edit: My first post in the Perl thread! Now I am a man.

• Locked thread