Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
This may not be the appropriate place to ask this question, but I'm hoping to get the opinion of those familiar with Perl, rather than just basic troubleshooting.

I have an application that is not launching. When attempting to do so from the command prompt, I receive an error message: "Error: Can't locate perl58.dll Make sure the ActivePerl bin directory is in your PATH"

This application does not require an underlying installation of ActivePerl. Normally it will create a folder under "Username\AppData\Local\Temp\pdk-UserName-####" (seemingly random, four digit number), with perl58.dll in that folder, after which, I am assuming it would use that dll as the Perl interpreter. Currently, it does create the folder in the temp directory along with perl58.dll, it just doesn't get any further than that.

So it seems like it is creating perl58.dll in the location it should, but is failing to read it.

I am at a loss what to try to correct this and am running out of time. I've tried some stupid things (installing ActivePerl, manually putting perl58.dll somewhere and adding the location to PATH), but nothing has worked or provided any clues so far. I've backtracked looking at every change that has been done to the system since the application was last working and I feel I've eliminated every possibility that makes any sense at all.

Unfortunately, I can't really go in to many details regarding the application...Is anyone familiar with this method of packaging and have any ideas what could cause it to screw up like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Access protection - McAfee antivirus. Figures it was something stupid I overlooked.

Thanks. It didn't provide the direct solution, but it did point me in the right direction.

• Locked thread