Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

Note to self: Do not shove foreign objects in mouth.
I'm wondering if there's a better way to use mysql console in windows. The command prompt window consistently screws up my output of tables because I can't widen the window (unless I'm a dumbass and don't realize there's a way to widen the window).

Edit: Nevermind, I am a dumbass.

Right click -> properties -> layout tab -> Window Size

Tap fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

fletcher posted:

The mysql admin client for windows on their website is pretty decent. There's also a replacement console for windows (called console2 I think, I don't have it on the machine I am on right now) which is pretty cool, and allows for tabbed console windows and stuff. I am pretty sure it is also resizeable.

This doesn't get installed with wampserver does it?

Edit: Nevermind.

Tap fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 16, 2007

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

MySQL Question

Is there a way to move rows from one table to another? I know there's a way to copy rows from one table to another by using the INSERT INTO syntax, but it doesn't remove the row.

Code:

code:
INSERT INTO $this->prefix" . "user (username, country_id, password, email) 
SELECT username, country_id, password, email 
FROM $this->table 
WHERE id = $id AND activation_code = '$activation_code'

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

Yeah, that's the way I have it now, I just wasn't sure if there was a way to issue the delete in a single statement. Thanks though.