Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigger Goku
Dec 11, 2004

あっちに行け
I've got a table set up for allowing people to vote on content items, with the structure like so:
code:
INT id    INT content_id    ENUM(y,n) vote
The vote column is just a 'yes/no' on whether they liked that particular item or not.

The problem is trying to find the mostly liked content item from this table. The query I'm currently using is:
code:
SELECT
	`content_id`,COUNT(content_id) AS count
FROM
	`votes`
WHERE
	`vote` = 'yay'
GROUP BY
	`content_id`
ORDER BY
	`count` DESC
LIMIT 6
However, instead of just finding the items with the most 'yay' votes, I'd like to find the ones with the highest ratio of 'yay' votes to 'nay' votes.

Is there a particular way to assign ENUM values to 'fake' columns, so I could do '(yay/nay) AS ratio'? Or is there a better way to achieve the same result?

Any help is appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigger Goku
Dec 11, 2004

あっちに行け
Thanks for the help with the voting query, but I have another question regarding grouping DATETIME fields.

I've got a table called 'views' that's laid out like so:
code:
INT content_id, DATETIME added
If I wanted to generate a report showing the most popular time of day for views, I can do something like this:
code:
SELECT
	HOUR(added) AS hour,MINUTE(added) AS minute,COUNT(content_id) AS count
FROM
	`views`
GROUP BY
	`hour`,`minute`
My question is: is there anyway to group results in sets of 10 minutes, rather than single minutes in the query?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to plot the results out like how Steam does.

I've had a brief look at the INTERVAL function, but it's hard to find examples of how to use this in a GROUP query.