Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

My very first concert was The Toasters with Big D and The Kids Table during my freshman year of high school. I feel bad as of late because I moved away from listening to ska, but I recently got into Streetlight Manifesto and got to see them over the summer along with Reel Big Fish (second time seeing them).

Whats the general consensus on Leftover Crack and Choking Victim, more so the latter. I really like "No Gods, No Managers" and it is one of my favorite ska records next to Streetlight's "Everything Goes Numb" (I have not heard the new album yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

Mr. Heavy posted:

I say this in every ska thread, but Mephiskapheles's God Bless Satan is without a doubt in my mind the greatest third-wave ska album ever conceived.

I have "Maximum Perversion" and I have to say its a pretty good album, but it kinda feels like its missing something.

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

jetgrindeggy posted:

Choking Victim's reunion show on 9/11/05 was one of the best shows I've ever been to. By the time they played 500 Channels, you couldn't even stay on your feet for more than 2 or 3 seconds before getting knocked down.

When I saw Leftover Crack last year they played pretty big chunk of Choking Victim songs and even "Heroine or Suicide".