Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
what a thing to say at the table
I can't wait for November 13th so I can go to the Streetlight show in Boston, buy a legit copy of their album and hopefully throw some merch money at them. What a lovable band.

On another note, anybody know anything about Regatta 69? They have a song "Someone to Cling To" on that Ska: The Third Wave compilation but they pretty much don't exist according to the internet. I'm sure they're just boring third-wave ska but the song I mentioned is really good and I'm wondering if anybody else likes their stuff.

edit: Leftover Crack and Choking Victim are really good (got my username from a LoC song) but most of the kids I've met at locals shows etc haven't heard of them or don't really consider them ska. And I guess they're not, but if you put any stock into subgenres I'd call them skacore with a straight face.

gang control fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gang control
Nov 1, 2007

demolition rickshaw posted:

Mad Caddies - Keep It Going[/b]

Oh man, thank you. I had totally forgotten about the Mad Caddies and their whole discography is pretty good. Also, if you guys haven't heard them you should track down some One Cool Guy which is one or two of the guys from Streetlight in an old band. Oh and they have a song about Bill Cosby and a song about anal sex. And they're the same song.

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
I went to the Boston Streetlight show last night, and it was amazing. Great to hear those BOTAR songs and glad to see they're still doing awesome shows four years after I heard about them.

The two things I noticed were that the show was a little more violent than I thought it would be (a pleasant surprise) and also the mean age of the people there seemed to be like 16. I definitely expected more college kids and 20somethings but the crowd was dominated by high school kids, it seemed like.