Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amateur economist
Nov 12, 2007

by Ozmaugh
First of all, Mysterious Aftertaste, I like your taste in Avatar. I took that picture:

http://markperdomo.smugmug.com/gallery/603350#25441879

Second of all, speaking as somebody who has been into Streetlight Manifesto for a long time (the show that pic is from is 2005, and that was one of the LAST shows I shot of theirs), and the person who runs the largest Streetlight Messageboard, I find it both interesting and hilarious how popular Streetlight has gotten. And as people have mentioned.....not "entirely" ska, but I think they deserve the distinction.

Streetlight is amazingly huge these days, and i'm very happy for the success of the guys in the band, even thouh they still have to work lovely jobs teaching marching band and stuff to get by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amateur economist
Nov 12, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Neight posted:

hah I was at that show. My friends and I tailgated it around my friend's pink caddy.

I know it leaked a while ago, but I'm just listening to the new CD now. Its awesome and worth the wait, but hopefully it won't take another 5 years for the next cd to come out.

Haha, you are friends with Tim too!

You were probably at Starland last friday as well. I went, and I hung out with Skavovee (he posted earlier in the thread), and some people from the Streetlight board, and we were intending on tailgating for Tim's birthday, but security was having none of that

amateur economist
Nov 12, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

Sorry for jacking your photo like that.

You run skachilles, or is there a bigger SM-related board?

First of all, I don't really care. I pretty much let people do what they want with my photos, much to my detriment as I was serving up 10GB a month of Gym Class Heroes Pics as they got popular (instead of making lots in prints sales). So whatever, im just glad people like the photos and enjoy Streetlight.

So no worries about the photo!

Second of all, yeah, I run skakills

amateur economist
Nov 12, 2007

by Ozmaugh

seventeen posted:

I love Gimp. Considering his age when it was recorded, it's not bad at all. I'm a big fan of the track "Magnolium".

Also agreeing on the Supernothing sentiment. It's so much more heartfelt and emotional to me on Smiles... than the other versions.

Streetlight played Magnolium once. It was good. And nobody knew the words

amateur economist
Nov 12, 2007

by Ozmaugh
So the Pentimento music site is launching later today. It's not public, but it looks like there is indeed some stuff going on with it if you simply go to the index.php

http://www.pentimentomusic.com/index.php

Dan Potthast, BOTAR, The Stitch Up look like they will all be represented by Pentimento, and maybe SLM once they get a third album out (Keasbey Nights didn't count against their contract, from what I understand)