Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Dickeye posted:

The new FTA album is so goddamn good and I am so glad I bought it when I saw them this summer

That was seriously the best show I've seen. Better than the Toasters.

oh I know its good, I DL'd when they had it on their sight, but I saw them at Ska Weekend the first year I went and I gotta support them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Dickeye posted:

It's still up there afaik, along with Erin's Runaway Imagination

They need to put Most Poets Do up there, that poo poo is equally rad and if I knew their stance on people sharing it I would hook folks up

e: In other news Ben Weasel stops selling through Asian Man because he just realized Mike Park of Asian Man and Mike Park of Skankin' Pickle are the same Mike Park

I love Weasel, but come on man Pickle owned

I can vouch that they in fact do not give a poo poo, I asked the least time I saw them :) .

Also talking to Charlie while he is drunk as gently caress about the saints while the rest of the band are trying to pack up their gear is good times.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Dickeye posted:

I wasn't saying that in some backhanded BOY I WANNA HAND FILES OUT way, that was a legit statement, I don't like handing out freebies unless I know the band is cool with it

nope I understand, I was jsut saying that that whoel group of guys are really, really cool people.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
I own a trumpet and a mellophone (french horn bent like a trumpet and uses the same fingerings as a trumpet) I got off ebay for 90 bucks shipped. Played them in a ska local ska band with a few friends for laughs.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Miscellaneous_T posted:

gently caress the mellophone, sounds nothing like the horn and takes a totally different technique to play.

I know, its played like a trumpet. Except I can actually play a mellophone a WHOLE lot better then I cna trumpet.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

drunk asian neighbor posted:

The last 2 Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra albums, Perfect Future and PARADISE BLUE are excellent. I haven't heard their earlier stuff but I imagine it rules too.

you really can't go wrong with any of the like 15+ albums by TSPO...just be warned that they normally have several really good songs and the rest are very meh. Full Tension Beaters is still my favorite, but you can get it in the states easy. Wild Peace and Stomping on Downbeat Alley are the other 2 I would get.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

aricoarena posted:

On a more Ska related note - is Catch 22 no longer a band? Their last website or myspace update is at least 2 years old. While, I didn't like their last album Dinosaur sounds was alright, and they were totally kickass live even on the songs that were mediocre.

The live CD they released is one of the worst cds I have ever heard. Dinosaur Sounds was pretty bad. If they are still playing I wish they would stop because its just sad of how far they have fallen.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Josh Wow posted:

http://www.terminal5nyc.com/event/4276

It looks like I'm going to get to go see the loving SPECIALS on 4/20 in NYC! We're doing a northeast tour that week and just now realized The Specials are gonna be playing on a day we don't have a show yet. This is the BEST poo poo EVER gently caress

I believe I speak for the thread here when I say gently caress you.

Why must Indianapolis suck so bad for ska bands, the only really good one we have right now is Green Room Rockers. Then add in that any major tour avoids us so I have to either go to Ohio or Chicago

Backno fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 24, 2010

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
So guys in the Midwest might want to check this mini tour out. Green Room Rockers (Lafayette, IN), The Moon Invaders (Belgium), and The Caroloregians (Beligum).

Jun 10 2010 8:00P BTB Cantina ANN ARBOR, MI, US

Jun 11 2010 8:00P Beat Kitchen CHICAGO, IL, US

Jun 12 2010 8:00P Lafayette Brewing Company LAFAYETTE, IN, US
(this Pinstripes will be at this show)
Jun 13 2010 8:00P Play by Play Cafe CINCINNATI, OH, US
(the Pinstripes will be at this show)

I will be driving from Indianapolis to the Cincinnati show cause I get to go to a show with having to ask for a freaking day off.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Dickeye posted:

Looks like at least the Moon Invaders and the Caroloregians will be coming to Syracuse too

I'm basically going to every show this summer. I'm going through withdrawals dammit

e: awwww poo poo. AWWWWWW poo poo. 4point0's first show back from their first tour is also a RazSum reunion show. I am so loving pumped you don't even KNOW

yeah I found a good list on the Caroloregians myspace but I was short on time to c/p the whole thing

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
So went to a show in Cincinnati on Sunday with my wife. Saw 4 bands that mattered: Green Room Rockers, The, Caroloregians, Thee Moon Invaders, and The Pinstripes. The Caroloregians are basically the Moon Invaders minus the horn section and holy poo poo these guys where good. This was the last show of their first tour here in the US I I can't wait for them to come back. But it was an absolute bitching show and I am loving sore as hell.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
I really like some BTMI songs and hate others when listening to them on CD, but every tiem I have sen them live they are just amazing.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
So I found out Fatter Than Albert was coimng to Indianapolis and was :woop: all over the place. Then I asked for the day off and work said no so I am now all :cry: :emo: :suicide:

Backno fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 16, 2010

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

I'm seeing Fatter than Albert and Stuck Lucky and a billion other ska bands in a few hours.

How was the show...also I hate you because I can't go when they are here in town.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Green Room Rockers and the Slackers in Lafayette, IN on Oct. 4th. And holy poo poo for once it's on a day that I am off so I can go :woop:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
So got to see the Slackers for the first time last night and had a blast. Other the 2 chicks wanting to get in a fight durring one of my favorite songs (Married Girl) it was a wonderful night. We got 2 encores and they seemed to just be having a good time.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

namu. posted:

When was the last time they were in the Midwest?

They said the played Fort Wayne in Indiana a few months ago, then you had to go back another 3 or 4 years for another trip to Indiana. Just once again why I dislike Indiana, all the bigger ska bands skip right through on their way to MI, or OH, or IL.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
I will take Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. I will be nice and leave the Slackers and Deals Gone Bad out of the kindness of my heart.

Backno fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 21, 2010

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Lone Goat posted:

I caught the latter half of Deals Gone Bad last week when they opened for Creepshow/Planet Smashers and I want to get a time machine so I can see the whole set. :(

They are a really, really good live show for a band alot of people have not heard of. If my work schedule wasn't 2nd shift Tues-Sat I would get to see them more often.

Fake edit:
The Ramblers is one of my favorite albums as well :haw:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra > everything

QFT

Some one needs to claim the Moon Invaders at some point because they are just to drat good.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Sockser posted:

Dibsing I Voted For Kodos.

:whatup:

(We're still doing this, right?)

:frogout:

Their singer/mellophone player wasn't to happy with my responce to "what do you think of the new album?"

I think your older stuff is alot better

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Dickeye posted:

Who wants to here a techno version of Erin's Runaway Imagination?

Everyone does trust me

http://soundcloud.com/magichammer/erins-runaway-imagination

So when does the boss fight start?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Dickeye posted:

I'd love to own a record player and some vinyl.

I ordered a record with my big order from Jump Up and I don't even own a player :colbert:.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Yay my Jump Up! order got here today :neckbeard:. Now I just have to get home so I can actually listen to them while warhamming it up.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

aricoarena posted:

I am not a big fan of the Aquabats but that is loving awesome.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

WaffleZombie posted:

And the skaisdead site is updated. Tour dates:

Weds. April 13 – Indianpolis, IN – The Hoosier Dome

I wonder where in the gently caress this show will be at becuase there hasn't been a hoosier dome for a while, and I have serious doubts this tour would be at Lucas Oil..

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

interpunct posted:

It's probably a small DIY venue named the Hoosier Dome. In New York, there's one of those called Shea Stadium.

EDIT:
http://www.piradicalproductions.com/hoosierdome/

Thank you, my google-fu was weak and brought up nothing but stuff about the RCA dome.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Todd Hembrook (Deal's Gone Bad), Obi Fernandez (Westbound Train), and Glen Pine (The Slackers) are some guys that can really sing when given the chance. I also do enjoy alot of bands that have some pretty bad vocalists, but I think that is almost a requirement to be a ska band.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
So the wife and I are going to Ska is Dead tonight. I haven't been to a show in ages so I am stoked.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Mighty Mighty Bosstones are the father that left and is trying to work their way back into your life with awesome gifts.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Just got back from seeing/having beers with the Forthrights w/Maddie Ruthless tonight. I am a very happy man. Maddie can sing/has an awesome stage presence. The Forthrights are just all around awesome guys.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Holy poo poo Indiana is getting some ska love. 24th Mustard Plug and Green Room Rockers in Indianapolis. Then on the 8th of October Eastern Standard Time and Mr. T-bone in Lafayette, IN :neckbeard:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Throwdown openers:

Night 1: H20 and the Ducky Boys
Night 2: The Slackers and Have Nots
Night 3: The Smoking Popes and Bomb The Music Industry!

Looking pretty drat good. Night 2 is gonna be a blast.

Night 2 all the way.

I get to see Eastern Standard Time and Mr T-bone on Saturday and then the Slackers a couple weeks later :dance:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Inside Outside posted:

I just saw The Suicide Machines in Indianapolis tonight. I really thought that I would never ever see them live again. What an awesome loving band.

I couldn't get tonight off to go to that :(

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Slackers and Deals Gone Bad tonight :neckbeard:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Miscellaneous_T posted:

I bought three tickets as well! I have to drive from Ohio to see this show but it will be so worth it.

fffffffffff

Going to that show is so loving tempting, but driving solo from Indiana when I am broke as hell and would have class at 7:30 am the next day...

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
http://www.hubworld.com/watch/1479551990001/the-aquabats-super-show-episode-1-manant-season-1

You guys are welcome.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

jetgrindeggy posted:

That means it's set for release early 2014 2016

ftfy

Now I just need to save up some cash so I can buy a few cds for some bands I like. The Forthrights, Circle City Deacons, and The Pinstripes need my monies...

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

RoofieMyselfForFun posted:

The Fourthrights are the poo poo

And thank you for the excuse to google the Pinstripes :love:

Check out the Green Room Rockers while you are at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

:smith: One of my favorite memories from one of the Ska Weekend trips was when Jeff jumped off the stage and started playing in the middle of the pit. The microphone was basically taken away by the crowd and passed around and Jeff just kept on playing like it didn't even matter.