Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
What would be a good first wave band to start off with, as I haven't really heard a lot of early ska? I like third wave the best but dub is pretty awesome too and I'd really like to try something to get to know the roots of one of my favorite genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man
Cheer Up is my second favorite album by them too (tied with Turn The Radio Off). Although I thought the album they were angry about was We're Not Happy... I wonder if I should see if I could talk my friend that lives in Nashville into taking off work so we can hang out and see the Streetlight/RBF show later this month. I really wanna see them both but I don't want to inconvenience the guy.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man
Oh ok, I thought their last album was ok but it's definitely their worst.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man
I've been listening to some old stuff recently and god drat Buck-O-Nine's "28 Teeth" is a good rear end album. I think I *might* actually like their cover of "I'm The Man" better than the original. I know some people around here don't like them but if you haven't heard that album before then you should give it a listen.