Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Hey, so I just posted my skapunk band's new CD for free in GBS, so I'll crosspost it here too!

Download Legitimate Business - If You Can't Take The Heat...

Anyway we're growing fairly big in the Jersey scene so if you've been to any of the recent non-starland shows (Catch 22, Voodoo Glow Skulls/Mustard Plug, Mustard Plug/BTMI/Westbound Train, or any ASOB, BTMI!, or IV4K show) you've probably seen us there. I also go by sneve... you skachilles dorks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Well after all that Big D hate, I figure I might as well inform :siren:NJ GOONS:siren: about this upcoming free show (with my band, so free plug!):

Class One Concerts presents...
"Ska's Not Dead and a Half"

March 30 - Doors at 6PM - Free Show
18+ w/ID

Montclair State University
Student Center Ballroom
1 Normal Ave,
Montclair, NJ 07043

Catch 22
Big D and the Kids Table
Legitimate Business

For more info, check out http://www.myspace.com/classoneconcerts

I hope some of you can make it. I'd get there early because once it fills up, that's it. As free shows at schools tend to do.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

That guy is hilarious, I think he's up in the North Jersey area. I've seen him at several shows both in Philly and up in Sayresville, and it's always good for a laugh.

I think it finally hit me that the crowd is much younger than my spry 27 was two shows last summer - Dan Potthast/Rick Johnson and some locals, and BTMI and some locals. For both shows, their were more band members in the bar area than anyone else. Also, both times, I was acquainted with the other 2-5 people in the bar.

Do we know each other? My band definitely opened up that Dan Potthast/Rick Johnson show and we've opened for BTMI at least 4 or 5 times in the area.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

Well, I saw the show in Philly, and I think you guys opened the show in North Jersey. I've been meaning to see you guys for awhile, but it's just never worked out. So it's possible we've met, but at the very least, I know Coleman, who I'd imagine you do know. Have you made it down to any Philly shows?

As for Skankin' Rich, drat that guy travels. I know I've seen him at least once, maybe twice in Philly.

Ah... yeah I'm buddies with Coleman. Haven't seen him in months though since we went bowling during the BTMI!/OPioneers!!! tour. Tell him sneve says hey if you run into him. And that he sucks.

I haven't been to a Philly area ska show in years.. the last one I saw was Catch 22, Big D, Suicide Machines, AAA, Mustard Plug, Planet Smashers and the Code years ago at the Trocadero. I'd kill for that lineup again. It's just too far and usually I can go to a NYC or NJ date instead. I was in Wilkes Barre for the BTMI/Queers/Andrew Jackson Jihad show, although I don't know if that's even close to you.

And Skankin Rich came to one of our shows in CT a while ago... I think his car has the MU330 license plates, but I'm not sure.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
The new BTMI! album is definitely not coming out tomorrow.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
My band Legitimate Business posted new two songs last night - hoping for some SA feedback. I already met someone from this thread at the Philly Punk Rock Flea Market (but sorry, I forgot your username!)

Streaming: http://www.myspace.com/legitimatebusiness
Direct Links:
Remember When (poppy punkska! summertime!)
SOS (heavier punk sounds! minor to major key changes! 4/4! 6/8! 11/4 to 13/4!

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
The first Streetlight set last night sucked but that second set killed it.

My ska/punk band posted our new CD online for free downloading. I started a new NMD thread for it - I'd really appreciate any feedback and comments on it!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3210477

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Just found out I'll be opening for BTMI!'s Jersey date on this Ipod tour with Legitimate Business. It's next Sunday at Asbury Lanes. Come early if you want to see us, because we're opening.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I'm pretty shocked Catch-22 didn't announce that Jeff Davidson would be with them at tonight's show to perform some Alone in a Crowd material.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

hedgecore posted:

I'm pretty shocked Catch-22 didn't announce that Jeff Davidson would be with them at tonight's show to perform some Alone in a Crowd material.

A few videos I took from the show:
http://www.youtube.com/sneve

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Is anyone going to the Suicide Machines reunion/Code reunion/WATU show this Saturday? I'm leaving from NJ tomorrow night. Excited to see my favorite live band of all time again.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Holy poo poo what when where

Suicide Machines were my very first show and I will go to this reunion come hell or high water.

The Code are pretty loving awesome too.

Detroit. http://www.last.fm/event/1540574+The+Suicide+Machines

I saw them for the first time 7 years ago... so this is awesome.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Suicide Machines were incredible. Totally worth the 13 hours each way!

Setlist!

Burning in the Aftermath
The Real You
Someone
Capitalist Suicide
Hey Ska
Numbers
Keep it a Crime
Our Time
Honor Among Thieves
Black and White World
17% 18 to 25
S.O.S.
Your Silence
Did You Ever Get a Feeling of Dread?
Face Values
Too Much
Beat My Head Against The Wall
Sides
Break the Glass
DDT
New Girl
Vans Song

Matt from WATU played trombone on Hey Ska and Vans Song, so that was great too.

The one new Bomb song (not the Tumblr one) I heard was awesome, so I'm really looking forward to the whole thing. It wasn't that acoustic one though. Sounded kinda like the fun energy of Album Minus Band / To Leave or Die with the more matured songwriting style of Scrambles/Adults.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
10/9 at 8PM
Bomb The Music Industry! plays Weezer's The Blue Album & Pinkerton
at The Silent Barn in Queens.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I guess I can try to film the Weezer show or something.

WATU last weekend was great. Went to the Jersey date (:love: Asbury Lanes) as well as the Philly date (:love: Govinda's).

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

If it's unclear, that's a bunch of 2x4s wrapped in aluminum foil and flashing Christmas lights in the shape of a "W".

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

The Sunday show kicked rear end, the encore was Everybody That You Love then in the middle of the second song the girl next to me got into a fight so that ended the show. If not for that they were going to play Syke! Life is Awesome, which would've ruled. If you get a chance to see BTMI before they head off to Europe the merch shirts are pretty great. I did see a couple of dudes recording the show so there is at least video floating around. I think the =w= was covered in duct tape not foil but whatever.

I filmed most of Pinkerton from the back but I'm not sure if the quality's worth it. I thought Costa told me Keegan made it out of foil, but I didn't really see it up close.

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 11, 2010

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Buddy Holly, day 2: http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/video/bomb-the-music-industry-/buddy-holly/

My videos don't sound or look too great to be honest. Uploaded them, so I'll sort 'em soon.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Holy poo poo, is that your own website?

Dickeye posted:

Dude

Are you the Pink Couch guy,

Nope, a guy named Dave Garwacke runs that site. I actually run the old BTMI bootleg site here though.

Dickeye posted:

and the dude from Legitimate Business? Goddamn son.

Yep. I go by "sneve" sometimes. I should probably just change my SA name already.

So yeah, that's not my video. My videos don't look or sound great, but I have part of their "soundcheck", "No One Else", "Hash Pipe", most of Pinkerton, their joke of a ska effort at "My Name is Jonas" (don't get your hopes up), and their sorta-encore (Everybody That You Love), and half of Saddr Weirdr until a fight broke out and Jeff just ended the show because of it. Something went wrong with Youtube uploading so I'll try and get something up tomorrow.

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 12, 2010

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Okay, all of my videos from Weezer show day 2 are up:

http://www.youtube.com/sneve

And the video titles (in reverse order)...

Saddr, Weirdr / don't fight at house shows you idiots
Everybody That You Love
Butterfly
Pink Triangle / Falling For You
El Scorcho
My Name is Jah-nas
The Good Life
Across the Sea
Why Bother?
Cover songs are lame / Awards are for losers
No Other One
No One Else
Hash Pipe
Bomb the Weezer W!
Falling For You (soundcheck)

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Just discovered this hidden gem. Maybe one of you goons will find it funny enough to enjoy.

Arrogant Sons of Bitches - Rocketrocketrocketship (A Cappella Dick-Around MP3)

Guess I might as well change my board name to sneve as soon as I get some spare cash.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I played with Dan Potthast once in a fireman's hall in NJ to like 30 kids once. It ruled. He was awesome and super nice.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Where in NJ, out of curiosity?

North Caldwell. Rick Johnson played too.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I doubt very much that the Forthrights are going to play Fad songs, just FYI.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Dickeye posted:

The way I heard it was that Doyle was asking people what Matt Wxison songs they should cover at this show, and everyone said Vinyl Paradise because Wixson covers it, and the answer was just "we'll see"

I would go but gently caress I forgot I had plans to go to a play that night.

Oh word. Didn't realize it was a special thing. Doyle is kind of hard to keep track of, though. I'm also really spoiled living in the NJ/NY/LI area, because the Fad used to play all the time. And then Bomb has played that song a million times too.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Anyone attending Bomb/Laura/Franz/Censors tomorrow in Brooklyn?

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Well you're loving up!

If anyone's there, I'll be wearing a huge CHOOSE DEATH shirt and harassing Mike Costa. Call me Sneve, not hedgecore/stairs?/whatever.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
It was great. Top 10 of the year for me easily. So much fun and everyone in Bomb is the best. My friend's secret santa is a fan so I got them all to write out a greeting card for him. It is absurd and full of doodles of burning trees, a tree with a boner, and "Happy Birthday! <3 Laura".

Censors has promise. Franz was really great - had seen him in W/IFS for years but never as a solo act. Laura's new song was super catchy. And Bomb actually sounded like a real band. I grabbed the setlist for the Secret Santa kid too, but that already disappeared so I forget the exact set. Out of order, let's see what I can recall...

Happy Anterrabae Day!!!
Fresh Attitude, Young Body
493 Ruth
25!!!
Congratulations John on Joining Every Time I Die
Stand There Until You're Sober
Pizza Claus is Coming to Town
All Ages Shows
Saddr Weirdr
It Ceases to be "Whining" if You're Still "making GBS threads Blood"
The First Time I Met Sanawon
Slumlord
I Don't Love You Anymore
Syke! Life is Awesome

I think that's it.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

asio posted:

Do you know what song it was? I can't imagine anything better than a TBS style song played with BTMI intensity.

Here, I found this in my stash. There are a few others that I can't locate right now.
Arrogant Sons of Bitches - Timberwolves at New Jersey

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Slapstick confirmed for Asian Man 15th Anniversary show

Asian Man Records has thrilled fans with the announcement that Slapstick, the beloved Chicago ska-punk act who've been defunct since 1996, will reunite for the label's upcoming 15th Anniversary show. Slapstick was notable for featuring a young Brendan Kelley and Dan Andriano, later of The Lawrence Arms and Alkaline Trio respectively. The Slapstick family tree goes on to include bands such as The Broadways, Tuesday, Less Than Jake, The Honor System, Duvall, The Falcon, Colossal among others. All of Slapstick's original members are reuniting for this show.

The Asian Man Anniversary Party will take place in San Francisco, CA next June. It will feature acts like the Lawrence Arms, Sundowner, The Queers, MU330, Bomb the Music Industry!, The Sainte Catherines, Andrew Jackson Jihad and a slew of others.

http://www.punknews.org/article/41123

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
If you're ever taking Bomb seriously, you are blowing it.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
My friend Sammy K's band, The Forthrights, is finally selling their new 7".

quote:

THE FIRST 50 COPIES OF THE PRESALE WILL RECEIVE THE BLACK VINYL (black will only be available in presale or in the limited 3 color combo), A 12" LIMITED SCREEN PRINTED JACKET, A POSTER, STICKERS AND 1 LUCKY PERSON WILL GET RECEIVE A TEST PRESS!!!! MAKE SURE NONE OF YOU MISS OUT ON THIS!

ALL ORDERS COME WITH A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

We are also offering the special of all 3 color variations + a tshirt for 15$. Christmas come early...or late depending how you look at it.

t shirt is our high note design!

get it at the link below!

http://panicstaterecords.limitedpressing.com/products/7005

Anyone else go see Bomb in Philly last night? I was working their merch table most of the night, so if you have a time machine jump back and come say hey. They've definitely played better before, but it was still a good time. I took a few videos but didn't get in until almost 3 so I haven't had a chance to check them out.

also heard a demo of a new new new btmi! song and it is craaaazy

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 11, 2011

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

guppy posted:

I see that ALL ORDERS COME WITH A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD! Is there any way to just buy the digital download? I don't have a record player. Also, are there samples anywhere?

I don't think so, to either of those questions. If you're on Facebook and comment on the event page you'll probably get an answer from one of the band members.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183420835018994&index=1

Edit: Promo - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1610380062865&oid=43859448166&comments

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 11, 2011

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Ok, I went on a video upload rampage last night.

1) Here's some poor quality videos of Bomb from Sunday's show in Philly. I missed several songs and the camera pans off them numerous times from being drunk / talking to John's girlfriend about how awesome the Human Centipede is.

Unlimited Breadsticks, Soup, and Salad Days
Planning My Death
All Ages Shows / Big Ending / The First Time I Met Sanawon
Congratulations, John, On Joining Every Time I Die
Saddr, Weirdr
I'm Too Cool For Music
25!!!
493 Ruth
It Shits

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5C0F4DC46A229A75

2) Here's the unannounced Bomb acoustic set from Harvest of Hope last March. I filmed this too and have had it since then but only recently has Youtube allowed me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes and I didn't feel like cropping.

Future 86
Jobs Schmobs
Syke! Life is Awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJMNlzHvYc

3) Here's an old live MP3 of my old band Legitimate Business playing our single "80 on 80". This was the song we had featured on the Tony Hawk's Project 8 soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6GZT9-CBd4

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Anyone seen Chewing on Tinfoil on this tour? I'll be at the Jersey show on Friday with Bomb, but I've heard good things so far.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Who got tickets to AMR fest? I bought 5 days worth of tickets. Not posting lineups yet at Mike Park's request, but wow.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

That was a great show, thanks for the videos. They played Getchoo during the encore, and me and one other guy were really excited. That made me sad. They also opened with Even Winning Feels Bad, which is still my favorite song, and they always play it when I see them. But it was great to see such a huge turnout. The last time I saw them at the fire over a year ago, there were maybe only 20 people. And based on a hazy memory of that show, were you at the Menzingers show last Sunday?

I got my tickets earlier this week. There's only one show I didn't buy a ticket to (June 18th, Bottom of the Hill). Trying to choose between bands is going to kill me. And the possibility of another couple bands TBA? Holy poo poo.

Yeah, I was there. Did we meet? I go by "sneve" sometimes.

Also, that date was tough but I went with BotH actually. The 16th BotH TBA is a really awesome surprise.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

I still have my little mini-poster from the first Ska is Dead on my wall. Catch 22, Mustard Plug, Big D, and the Planet Smashers. Best first real ska show ever!

The Philly date of this show was epic... that lineup was joined by The Suicide Machines, Against All Authority, and The Code. I think The Suicide Machines became my favorite band for the thousandth time that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

Was that the show with the Loved Ones and Catch-22? That was a great show. When it dawned on my friend and I what they were doing, we lost our poo poo.

No, we didn't meet. I think you walked by me at some point, and after you were well past me, I realized it might be you. I'll try to say high the next time I see you.

I'm probably most excited for the June 15th show. I'm just trying to figure out who the TBA bands are. I figure most of the active, US-based bands are already booked for the show. The only others I can think of: Vic Ruggiero, Chris Murray, Big D, Lemuria, the Smoking Popes, and LTJ (who probably aren't playing anyway).

I missed that show because I was away at school. I got a great screen printed poster for it from the punk rock flea market, and it taunts me all the time. Only Ska Is Dead tour I've missed.

1) That was a pretty rad show, even if it was kind of a lame Catch set. I'm not too into LTJ but I dig Losing Streak a lot. Also they played the Good Burger theme.

2) I hope you pick out the right Asian!

3) The 16th one is not on your list, I can say that much.

4) I made like 300 bucks selling at that a few years ago. I had a poster from that show too but I don't think it was screenprinted (and it's now MIA/destroyed probably). That's handsdown the best third-wavey lineup I've ever seen though.